The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3 month pet scan, all clear so far! Stage 3a

Forums General Melanoma Community 3 month pet scan, all clear so far! Stage 3a

Participant

I had a melanoma about as thick as primaries come, more than 15mm, taken out in July and one positive node.  Started Nivolumab right away and just had my first followup scan today.  Nothing new so far.  Nivo has worked great for me, with very few side effects.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        jbronicki
        Participant

That's the kind of news we like to hear around here!  Congratulations.  My husband had a similar story, his was at least 19 mm (I actually think final pathology was 22 mm after the surgical removal), and we are 3 1/2 years out with scans to date.  His looked like a cyst for years and his general doctor just said it was fine.

guynamedbilly
            Participant
              Thank you! That’s pretty much they same story here. They said it was a cyst 3 times for about 3 years, when I then told them to refer to a Dermatologist. Ah well, maybe our story will continue to be similar:)
              obtu.bt
              Participant
                Does your husband is also on nivo every 2 weeks for 1year or more? What is the adjuvant therapy he is holding on?
              TexMelanomex
              Participant

Right on Billy! Love us some good news! Billy 1 Mel 0….love it!

Tex

guynamedbilly
                  Participant
                    Yes thanks! I love seeing anyone’s good report. Shows that people can have good outcomes
                    Newmanbell
                    Participant
                      My husband just had a pet scan earlier this morning, awaiting the results is always the hard part.
                    sister of patient
                    Participant

Yayy!! Every clear scan is a reason to celebrate!! Here's to a future of clear!!!! Best wishes.

Barb

Jahendry12
                      Participant

Awesome new!  Thanks for sharing. Let the good news continue for a long, long time. 

melanomafighter
                        Participant

congrats that is great news

Viewing 4 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics