The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2nd scans post Yervoy (IPPI)

Forums General Melanoma Community 2nd scans post Yervoy (IPPI)

Participant
      I finally have some good news to report!

Quick review: Dx Feb 2011 WLE SNLB positive microscopic 1 node. Complete rt groin dissection- rest of nodes negative. Did high dose interferon May 2011, 1 high dose injection then stopped. Surgery July 1 for recurrence at bottom of lymph node scar. Did 4 rounds biochemo- July , august, sep, oct. Recurrence again in same area surgery end November. Started Yervoy end dec had 2 rounds then did radiation to right leg 20 treatments. Finished 4th Yervoy on 2/15/2012.

First PET/CT post Yervoy 02/28/2012 showed “Extensive progression of malignant disease with development of multiple, hepatic, osseous and pulmonary metastatic lesions.”

Labs were also awful- LDH got up to 414. Liver enzymes markedly elevated alk phosphatase 374, ast 499, alt 1106.

Labs yesterday-LDH 152 normal!!. Liver enzymes alk phosphotase 142, ast 81, alt, 111 these are still a little high, but markedly improved.
      PET/CT: ” Very pronounced improvement in metastatic disease. Most of the pulmonary modules noted previously are no longer visible. A few small punctate nodules remain. Only one has identifiable activity on PET portion with < 1 SUV. It measures only a few millimeters. Hepatic metastatic disease has significantly improved. Very significant improvement in skeletal metastatic disease. Many lesions are no longer visible." Hallelujah!!!!!!!! Can't stop doing the happy dance. I'm praying for all to see some improvement in their disease and even a cure. Hope this post gives some hope to others. I really wonder if the biochemo with IL2 followed by Yervoy along with some radiation is the key to my body finally getting the message. Julie in Las Vegas

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        H555
        Participant

congratulations. a very very good reason to celebrate. I am very happy for you and your family.

H555
          Participant

congratulations. a very very good reason to celebrate. I am very happy for you and your family.

H555
            Participant

UrsulaZ
              Participant

OK: That's the best news I've heard all day! A clink of the glass to you. 

UrsulaZ
                Participant

UrsulaZ
                  Participant

LynnLuc
                    Participant

great news!!

LynnLuc
                      Participant

great news!!

LynnLuc
                        Participant

great news!!

jim Breitfeller
                          Participant

Julie, Congrats!!!!!

"I really wonder if the biochemo with IL2 followed by Yervoy along with some radiation is the key to my body finally getting the message .".."

You are right on target. The biochem with IL-2 primed your Immune system, while Yervoy deactivated the T-Regs cell suppression of your T-cells. Radiation added the tumor cell debris that is needed to be presented on the Dendritic Cells which are acting as the Antigen Presenting Cells (APCs). It can be presented in this Diagram.

Best regards,

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                            Participant

Julie, Congrats!!!!!

"I really wonder if the biochemo with IL2 followed by Yervoy along with some radiation is the key to my body finally getting the message .".."

You are right on target. The biochem with IL-2 primed your Immune system, while Yervoy deactivated the T-Regs cell suppression of your T-cells. Radiation added the tumor cell debris that is needed to be presented on the Dendritic Cells which are acting as the Antigen Presenting Cells (APCs). It can be presented in this Diagram.

Best regards,

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                              Participant

Julie, Congrats!!!!!

Best regards,

Jimmy B

MeNDave
                                Participant

I am so glad I checked the board today…. I needed to see a positive post!  I am so happy for you and your family.  Keep going… you got this girl!

MeNDave
                                  Participant

I am so glad I checked the board today…. I needed to see a positive post!  I am so happy for you and your family.  Keep going… you got this girl!

MeNDave
                                    Participant

SABKLYN
                                      Participant

Great news! 

SABKLYN
                                        Participant

Great news! 

SABKLYN
                                          Participant

Great news! 

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics