The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2nd Scan Results

Forums General Melanoma Community 2nd Scan Results

Participant

Hello all,

I just had my 2nd PET scan since Dx Stage IV in Dec. of 2017, and completed my 12th infusion of Opdivo only (no combo due to a history of ulcerative colitis). My liver mets, which were present in Dec, but were not seen in my first scan in March, are still gone and nothing new has popped up! My external iliac node is now around 1 cm with a SUV of 1.3, down from 3cm and SUV of 15 in Dec. I also have an area in my right side groin where the CLND was performed last July where the SUV has decreased, and the report also says there is minimal hypermetabolic activity in the area.  My onc is thrilled with these results and we are hoping the two active areas will be gone by my Sept. scan. Overall, great news for 6 months of infusions!

I have also been lucky with very minimal side effects.  I've had some slight nausea, some minor fatigue, and my thyroid is "jacked up", but I haven't missed a day of work and overall have been feeling great.

This is my first summer in 3 years where I haven;t had to have some sort of surgery.  I am going to get out there and enjoy it as much as I can (with proper clothing and sunscreen of course!). I hope you all can do the same and will enjoy the 4th of July holiday. 

Thank you all for your stories and words of encouragment. They really help! Take care and be well.

Steve

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Coragirl
        Participant

Great News! Enjoy your summer.

AMcReader
          Participant

I always love to read good news, especially on a Friday!

Riven
            Participant

Oh my gosh! What fantactic news! I am so glad to hear it Steve!! I'm very excited that you get to enjoy your summer!   But you are right, make sure that have plenty of sunscreen, and maybe invest in one of those awsome swimmers shirts. I know I've been looking into them.

Becca 🙂

gopher38
              Participant

Not a lot to complain about there.  That means, personally, that I'd be at a loss for words. 

Congrats.

bjeans
                Participant

Just terrific all the way around! Take in a ball game – in the shady side of the park. 

Beth

Raco
                  Participant

Congratulations on your positive news, happy 4th, 

RACO (Robbie)

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics