The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2nd Opinion with new Melanoma Clinic

Forums General Melanoma Community 2nd Opinion with new Melanoma Clinic

Participant

I had my first appointment with Spectrum Melanoma Clinic in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  They were awsome to say the least.  The did get all of my original medical records since the beginning of my melanoma.  I met Sergical Onc, Dermatoligist, and medical onc, and a genetics doctor.  It was very thorough.  I was very pleased with the whole experience.  I did get the results of the altrasound that I had which came back non maliginant non cancerous mass and the 2 moles I had removed were benign.  I was finally told for the first time that I am officially NE

I had my first appointment with Spectrum Melanoma Clinic in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  They were awsome to say the least.  The did get all of my original medical records since the beginning of my melanoma.  I met Sergical Onc, Dermatoligist, and medical onc, and a genetics doctor.  It was very thorough.  I was very pleased with the whole experience.  I did get the results of the altrasound that I had which came back non maliginant non cancerous mass and the 2 moles I had removed were benign.  I was finally told for the first time that I am officially NED.  It was explained to me that the PET scan that I had done would not have picked up the nodual on my lung that they were watching because of the size of it and in there opinion I should have had another CT scan with contrast instead of PET scan which will only pick things up that are a certain size or bigger.  They do want another CT scan done in April to re check the lung nodual for change but other then that NED.  They said the nodual on my lung is so small that they are not concerned about it at all at this time but they do want to watch it, if it is still there even. Great new to me!!! On with life again with a lot less worry.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        akls
        Participant

Lauri,

I'm so glad to hear you had such a good experience in Grand Rapids.  I'm also so glad to hear you are NED!!!  Now enjoy! 

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
          Participant

Lauri,

I'm so glad to hear you had such a good experience in Grand Rapids.  I'm also so glad to hear you are NED!!!  Now enjoy! 

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
            Participant

Lauri,

Amy S. in Michigan

DonW
              Participant

Great News, Lauri! You are doing good.

DonW
                Participant

DonW
                  Participant

scots
                    Participant
                      Congrats on being NED.

Scot
                      1yr NED

NYKaren
                        Participant

Wonderful news, Lauri.  Congratulations.

continue to be well,

karen

NYKaren
                          Participant

continue to be well,

karen

NYKaren
                            Participant

continue to be well,

karen

scots
                            Participant
                              Congrats on being NED.

Scot
                              1yr NED

scots
                              Participant
                                Congrats on being NED.

Scot
                                1yr NED

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics