The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2nd Keytruda scan not as bad as they thought :) whoohoo

Forums General Melanoma Community 2nd Keytruda scan not as bad as they thought :) whoohoo

Participant

Just got a call from my nurse a little while ago. The bad report I got last week was comparing the 11/3 scan to the 4/23 scan which I knew that's what they did. But they got my 8/13 scan from Mayo now and compared it.

Basically no new stuff and "only mild growth". Awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

The main growth they are concerned about is the left scapula shoulder tumor which is already huge just not as much growth as they thought. Might do radiation or surgery in the future but not right now.

I was too dumbfounded to ask but I assume with a pretty good report like that I'll save TIL until some future date. I guess I'll still try to make the Chicago trip just to see what they say but not sure with my knee acting like it is.

What a relief. Not as good a report as some but it means Keytruda is kicking this stupid disease a lot better than they thought.

Thanks everyone.

Artie

Viewing 56 reply threads
    • Replies
        evleye
        Participant

So glad to hear the positive news!  Hoping Keytruda will help me as well.  

evleye
          Participant

evleye
            Participant

Randy437
              Participant

That's great news. 

tschmith
                  Participant

Yahoo!!!!!  Great news, Artie!

Terrie

tschmith
                    Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                      Participant

Terrie

Randy437
                      Participant

That's great news. 

Randy437
                        Participant

That's great news. 

sweetaugust
                          Participant

See Artie….you might have just needed a little more time….like I did.  ๐Ÿ™‚

All my mets shrank in the first few months on Keytruda…except for one that grew like crazy.  It was the size of a baseball hanging out of me at my 10th or 11th treatment, when it then blew up, died, and started shrinking.  So sometimes they get bigger before the Keytruda can get it to reverse.

So happy to hear your news.  That is fantastic!!!!  Have a great night, Laurie

sweetaugust
                            Participant

All my mets shrank in the first few months on Keytruda…except for one that grew like crazy.  It was the size of a baseball hanging out of me at my 10th or 11th treatment, when it then blew up, died, and started shrinking.  So sometimes they get bigger before the Keytruda can get it to reverse.

sweetaugust
                              Participant

Bubbles
                                Participant

Fingers crossed for an even better "delayed response" just around the bend!!!  Hang in there!  C

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Fingers crossed for an even better "delayed response" just around the bend!!!  Hang in there!  C

Bubbles
                                    Participant

casagrayson
                                      Participant

Way to go, Artie!

casagrayson
                                        Participant

Way to go, Artie!

casagrayson
                                          Participant

Way to go, Artie!

casagrayson
                                            Participant

Way to go, Artie!

casagrayson
                                              Participant

Way to go, Artie!

Marianne quinn
                                                  Participant

Great news. You are An inspiration.

Marianne quinn
                                                    Participant

Marianne quinn
                                                      Participant

casagrayson
                                                      Participant

Way to go, Artie!

BrianP
                                                        Participant

Awesome news Artie.  Cheers going out for you in NC tonight!

Brian

BrianP
                                                          Participant

Brian

BrianP
                                                            Participant

Brian

Jewel
                                                              Participant
                                                                Doing the happy dance!!!
                                                                Jewel
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Doing the happy dance!!!
                                                                  Jewel
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    Doing the happy dance!!!
                                                                    RJoeyB
                                                                    Participant

Wonderful news Artie, so pleased to hear this!  Hoping it comes with you starting feel better and stronger soon, too.

Joe

vivian
                                                                        Participant

Yay, Artie!  You are a true inspiration to all of us!  So happy to hear that you received good news.

cavsnut
                                                                          Participant

Great news Artie! I will continue to keep you in my prayers…you can beat this buddy!

Craig

cavsnut
                                                                            Participant

Great news Artie! I will continue to keep you in my prayers…you can beat this buddy!

Craig

cavsnut
                                                                              Participant

Craig

vivian
                                                                                Participant

Yay, Artie!  You are a true inspiration to all of us!  So happy to hear that you received good news.

vivian
                                                                                  Participant

RJoeyB
                                                                                  Participant

Wonderful news Artie, so pleased to hear this!  Hoping it comes with you starting feel better and stronger soon, too.

Joe

RJoeyB
                                                                                    Participant

Joe

JustMeInCA
                                                                                      Participant

Very happy to hear this — you've been in my thoughts! Now you can take a breath and carry on. 

JustMeInCA
                                                                                        Participant

Very happy to hear this — you've been in my thoughts! Now you can take a breath and carry on. 

JustMeInCA
                                                                                          Participant

jualonso
                                                                                            Participant

Great news Artie,

You are in my thoughts… hang in there

Jualonso

jualonso
                                                                                              Participant

Great news Artie,

Jualonso

jualonso
                                                                                                Participant

Great news Artie,

Jualonso

Owl
                                                                                                  Participant

Thanks for sharing, Artie!!! I am so happy for you!!! May there be more good news for you in the next scans.

By the way, this comparison thing often screwed the reports of my husband up, left confusion with us. Even the last scans which showed almost NED were compared with scans from October last year by accident surprise

Keep fighting, all the best, Jenny

Owl
                                                                                                    Participant

Thanks for sharing, Artie!!! I am so happy for you!!! May there be more good news for you in the next scans.

By the way, this comparison thing often screwed the reports of my husband up, left confusion with us. Even the last scans which showed almost NED were compared with scans from October last year by accident surprise

Owl
                                                                                                      Participant

Ninniditti
                                                                                                        Participant

I am so happy Artie! I have followed you a long time now and soo hoped that this treatment should work for you after all your efforts. 

Ninniditti
                                                                                                          Participant

I am so happy Artie! I have followed you a long time now and soo hoped that this treatment should work for you after all your efforts. 

Ninniditti
                                                                                                            Participant

Brendan
                                                                                                                Participant

Great news. Artie!!

Brendan

Brendan
                                                                                                                  Participant

Great news. Artie!!

Brendan

Brendan
                                                                                                                    Participant

Great news. Artie!!

Brendan

Brendan
                                                                                                                      Participant

Great news. Artie!!

Brendan

Brendan
                                                                                                                        Participant

Great news. Artie!!

Brendan

Brendan
                                                                                                                          Participant

Great news. Artie!!

Brendan

kalisama
                                                                                                                          Participant

fantastic news! sometimes i wish we had one of those Star Trek Universal Translators to filter all of the information we take in as patients, family, caregivers, etc. 

may your updates continue to be positive!

bless,
                                                                                                                            kali

jbronicki
                                                                                                                              Participant

Wonderful news!  So glad to hear it!

jbronicki
                                                                                                                                Participant

jbronicki
                                                                                                                                  Participant

kalisama
                                                                                                                                  Participant

fantastic news! sometimes i wish we had one of those Star Trek Universal Translators to filter all of the information we take in as patients, family, caregivers, etc. 

bless,
                                                                                                                                    kali

kalisama
                                                                                                                                    Participant

bless,
                                                                                                                                      kali

LuckyMan51
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Awesome news! This just it a big smile on my face and made my day! You are a real warrior…Wishing you the best of continued results. 

LuckyMan51
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Awesome news! This just it a big smile on my face and made my day! You are a real warrior…Wishing you the best of continued results. 

LuckyMan51
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Wolverine
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Artie,

I have been following your posting.  You are inspiring and I am happy that the news is better than previously thought.  All the best.

wolverine

Wolverine
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Artie,

I have been following your posting.  You are inspiring and I am happy that the news is better than previously thought.  All the best.

wolverine

Wolverine
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Artie,

wolverine

eturner
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Artie,

What great news!! I follow you very closly as my husbands mel is very much like yours( in bone) and I have been very interested in how the PD1 was responding with you. I will continue to pray for healing ๐Ÿ™‚

Emily

eturner
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Artie,

What great news!! I follow you very closly as my husbands mel is very much like yours( in bone) and I have been very interested in how the PD1 was responding with you. I will continue to pray for healing ๐Ÿ™‚

Emily

eturner
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Artie,

Emily

s wife
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Artie,

great news, so glad for you!!!

Keeping you in my prayers.

susannah

s wife
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Artie,

susannah

MoCedar
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Artie, You made my day with your latest update.  Strength and prayers coming your way.  Mo

MoCedar
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Artie, You made my day with your latest update.  Strength and prayers coming your way.  Mo

MoCedar
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

s wife
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Artie,

susannah

DZnDef
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Well, that's MUCH better, Artie!  Glad to hear your disease has gotten lazy.  Looking forward to hearing about it shrinking next time.

DZnDef
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Well, that's MUCH better, Artie!  Glad to hear your disease has gotten lazy.  Looking forward to hearing about it shrinking next time.

DZnDef
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Viewing 56 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics