The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

24 week scan results for Randy…

Forums General Melanoma Community 24 week scan results for Randy…

Participant

So my boyfriend Randy go the results of his 24 weeks scans and all his tumors continue to shrink, and nothing new!!  Also his vitiligo is showing up more. First his forearms, and now his shoulders have white patches, and the majority of his beard and mustache is white.  Hopefully Lambrolizumab will work so well for all of you as well.  Prayers to all.  

-Amanda-

So my boyfriend Randy go the results of his 24 weeks scans and all his tumors continue to shrink, and nothing new!!  Also his vitiligo is showing up more. First his forearms, and now his shoulders have white patches, and the majority of his beard and mustache is white.  Hopefully Lambrolizumab will work so well for all of you as well.  Prayers to all.  

-Amanda-

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        randallgford
        Participant

Fantastic news, congrats!

randallgford
          Participant

randallgford
            Participant

POW
              Participant

That's wonderful news, Amanda! Thank you for sharing. You really give hope to other melanoma patients.

How is Randy feeling? How is his energy level? Has he been able to regain his strength after his small bowel resection? 

POW
                Participant

That's wonderful news, Amanda! Thank you for sharing. You really give hope to other melanoma patients.

How is Randy feeling? How is his energy level? Has he been able to regain his strength after his small bowel resection? 

POW
                  Participant

Phil S
                    Participant
                      Amanda, So good to hear, thanks for posting! Enjoy this wonderful news, melanoma treatment has definitely come along way, thankful Randy is getting such good results. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                      Phil S
                      Participant
                        Amanda, So good to hear, thanks for posting! Enjoy this wonderful news, melanoma treatment has definitely come along way, thankful Randy is getting such good results. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                        Phil S
                        Participant
                          Owl
                          Participant

Amanda, wonderful news! I keep my fingers crossed! All the best Jenny

Owl
                            Participant

Owl
                              Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant

Love it!

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

Love it!

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

Love it!

Amanda
                                      Participant

Thanks for the replies, I really like sharing good news with all of you, i know it's great to hear when a drug is successful for someone, as it gives others hope.  God bless.

-Amanda-

Amanda
                                        Participant

Thanks for the replies, I really like sharing good news with all of you, i know it's great to hear when a drug is successful for someone, as it gives others hope.  God bless.

-Amanda-

Amanda
                                          Participant

-Amanda-

Tina D
                                            Participant

Amanda, That is GREAT news! I know you are celebrating still ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                              Participant

Tina

Tina D
                                                Participant

Tina

godisgreat
                                                  Participant

How is he doing now?

Taht is great news it was helping him. My father is on it for last few weeks and we are looking forward to  our resutls 

godisgreat
                                                    Participant

How is he doing now?

Taht is great news it was helping him. My father is on it for last few weeks and we are looking forward to  our resutls 

godisgreat
                                                      Participant

How is he doing now?

Amanda
                                                        Participant

Sorry for the delay in response.  Randys energy level instantly boosted once starting the Pd-1  He gained the 30 lbs back he lost from the small bowel obstruction.  Before pd-1 he used a cane, and i pushed him in a wheel chair for distances more than a couple blocks.  Now he can walk long distances, (he does take a nap usually during the day) and be up and about all day.  In fact he wakes up before i do and goes about the day. lol.  Basically this drug has turned his life back to normal.  The only side effect that affects him is his knees are still supper achy, and his joints hurt.  He says it seems like his knees are getting worse actually.  Also like i stated before he also has vitiligo.  Other than that, energy level is back up, and he feels great! Actually, he's been contacted by a couple people who wanted to write some articles and use him as an example of how great the drug is.  He took a couple pictures with Dr. Ribas that an editor wanted.  

His taste is still off and can only eat certain things due to the taste. (This started when he did Yervoy last year)

His giant tumor that is on his chest wall was the size of a 'breast', and it now about the size of a golf ball and still shrinking slowly. 

He had a tumor on his jaw line in a lympnode that was protruding and very noticeable that is basically gone now.

Last i heard his cd-8 cells were replicating like crazy.  I really really hope pd-1 becomes approved sooner than 2015, as it's been helping patients so much in it's early study.  

There's always hope all, never give up.  

-Amanda-

Amanda
                                                          Participant

Sorry for the delay in response.  Randys energy level instantly boosted once starting the Pd-1  He gained the 30 lbs back he lost from the small bowel obstruction.  Before pd-1 he used a cane, and i pushed him in a wheel chair for distances more than a couple blocks.  Now he can walk long distances, (he does take a nap usually during the day) and be up and about all day.  In fact he wakes up before i do and goes about the day. lol.  Basically this drug has turned his life back to normal.  The only side effect that affects him is his knees are still supper achy, and his joints hurt.  He says it seems like his knees are getting worse actually.  Also like i stated before he also has vitiligo.  Other than that, energy level is back up, and he feels great! Actually, he's been contacted by a couple people who wanted to write some articles and use him as an example of how great the drug is.  He took a couple pictures with Dr. Ribas that an editor wanted.  

His taste is still off and can only eat certain things due to the taste. (This started when he did Yervoy last year)

His giant tumor that is on his chest wall was the size of a 'breast', and it now about the size of a golf ball and still shrinking slowly. 

He had a tumor on his jaw line in a lympnode that was protruding and very noticeable that is basically gone now.

Last i heard his cd-8 cells were replicating like crazy.  I really really hope pd-1 becomes approved sooner than 2015, as it's been helping patients so much in it's early study.  

-Amanda-

Amanda
                                                            Participant

-Amanda-

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics