The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2 years NED

Forums General Melanoma Community 2 years NED

Participant
      I hope this works, I haven’t posted on the new forum yet! Just got the results from my latest scan and I made it to two years NED! My Doctor now says I can move my scans to every 6 months. I’m happy and nervous about that. 6 months seems like a long time in between scans.

I was diagnosed with melanoma while 9 months pregnant and found out I was stage 3 after I had my SLNB less than two weeks after giving birth. I also had a complete axillary dissection and did a year of Opdivo. I just started to have lymphedema in my arm. I still feel fatigue/drained at times- I’m guessing from the Opdivo still? But I’m doing good!  Melanoma is still always on my mind and I don’t think that is something that will ever change.
      Thank you to everyone here! I don’t post much but I read all the time! Everyone’s questions, experiences and knowledge have help me greatly since I found this forum almost two year ago!

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant
          That’s a great milestone to pass.  Very happy for you.
          MelMel
          Participant
            So happy for you! Best wishes and continued NED status!

Melanie

JudiAU
            Participant
              Happy happy milestone to you. Wonderful news.
              tkoss
              Participant
                3c. 4 axial  Ln’s  removed.

i finished a year of Opvido in December. Since ending infusion I have had no ill effects except for a small bout of constipation.

Onc assured me there were not lingering effects from immo, although I might disagree in as much as I never had constipation before. That’s 64 years of history.

no fatigue though.

I did one round of Moderna with no side effects , Onc told me there would be side effects on second round including fatigue.

Bubbles
                Participant
                  So very happy for you!!! Hugs to you and your little (growing) one! Enjoy! celeste
                  Chipster
                  Participant
                    Congrats on 2 yr NED.  If fatigue is severe be sure to ask your doctor to check TSH and Cortisol levels to make sure your thyroid and adrenal glands are functioning. Sometimes these can be affected following treatment.  And stay ahead of the lymphedema with compression sleeve.  Spend more time enjoying your baby and less worrying about  things you can’t control.  The current and continuing new treatments will allow you a long life.
                    hxcadam
                    Participant
                      Congrats!  Keep at it!  I was 3c at dx in 2016 but at the time they didn’t have approval for Opdivo so I had Ipi for a couple rounds before side effects took me off.  I made it 3 years before recurrence with 6 month scans.  Just keep at it!  Opdivo is way better than ipi as a solo agent.
                      SABKLYN
                      Participant
                        Great news! Such a great relief to pass through these milestones. My journey started back in 2011 with a similar disease stage as you. SLNB, CLND and if all goes well, will be 10 years NED in October. Best wishes to you and the rest of the MRF crew!

Stan

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics