The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

1st PET/CT Since Starting TAF + MEK in Dec 13

Forums General Melanoma Community 1st PET/CT Since Starting TAF + MEK in Dec 13

Participant

So scans in November 2013 showed

4 bone mets Femur, Ribcage, Humurus, Sacrum

2 sub q's that were poking out of neck

pituitary stalk metastisis

I got scans last week and resutls today only thing still showing although smaller are the Femur (L) and Left Ribcage everything else was undetectable/.

So Im happy with the meds and managing side effects somewhat …with pain meds for general body and joint pain and some naseau meds etc. 

My only real nw thing is I do notice i have some acid reflux and or belching….im not thinking it is the meds…..but maybe diet? has anyone noticed anything on the combo regarding gas or acid reflux? (besides all the other stuff lol)

Matt

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Matt, that's awesome!  Keep it going.  To the extent that I've had acid reflux/cramping since starting the GSK combo, I've managed it through occasional use of Zantac and Gas-X (both OTC products and both approved by my doctor's office).

Mat
          Participant

Matt, that's awesome!  Keep it going.  To the extent that I've had acid reflux/cramping since starting the GSK combo, I've managed it through occasional use of Zantac and Gas-X (both OTC products and both approved by my doctor's office).

Mat
            Participant

SABKLYN
              Participant

Great news on the results thus far.  Hoping for continued good news Matt!

SABKLYN
                Participant

SABKLYN
                  Participant

hbecker
                    Participant

Hey Matt, great report! Thanks!

~Hazel

hbecker
                      Participant

~Hazel

hbecker
                        Participant

~Hazel

BrianP
                          Participant

Awesome news Matt.  So happy for you. 

BrianP
                            Participant

BrianP
                              Participant

POW
                                Participant

That is wonderful news, Matt! Thank you for sharing it. You giving hope to many other warriors. Just keep doing what you are doing!

POW
                                  Participant

That is wonderful news, Matt! Thank you for sharing it. You giving hope to many other warriors. Just keep doing what you are doing!

POW
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics