The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

16 week ipi scan coming up – question please

Forums General Melanoma Community 16 week ipi scan coming up – question please

Participant

As some of you may remember, my 12 week scan after ipi showed 50% regression and some had disappeared. 2 of them had grown a small amount, but we don't know if this is inflammation. On Wednesday, I have my 16 week scan and results and now I'm really nervous. I truly hope that the lung mets keep shrinking and the 2 that grew a tad are now starting to shrink.

As some of you may remember, my 12 week scan after ipi showed 50% regression and some had disappeared. 2 of them had grown a small amount, but we don't know if this is inflammation. On Wednesday, I have my 16 week scan and results and now I'm really nervous. I truly hope that the lung mets keep shrinking and the 2 that grew a tad are now starting to shrink.

That being said, does anybody know if a scan looks successful after 12 weeks, can it all of a sudden change to something bad?  I just can't imagine going from good to bad, but I know these things could happen.  Now I know there is some concern over the 2 that grew, but I could have them removed.  If 2 of them grew and the rest continued to shrink, can you reintroduce ipi because of a "mixed result" scenerio? 

Thanks,

Lisa

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Terra
        Participant

Hi, Lisa, I posted a similar question a while back.  I think that yes you can be reintroduced to the drug with a mixed response and/or if something starts regrowing.  I know Dr. Joshua has mentioned that to us and that (I think) – you have a 50% chance of responding again.  I know PMH is also opening an anti-PD 1 trial soon, that may also be a thought.  We have scans mid Dec after last scans showed about a 50% decrease in tumour load as well and I already have that nervous feeling. We are thinking about you and are looking forward to hearing the good news tomorrow!

Terra
          Participant

Hi, Lisa, I posted a similar question a while back.  I think that yes you can be reintroduced to the drug with a mixed response and/or if something starts regrowing.  I know Dr. Joshua has mentioned that to us and that (I think) – you have a 50% chance of responding again.  I know PMH is also opening an anti-PD 1 trial soon, that may also be a thought.  We have scans mid Dec after last scans showed about a 50% decrease in tumour load as well and I already have that nervous feeling. We are thinking about you and are looking forward to hearing the good news tomorrow!

Lisa13
              Participant

Hi Terra,

Thanks so much for replying.

Even though my last scans were successful, I'm just nervous if it's continuing or not.  I know you're feeling exactly the way I am, but we have to continue to belive good things.

I'm happy to hear PMH is coming out with an Anti PD-1 soon. This makes it much easier for us Canadian's not to travel. I really hope and pray that me and your husband both have good news so we can have a fantastic holiday.

Lisa

NYKaren
                Participant

Hi Lisa,

Just want to wish you luck on your upcoming scans.

How are you feeling?

karen

Lisa13
                  Participant

Thanks Karen – very much appreciated.

Other than being nervous, I feel great and healthy.

How about you?  How's the IL-2 doing?

I'm thinking of you and wishing you nothing but the very best.

Lisa

Lisa13
                    Participant

Lisa

Lisa13
                      Participant

Lisa

Vermont_Donna
                        Participant

Dear Lisa,

I know that you are really nervous about your upcoming scans and that is so normal of course. It is hard to not know what is really going on inside our bodies, and we hope and pray that the treatment we are doing is working and continuing to work! I have really been working on my anxiety level regarding my scans as all the worry in the world wont change what the reality of the information scans give us….but the worry can overtake us and affect how we function everyday. I hope that you can enjoy each day and live it well, in spite of melanoma. I am hoping and wishing the BEST for you!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                          Participant

Dear Lisa,

I know that you are really nervous about your upcoming scans and that is so normal of course. It is hard to not know what is really going on inside our bodies, and we hope and pray that the treatment we are doing is working and continuing to work! I have really been working on my anxiety level regarding my scans as all the worry in the world wont change what the reality of the information scans give us….but the worry can overtake us and affect how we function everyday. I hope that you can enjoy each day and live it well, in spite of melanoma. I am hoping and wishing the BEST for you!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

Vermont_Donna
                            Participant

Dear Lisa,

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

NYKaren
                              Participant

Hi Lisa,

How are you feeling?

karen

NYKaren
                                Participant

Hi Lisa,

How are you feeling?

karen

Lisa13
                                  Participant

Hi Terra,

Even though my last scans were successful, I'm just nervous if it's continuing or not.  I know you're feeling exactly the way I am, but we have to continue to belive good things.

I'm happy to hear PMH is coming out with an Anti PD-1 soon. This makes it much easier for us Canadian's not to travel. I really hope and pray that me and your husband both have good news so we can have a fantastic holiday.

Lisa

Lisa13
                                    Participant

Hi Terra,

Lisa

Terra
                                    Participant

FormerCaregiver
                                      Participant

Lisa, I hope that ipi will continue to help your immune system to shrink the mets. I don't know if anyone can accurately predict what melanoma will do after 12 weeks, but sometimes one can get a clue from how one is feeling. If there are no new symptoms, then there is every reason to be optimistic.

Good luck on Wednesday. You remain in my prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                        Participant

Lisa, I hope that ipi will continue to help your immune system to shrink the mets. I don't know if anyone can accurately predict what melanoma will do after 12 weeks, but sometimes one can get a clue from how one is feeling. If there are no new symptoms, then there is every reason to be optimistic.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                          Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics