The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Participant
      Hey everyone. Moh’s went well last week on the tragus. A bit of reconstruction to rebuild, and make it look pretty normal actually. Is healing good. Had four biopsies at the same time, and two came back melanoma. That’s 14 total now for me. Took the wind out of my sails a bit on that news. Setting new records everywhere I go. Still feisty.

Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        SOLE
        Participant
          If nothing else Bob, keep finding them early and chugging them off! You are a prime melanoma advocate to follow and it is my belief you won’t ever progress further.

I had genetics done on my condition and nothing of familial origin was found. Have you investigated that?

Everytime I see my whole body photographer dermatologist, he takes one out out of precaution. I can so live with that. I thank him every time.

Cheers man!

Bobman
            Participant
              Yes sir! Early detection, and make it go away.. I’m all about that too! As far as the genetics testing, no I’ve not had that done, but it did come up in conversation last week. I’m game for anything that will give a deeper understanding of what’s going on, and feeling good about the dialogue with my new providers. The moh’s surgeon told me that the lesion on my ear would have never been a blip on his radar, and he was lowering the threshold on me for removing any, and all that looks any kind of funky. When he called with the biopsy results yesterday, he said he was shocked that two came back for melanoma. I take comfort in shocking these guy’s.
              Thanks for your comments,
              Cheers buddy!
            MelMel
            Participant
              You are amazing, always one step ahead of that melanoma monster! You are also continued proof that shows being proactive, vigilant and remaining so over the years really works!!!
              Wishing you continued success.
              Aloha,
              Melanie
                Bobman
                Participant
                  Thanks for the words of encouragement Melanie . Always hopeful some of my journey can be helpful to others who may visit our site here.
                  Aloha!
                Bubbles
                Participant
                  I’m glad the surgery to your ear turned out pretty well, Bob!!! Also glad that any problem lesions have now been removed. Still, it all sucks doesn’t it?! Sorry for what you have endured, but so glad you are proactive. You and Janner seem to have pulled the same melanoma ticket. Hoping you have good healing and find no more concerning spots! Rest up! Celeste
                    Bobman
                    Participant
                      Hey Celeste! Yes it does suck, no doubt, but all in all I’m feeling better than I have in a long time with everything. New eyes, opinions, and procedures is giving me a boost. The moh’s surgeon was top notch, worked hard and making the tragus look anatomically correct saying that he was planning on me living to be an old man, and he was thinking I may need a good place to rest a hearing aid in the future. Gotta love a cutter with a sense of humor! Pulled me so tight from the side of my face towards the tragus, that the crows feet under my left eye all but dissapeared!
                      You know I’m always hopeful that Janner will be back. Miss her a lot.
                      Thanks for all you do for everyone here gal.
                      A Hui hou!
                      JudiAU
                      Participant
                        Humph. I’ve had brain surgery three times and I still have those damn scowl marks by my eyebrows! No fair!
                  Viewing 2 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics