The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

10 years NED stage IIIA

Forums General Melanoma Community 10 years NED stage IIIA

Participant

Hi,

My husband just returned from his oncologist and remains NED 10 years after being diagnosed at stage IIIA.  He had his last CT scan in August, and continues with annual chest x-rays and semi-annual bloodwork.  He was originally dx in January 2002 with a 1.3mm depth melanoma on the right tricep area.  There were micromets in 1 or 2 nodes (I can't quite tell from the path report).  He opted for no further interventions after surgery to remove the rest of the lymph nodes in his armpit.  He is now 36.

Hi,

My husband just returned from his oncologist and remains NED 10 years after being diagnosed at stage IIIA.  He had his last CT scan in August, and continues with annual chest x-rays and semi-annual bloodwork.  He was originally dx in January 2002 with a 1.3mm depth melanoma on the right tricep area.  There were micromets in 1 or 2 nodes (I can't quite tell from the path report).  He opted for no further interventions after surgery to remove the rest of the lymph nodes in his armpit.  He is now 36.

I hope for NED for everyone on this board, and wish daily for a cure for this horrible disease.

Wendy

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        gtown
        Participant

Hey,

That's great news, man I'd be cracking open some brews over that news. Thanks for the positive update, looking forward to another one next year. Go out and celebrate!!

Gtown   

gtown
          Participant

Hey,

That's great news, man I'd be cracking open some brews over that news. Thanks for the positive update, looking forward to another one next year. Go out and celebrate!!

Gtown   

gtown
            Participant

Hey,

Gtown   

samcanada
              Participant

Wendy,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your post, it have given me so much hope. My husband was just diagnosed with stage IIIA recently and to say I am devestated is quite the understatement. Seems like almost everyone I read about advances sooner or later and it is so good to see someone that hasn't.

I hope you are celebrating this wonderful news and I pray we will be able to say the same thing 10 years down the road.

Thanks again!

samcanada
                Participant

Wendy,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your post, it have given me so much hope. My husband was just diagnosed with stage IIIA recently and to say I am devestated is quite the understatement. Seems like almost everyone I read about advances sooner or later and it is so good to see someone that hasn't.

I hope you are celebrating this wonderful news and I pray we will be able to say the same thing 10 years down the road.

Thanks again!

samcanada
                  Participant

Wendy,

Thanks again!

natasha
                    Participant

Thank you for your post !!! It gives hope !!

Hope you husband will be NED for all his long life and NED for everyone here!!!!

natasha
                      Participant

Hope you husband will be NED for all his long life and NED for everyone here!!!!

natasha
                        Participant

Mike N
                          Participant

So great to hear this news! Happy to hear that others are beating this beast.

Mike N

Mike N
                            Participant

Mike N

Mike N
                              Participant

Mike N

Leigh
                                Participant

Hi that is wonderful news wendy.  I am so pleased for you. I just read an article (skimmed it really) but thought you might be interested in seeing it – with regards to general prognosis for melanoma 10 years out NED.  (I think it is extremely encouraging).

http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/194_02_170111/baa10523_fm.html

Leigh
                                  Participant

Hi that is wonderful news wendy.  I am so pleased for you. I just read an article (skimmed it really) but thought you might be interested in seeing it – with regards to general prognosis for melanoma 10 years out NED.  (I think it is extremely encouraging).

Leigh
                                    Participant

CLPrice31
                                      Participant

I love hearing stories like this. So inspiring! Thank you for sharing. Here's to many more NED years!

CLPrice31
                                        Participant

I love hearing stories like this. So inspiring! Thank you for sharing. Here's to many more NED years!

CLPrice31
                                          Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics