The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

1 year after IPI scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community 1 year after IPI scan results

Participant

Hi there friends,

It's hard to believe that I started all of this up again a year ago!  Last Christmas was such a mess! My recurrence and my mother's illness just left all of us tired and done.  So done that we skipped Christmas. 

But yesterday I had my 1 year since starting IPI scans and once again they are "perfect", "complete response" and "see you in 6 months".  I still can't quite believe it.  But my Rock Star Doc couldn't even find evidence where the intransit mets were and the biopsy sites are now soft and pliable (as opposed to hard and BB like before).  I am so grateful!

May you have a wonderful holiday season! Merry Christmas!

Julie

Stage 3c: WLE, SNB, LND, HD-INF, GM-CSF, IPI = NERD

Here's a picture of me and my friends celebrating. I'm in the white shirt and jeans. It is a happy day! 

Oh Happy Day!

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Congrats, Julie!!!  Have a wonderful Christmas!! c

Bubbles
          Participant

Bubbles
            Participant

sweetaugust
              Participant

That is so fantastic Julie! Excellent news for sure.  Congratulations!!!!   Laurie

sweetaugust
                Participant

That is so fantastic Julie! Excellent news for sure.  Congratulations!!!!   Laurie

sweetaugust
                  Participant

BrianP
                    Participant

What a great Christmas present Julie.  I can't believe it's been a year for you either.  I remember some of your post just like it was yesterday.  You heading back to Asia anytime soon?  Have a wonderful Christmas.

Brian

BrianP
                      Participant

What a great Christmas present Julie.  I can't believe it's been a year for you either.  I remember some of your post just like it was yesterday.  You heading back to Asia anytime soon?  Have a wonderful Christmas.

Brian

BrianP
                        Participant

Brian

Marianne quinn
                            Participant

Great news. My husband is 9 months NED after his last dose of ipi. He had a small mets to his liver at 14 week scan. He had microwave ablation which was successful. His onc is feeling optimistic which is a big change from last March. Your posts helped so much during the last year. Kept my hopes up. Have a great Christmas. Marianne

Marianne quinn
                              Participant

Great news. My husband is 9 months NED after his last dose of ipi. He had a small mets to his liver at 14 week scan. He had microwave ablation which was successful. His onc is feeling optimistic which is a big change from last March. Your posts helped so much during the last year. Kept my hopes up. Have a great Christmas. Marianne

Marianne quinn
                                Participant

jenny22
                                Participant

HI Julie- congratulations on such wonderful news…..it is great to see….

I guess I am where you were this time last year….

I am interested to hear about them starting you on IPI for stage III intransit mets….I have seen 5 melanoma onc experts, and only one is suggesting trying IPI in the adjuvant setting for stage III…..others offered:

Watch and wait

Interferon

Vaccine Trial

Such hard decisons…and every time i read about intransit mets its alway so doom and gloom!

I am encourgaed by your post, and happy for you.

Merry XMas,

j

jenny22
                                  Participant

I am interested to hear about them starting you on IPI for stage III intransit mets….I have seen 5 melanoma onc experts, and only one is suggesting trying IPI in the adjuvant setting for stage III…..others offered:

Watch and wait

Interferon

Vaccine Trial

Such hard decisons…and every time i read about intransit mets its alway so doom and gloom!

Merry XMas,

j

Ginger8888
                                      Participant

Jenny i am stage 3 C and did the 30 day HD interferon and failed it..Yervoy is working so far, next scan results on the 29th..

Ginger8888
                                        Participant

Jenny i am stage 3 C and did the 30 day HD interferon and failed it..Yervoy is working so far, next scan results on the 29th..

Ginger8888
                                          Participant

jenny22
                                          Participant

Watch and wait

Interferon

Vaccine Trial

Merry XMas,

j

Ginger8888
                                            Participant

Congrats!! I finished Yervoy Aug 13 and just had my second scan and get results on the 29th, hoping they finally come out clear..

Ginger8888
                                              Participant

Congrats!! I finished Yervoy Aug 13 and just had my second scan and get results on the 29th, hoping they finally come out clear..

Ginger8888
                                                Participant

_Paul_
                                                  Participant

Wow! Now that's a Christmas present that's hard to follow! Very happy for you!

– Paul.

_Paul_
                                                    Participant

– Paul.

_Paul_
                                                      Participant

– Paul.

SABKLYN
                                                        Participant

Hi Julie,Was following your journey since your return from Asia…..terrific news and congratulations!

SABKLYN
                                                          Participant

Hi Julie,Was following your journey since your return from Asia…..terrific news and congratulations!

SABKLYN
                                                            Participant

triciad
                                                              Participant

Julie,

So happy to hear about your great news.  You've been through a lot and it's encouraging to read about your success.  I just finished my 4th dose of Ipi.  I hope to follow in your shoes!

Happy holidays!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                Participant

Julie,

So happy to hear about your great news.  You've been through a lot and it's encouraging to read about your success.  I just finished my 4th dose of Ipi.  I hope to follow in your shoes!

Happy holidays!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                  Participant

Julie,

Happy holidays!

Tricia

Tracey R62
                                                                    Participant

That's great.  What kind of side effects did you have on yervoy?  i will be having surgery in january to remove my toe and my groin lymph nodes and just overwhelmed over if and which treatments to choose.  

Tracey R62
                                                                      Participant

That's great.  What kind of side effects did you have on yervoy?  i will be having surgery in january to remove my toe and my groin lymph nodes and just overwhelmed over if and which treatments to choose.  

Tracey R62
                                                                        Participant

Julie in SoCal
                                                                            Participant

Hey Tracy!

I mostly had fatigue, headache, small joint pain, rash and stomach rumblings. My Dr and I got on each one pretty quick so none of the side effects were serious.  They were annoying and a drag, but not bad enough to warrant changing course.

I trust IPI will work it's magic with you too!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                                                              Participant

Hey Tracy!

I mostly had fatigue, headache, small joint pain, rash and stomach rumblings. My Dr and I got on each one pretty quick so none of the side effects were serious.  They were annoying and a drag, but not bad enough to warrant changing course.

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                                                                                Participant

Hey Tracy!

Julie

Rosegargala
                                                                                Participant

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! I hope you REALLY get to enjoy this Holiday Season!!! I know when we found out that I have melanoma I couldn't even think about Christmas , so I know how painful that had to be for you!!!!  I am so happy to hear your wonderful news !!!! My PET scan was clear so I intend on making this the best Christmas ever!!!  HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosegargala
                                                                                  Participant

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! I hope you REALLY get to enjoy this Holiday Season!!! I know when we found out that I have melanoma I couldn't even think about Christmas , so I know how painful that had to be for you!!!!  I am so happy to hear your wonderful news !!!! My PET scan was clear so I intend on making this the best Christmas ever!!!  HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosegargala
                                                                                    Participant

DZnDef
                                                                                      Participant

Congratulations Julie!  I'm so happy for you!  Doing the happy dance.  I'll be seeing Rock Star doc in January.   So glad its a Merry Christmas for you this year!  Double-down on those presents to make up for last year.

Cheers!

DZnDef
                                                                                        Participant

Congratulations Julie!  I'm so happy for you!  Doing the happy dance.  I'll be seeing Rock Star doc in January.   So glad its a Merry Christmas for you this year!  Double-down on those presents to make up for last year.

Cheers!

DZnDef
                                                                                          Participant

Cheers!

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics