The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update after 3 years on Keytruda

Forums General Melanoma Community Update after 3 years on Keytruda

Participant

Hi all,

As of October 1st it will be 3 years since my stage 4 diagnosis.  I've been on Keytruda (10mg every 3 weeks) since Halloween 2012.  I'm still on it with no end date planned and really am not having any side effects from it at this time.  

I scanned again a few weeks back and all is great.  I haven't really been on the site for the last few months because I was out enjoying the summer and just enjoying life with my boyfriend.  I quit my job in June and moved out of the city to live by the ocean and live a more natural, calm life.  All is great and I hope you all had a great summer as well.

All my best, Laurie

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        dfeng
        Participant

Fantastic news, thank for the update and best wishes.

dfeng
          Participant

dfeng
            Participant

Scooby123
                Participant

so pleased for you keep up the good work enjoy life xx

scooby

Scooby123
                  Participant

scooby

Scooby123
                    Participant

scooby

khubes
                    Participant

Hi Laurie,

What wonderful news – congratulations!  Thanks very much for sharing.  My husband is getting his scans tomorrow to determine whether or not Keytruda is working for him.  We are hoping and praying for long lasting results like yours.  Again, thanks for sharing – stories like yours provide hope for us in the thick of it! 

Best,

Katie 

khubes
                      Participant

Hi Laurie,

What wonderful news – congratulations!  Thanks very much for sharing.  My husband is getting his scans tomorrow to determine whether or not Keytruda is working for him.  We are hoping and praying for long lasting results like yours.  Again, thanks for sharing – stories like yours provide hope for us in the thick of it! 

Best,

Katie 

khubes
                        Participant

Hi Laurie,

Best,

Katie 

Jubes
                          Participant

Thanks for posting. Getting results from my one year today…..

Jubes
                            Participant

Jubes
                              Participant

JakeinNY
                                Participant

Sounds fantastic all around, Laurie!

Keep up the good work!!!

JakeinNY
                                  Participant

Keep up the good work!!!

JakeinNY
                                    Participant

Keep up the good work!!!

mrsaxde
                                      Participant

Good to hear that things are working for you! My oncologist calls Keytruda a "miracle drug."

I've had 3 cycles of Keytruda so far. After just one we noticed several spots on my back were getting thinner. I had my first CT scan since starting Keytruda yesterday. I see the doctor tomorrow. Hoping for good news!

mrsaxde
                                        Participant

Good to hear that things are working for you! My oncologist calls Keytruda a "miracle drug."

I've had 3 cycles of Keytruda so far. After just one we noticed several spots on my back were getting thinner. I had my first CT scan since starting Keytruda yesterday. I see the doctor tomorrow. Hoping for good news!

mrsaxde
                                          Participant

DZnDef
                                            Participant

Laurie!  So great to see you posting again!  And what a great reason to be away – living a normal life!  I couldn't be happier for you!  Congratulations on your continued success and congratulations on your new, more relaxing lifestyle by the sea.  It does a body good to stop and smell the roses (or the salt air).  What's the point of living if we don't enjoy it?!  Cheers to you, Laurie!  And enjoy those sunrises (or is it sunsets?) over the ocean!

Be well!

Maggie

DZnDef
                                              Participant

Laurie!  So great to see you posting again!  And what a great reason to be away – living a normal life!  I couldn't be happier for you!  Congratulations on your continued success and congratulations on your new, more relaxing lifestyle by the sea.  It does a body good to stop and smell the roses (or the salt air).  What's the point of living if we don't enjoy it?!  Cheers to you, Laurie!  And enjoy those sunrises (or is it sunsets?) over the ocean!

Be well!

Maggie

AnitaLoree
                                                  Participant

Laurie: Thx for sharing good news re your 3 yr Keytruda journey, especially SE free! My husband's been debating on the value of continuing,1 yr on, & not sure re future, i.e. risk of developing other SE's. He is (was) super healthy mid 70's & has itching/fatigue but is PFS now :-)) He sez "Small price for still being here".  With your good report, I think he'll opt to stay on. Best wishes for continued happy life.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                                                    Participant

Laurie: Thx for sharing good news re your 3 yr Keytruda journey, especially SE free! My husband's been debating on the value of continuing,1 yr on, & not sure re future, i.e. risk of developing other SE's. He is (was) super healthy mid 70's & has itching/fatigue but is PFS now :-)) He sez "Small price for still being here".  With your good report, I think he'll opt to stay on. Best wishes for continued happy life.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                                                      Participant

DZnDef
                                                      Participant

Be well!

Maggie

JoshF
                                                        Participant

Awesome…congrats!

JoshF
                                                          Participant

Awesome…congrats!

JoshF
                                                            Participant

Awesome…congrats!

_Paul_
                                                              Participant

Thanks for sharing your continued success Laurie. Fantastic!

_Paul_
                                                                Participant

_Paul_
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics