The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good news to share

Forums General Melanoma Community Good news to share

Participant

Hi everyone,

i just wanted to share some good news in the hopes that it will lift someone's spirits; as many have done for me in the past.

i just had all my scans yesterday and they looked good. Here's a quick summary:

Sept 2011-stage IV, lung met, thoracic surgery

Nov 2012-craniotomy #1

June 2013-craniotomy #2 (recurrence), gliadel wafers left in cavity

November 2013-two new mets, one in each lung

Jan 2014-begin nivolumab trial

Feb 2014-first scans on clinical trial are good, small met is gone, target met down 60%

March 2015-brain still clear, lung met stable after 95% shrinkage.

So I've been stage IV for 3 1/2 years and still going. Some SRS and ipi was mixed in there too, along with some seizures.  

I'm just happy to still be able to play with my girls and bother my wife!

Good luck to you all.

Brendan

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

That's great, Brendan!  Bother and play away!!!  celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

Bubbles
            Participant

sweetaugust
              Participant

Excellent news!!  You have not had an easy road, but I am glad you found the treatment that worked best for you.  All my best, Laurie  (2.5 years out from my stage 4 diagnosis and doing great on Pembro/Keytruda)

sweetaugust
                Participant

Excellent news!!  You have not had an easy road, but I am glad you found the treatment that worked best for you.  All my best, Laurie  (2.5 years out from my stage 4 diagnosis and doing great on Pembro/Keytruda)

sweetaugust
                  Participant

SABKLYN
                    Participant

Terrific news – thanks for sharing

SABKLYN
                      Participant

SABKLYN
                        Participant

Mat
                          Participant

Brendan, thanks for sharing your good news.  Glad to hear it!

Mat
                            Participant

Maureen038
                                Participant

That's wonderful news Brendan!

Maureen

Maureen038
                                  Participant

Maureen

Maureen038
                                    Participant

Maureen

Mat
                                    Participant

Mom2Addy
                                      Participant

You have not idea how much I needed to read this tonight! So happy for you and keep up the good fight! 

Mom2Addy
                                        Participant

You have not idea how much I needed to read this tonight! So happy for you and keep up the good fight! 

yazziemac
                                            Participant

Hooray!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

yazziemac
                                              Participant

Hooray!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

yazziemac
                                                Participant

Hooray!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mom2Addy
                                                Participant

_Paul_
                                                  Participant

Awesome news Brendan! Thanks for sharing!

_Paul_
                                                    Participant

_Paul_
                                                      Participant

Jubes
                                                        Participant

Thanks Brendon. Soooo good!

Jubes
                                                          Participant

Jubes
                                                            Participant

JoshF
                                                              Participant

Great to hear…keep it rolling!

Josh

JoshF
                                                                Participant

Josh

Brendan
                                                                    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Any ideas why my pic doesn't stay?  It'll be there for a day or two and then disappear? Thanks.

PS-I despise computers.  Thanks.

Brendan
                                                                      Participant

Hi Everyone,

Any ideas why my pic doesn't stay?  It'll be there for a day or two and then disappear? Thanks.

Brendan
                                                                        Participant

Hi Everyone,

JoshF
                                                                        Participant

Josh

LuckyMan51
                                                                          Participant

Awesome!   Thanks for the post.,  

LuckyMan51
                                                                            Participant

LuckyMan51
                                                                              Participant

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics