The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf Warts

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf Warts

Participant

Curious on folks experience with Zelboraf.  Did you get warts while on it?  Did you get them in odd places where the sun doesn't shine?  And is it possible to get them even after you stop taking Z?  I see my derm soon so I'll ask him about them also.  Oh the things we go thru!  

Curious on folks experience with Zelboraf.  Did you get warts while on it?  Did you get them in odd places where the sun doesn't shine?  And is it possible to get them even after you stop taking Z?  I see my derm soon so I'll ask him about them also.  Oh the things we go thru!  

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant

I have a dermatologist evaluation every twelve weeks and for a period of time while on Zelboraf, I was always having tags removed and biopsied; all except one turned out to be warts and the one was a cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.  They were quite prolific and showed up on many different parts of my body.  I used to joke about the removals being part of my weight management program.

It’s been close to a year since I've had any and since I’m still on Zelboraf I can’t answer the question about what happens when you stop.

Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Richard_K
          Participant

I have a dermatologist evaluation every twelve weeks and for a period of time while on Zelboraf, I was always having tags removed and biopsied; all except one turned out to be warts and the one was a cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.  They were quite prolific and showed up on many different parts of my body.  I used to joke about the removals being part of my weight management program.

It’s been close to a year since I've had any and since I’m still on Zelboraf I can’t answer the question about what happens when you stop.

Richard_K
            Participant

awillett1991
              Participant
                I had several warts and 2 that looked the same to me but turned out to be Squamous Cell Carcinomas. I did stop Zel for a few weeks and my derm said he wouldn’t be surprised to see continuing skin effects for 2 months after stopping. I had painful little pimply things all over, anywhere with skin, not much fun.
                  bj63
                  Participant

Hi –

I'm new to the board – just joined a few days ago, although I've been lurking for months.  I've been on Zelboraf since November. I'm seeing a few of these, too – not too many as of yet.  I'm trying to get scheduled with my derm now to talk about them.

bj63
                    Participant

Hi –

I'm new to the board – just joined a few days ago, although I've been lurking for months.  I've been on Zelboraf since November. I'm seeing a few of these, too – not too many as of yet.  I'm trying to get scheduled with my derm now to talk about them.

bj63
                      Participant

Hi –

awillett1991
                      Participant
                        I had several warts and 2 that looked the same to me but turned out to be Squamous Cell Carcinomas. I did stop Zel for a few weeks and my derm said he wouldn’t be surprised to see continuing skin effects for 2 months after stopping. I had painful little pimply things all over, anywhere with skin, not much fun.
                        awillett1991
                        Participant
                      Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics