The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf

Participant
      Just wanted to thank all the people who went through clinical trials for zelboraf. I ‘ve been on zel. For 8 months now. As I was driving to work the other day I started to feel sorry for myself passing by runners that were doing the same thing I’m not able to do any more due to pain in the feet (side effect from zel. and messed up feet). Then I passed by a guy in a wheelchair waiting for a bus. Seeing him, zapped me out of my “funk”. I was reminded of the blessings I still have, and overall dong pretty good.

Just wanted to thank all the people who went through clinical trials for zelboraf. I ‘ve been on zel. For 8 months now. As I was driving to work the other day I started to feel sorry for myself passing by runners that were doing the same thing I’m not able to do any more due to pain in the feet (side effect from zel. and messed up feet). Then I passed by a guy in a wheelchair waiting for a bus. Seeing him, zapped me out of my “funk”. I was reminded of the blessings I still have, and overall dong pretty good.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mrsgkr
        Participant

Hello Bruce. I haven't posted here much, I've been spending most of my time between two jobs and taking care of the kids and my husband. 

Posts like yours are the ones that catch my attention the most. People that feel sorry for themselves but can see and understand that there are others worse off than they are.

My husband Gary was diagnosed with stage II Cutaneous Melanoma back in September 2011.

After surgery, a disasterous round of radiation, two rounds of Temodar and now Zelboraf he is at stage IV Metastatic Melanoma.

He has his days of being depressed and asking 'why me', but most days he does his best to think positive.

Thank you for your post. It reminds us we all have things to be thankful for!!

Mrsgkr
          Participant

Hello Bruce. I haven't posted here much, I've been spending most of my time between two jobs and taking care of the kids and my husband. 

Posts like yours are the ones that catch my attention the most. People that feel sorry for themselves but can see and understand that there are others worse off than they are.

My husband Gary was diagnosed with stage II Cutaneous Melanoma back in September 2011.

After surgery, a disasterous round of radiation, two rounds of Temodar and now Zelboraf he is at stage IV Metastatic Melanoma.

He has his days of being depressed and asking 'why me', but most days he does his best to think positive.

Mrsgkr
            Participant

Ali
              Participant

A great reminder!  Hope things continue to go well for you!

Ali
                Participant

Ali
                  Participant

aldakota22
                    Participant

I see you are a very lucky man.The fact that "Z" is working for you and you are able to shake off that down feeling with a dose of reality.Like you I am on the drug and realize that a positive frame is the only way to think.We will beat the beast.Will keep you in my prayers.  Al

Snickers60
                        Participant

There you go, Bruce !  That's how Wayne feels about it.  Could be soooooo much worse !   He has been through

worse.   Thanks for the reminder………

Nancy (wife of 3x Warrior WAYNE)

Snickers60
                          Participant

There you go, Bruce !  That's how Wayne feels about it.  Could be soooooo much worse !   He has been through

Snickers60
                            Participant

aldakota22
                            Participant

I see you are a very lucky man.The fact that "Z" is working for you and you are able to shake off that down feeling with a dose of reality.Like you I am on the drug and realize that a positive frame is the only way to think.We will beat the beast.Will keep you in my prayers.  Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Retired41505
                                Participant

Thanks for the post. . .it gives me hope. My son in law just found out today the WBRT didn't do anything for his brain mets. He'll be starting on Zelboraf on Friday. . .14+ lesions.

Retired41505
                                  Participant

Thanks for the post. . .it gives me hope. My son in law just found out today the WBRT didn't do anything for his brain mets. He'll be starting on Zelboraf on Friday. . .14+ lesions.

Retired41505
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics