The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yesterday’s results

Forums General Melanoma Community Yesterday’s results

Participant

Well it is what was suspected. My MRI was swollen and I have now been taken off my scheduled treatment plan. I meet with an endocrinologist tomorrow and will get another more detailed MRI. My blood test revealed that my ACTH, TSH, and cortisol levels are very low and I am now on prednisone. Strongly believe I am beating this and that this is all going to mean good things in the end. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        MoiraM
        Participant

Hi Aaron

I had Ipi/Yervoy and hypophyysitis.

Good news – I am a responder – tumours shrank – one year NED.

Bad news, my anterior pituitary function never came back. Hopefully they caught yours earlier and it will. Having an endrocrinologst involved is a good idea.

I take a 'replacement dose' of cortisol (8mg prednisolone) and a 'replacement dose' of thyroxine (currently 82.5mg levothyroxine). I consider the lack of anteripr pituitary gland function to be a small price to pay for being one year NED.

MoiraM
          Participant

Hi Aaron

Bad news, my anterior pituitary function never came back. Hopefully they caught yours earlier and it will. Having an endrocrinologst involved is a good idea.

I take a 'replacement dose' of cortisol (8mg prednisolone) and a 'replacement dose' of thyroxine (currently 82.5mg levothyroxine). I consider the lack of anteripr pituitary gland function to be a small price to pay for being one year NED.

MoiraM
            Participant

Hi Aaron

MoiraM
              Participant

Hi Aaron

MoiraM
                Participant

Hi Aaron

MoiraM
                  Participant

Hi Aaron

slh4448
                    Participant

I hope that is exactly what this means Aaron…that you're beating this!!!!!

Stacy

slh4448
                      Participant

Stacy

slh4448
                        Participant

Stacy

KAF
                          Participant

Hi Aaron – its karen again (your former schedule buddy)

not sure if you saw my post from your previous posting last week.  Some others chimed in with their experiences and a youtube link with some interesting info.  One person posted that even on the low-dose predinsone they were able to discontinue the yervoy and continue with the Opdivo.

I'm off also, on prednisone and being weaned down (currently on 10mg/day and going to 5mg/day starting tomorrow).  endo thinks is most likely permanent but if i can beat this cancer its a small price to pay I guess. 

KAF
                            Participant

not sure if you saw my post from your previous posting last week.  Some others chimed in with their experiences and a youtube link with some interesting info.  One person posted that even on the low-dose predinsone they were able to discontinue the yervoy and continue with the Opdivo.

I'm off also, on prednisone and being weaned down (currently on 10mg/day and going to 5mg/day starting tomorrow).  endo thinks is most likely permanent but if i can beat this cancer its a small price to pay I guess. 

KAF
                              Participant

Aaron
                                  Participant

Karen. They started me on 40 mg a day. I am low hormones across the board. The endocrinologist said I have Addison's disease  and the male version of menopause. 

Aaron
                                    Participant

Karen. They started me on 40 mg a day. I am low hormones across the board. The endocrinologist said I have Addison's disease  and the male version of menopause. 

KAF
                                      Participant

Aaron – They had me on 70 the first week (yeah. Super high dose) then 50. Earlier this week at 30 and now at 10.  Dropping to 5 hopefully by next week.  Personally I think it's too early to say you have addisons when it's so early and you are just starting the prednisone.  I would think they need to check your numbers again in a week or two after you've been on the prednisone a little while and things have settled down a bit.  Oddly enough, the lymph node, which was almost the size of a golf ball in June is barely detectable this week. Doc is hoping that it's doing the same to the melanoma on my liver.  I'm just trying to enjoy life, back to school shopping with my daughter and keeping calm until the next set of scans.  I'm keeping positive that my body had its fill of the drug and  that if prednisone and synthroid are part of my long term future – i'll take it!!!

KAF
                                        Participant

Aaron – They had me on 70 the first week (yeah. Super high dose) then 50. Earlier this week at 30 and now at 10.  Dropping to 5 hopefully by next week.  Personally I think it's too early to say you have addisons when it's so early and you are just starting the prednisone.  I would think they need to check your numbers again in a week or two after you've been on the prednisone a little while and things have settled down a bit.  Oddly enough, the lymph node, which was almost the size of a golf ball in June is barely detectable this week. Doc is hoping that it's doing the same to the melanoma on my liver.  I'm just trying to enjoy life, back to school shopping with my daughter and keeping calm until the next set of scans.  I'm keeping positive that my body had its fill of the drug and  that if prednisone and synthroid are part of my long term future – i'll take it!!!

KAF
                                          Participant

Aaron
                                            Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics