The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy Response Already?

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy Response Already?

Participant

My husband had his first round of Yervoy on Tuesday after carbo/taxol stopped working.  He felt fine yesterday and worked a long day.  Today, he was totally wiped out with fatigue just as he was on the second day after he had the chemo.  But, a tumor that popped up fast last week (to about 1/2" diameter) on his neck feels different today.  It feels softer and I really think it is a bit smaller.  Has anyone else had this fast of a response to yervoy?  I'm sure hoping the yervoy is kicking in already!

My husband had his first round of Yervoy on Tuesday after carbo/taxol stopped working.  He felt fine yesterday and worked a long day.  Today, he was totally wiped out with fatigue just as he was on the second day after he had the chemo.  But, a tumor that popped up fast last week (to about 1/2" diameter) on his neck feels different today.  It feels softer and I really think it is a bit smaller.  Has anyone else had this fast of a response to yervoy?  I'm sure hoping the yervoy is kicking in already!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Ali
        Participant

I had all sorts of tumors shrinking my first week on Yervoy.  I got very sick at the same time.  Hope this is what's happening with him!  I am still responding to one dose of Yervoy (combined with Temodar) 8 months later.  Keep us updated.

Ali
          Participant

I had all sorts of tumors shrinking my first week on Yervoy.  I got very sick at the same time.  Hope this is what's happening with him!  I am still responding to one dose of Yervoy (combined with Temodar) 8 months later.  Keep us updated.

Ali
            Participant

Josh
              Participant

At the time I started taking Yervoy, I was essentially bedridden and had a laundry list of symptoms. Within that first week almost all of my symptoms disappeared. My doctors said that my fast response was uncommon, but not unheard of. Hopefully your husband is having a similar response. Best of luck!

Josh

Josh
                Participant

At the time I started taking Yervoy, I was essentially bedridden and had a laundry list of symptoms. Within that first week almost all of my symptoms disappeared. My doctors said that my fast response was uncommon, but not unheard of. Hopefully your husband is having a similar response. Best of luck!

Josh

Josh
                  Participant

Josh

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics