The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy Rash?

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy Rash?

Participant

Hi all. I am currently participating in the ipi/placebo trial at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in NYC. I have developed this rash recently and it's covering a large portion of my body now. Because I am in Virginia, I can't exactly slip to Sloan to have them check it. I have called, spoken to the new research nurse, and still have no answers. The rash does not itch but I don't know what else it could be from… In the months since I have been on this trial, I have only had a rash when I've felt sick. The rash does not bother me, it doesn't itch, it just exists.

Hi all. I am currently participating in the ipi/placebo trial at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in NYC. I have developed this rash recently and it's covering a large portion of my body now. Because I am in Virginia, I can't exactly slip to Sloan to have them check it. I have called, spoken to the new research nurse, and still have no answers. The rash does not itch but I don't know what else it could be from… In the months since I have been on this trial, I have only had a rash when I've felt sick. The rash does not bother me, it doesn't itch, it just exists. It's so strange. I haven't changed ANYTHING about my life…No new soaps, food, detergent,medicines, etc.

Sometimes I hate being on a trial with a newish drug because I don't know what to expect and what is or isn't normal.

I posted pictures of my rash last week.http://adventurewithmelanoma.blogspot.com/2012/03/beauty-marks.html

It has spread to more areas on my body now. Mostly on my stomach and legs. Like I said, it doesn't hurt. It is just THERE.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        audgator
        Participant

A rash was my only side effect from ipi. But boy did it itch; legs, arms and…uh…private area.

Dan

audgator
          Participant

A rash was my only side effect from ipi. But boy did it itch; legs, arms and…uh…private area.

Dan

audgator
            Participant

Dan

Gene_S
              Participant

My husband has had a rash off and on while on Yervoy.  Sometimes it is very itchy and other times not.  Sometimes he itches and there is no rash.  He is in the maintenance phase of the trial and he had his last infusion 11 weeks ago and is still itching this time.  No rhyme or reason.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV)

Gene_S
                Participant

My husband has had a rash off and on while on Yervoy.  Sometimes it is very itchy and other times not.  Sometimes he itches and there is no rash.  He is in the maintenance phase of the trial and he had his last infusion 11 weeks ago and is still itching this time.  No rhyme or reason.

Gene_S
                  Participant

Roxy1453
                    Participant
                      I had a rash too, also flakey. I used auquaphilic lotion and it helped a lot. It itched too, but maybe it will help. I took Benadryl.

Nancy

Roxy1453
                      Participant
                        I had a rash too, also flakey. I used auquaphilic lotion and it helped a lot. It itched too, but maybe it will help. I took Benadryl.

Nancy

Roxy1453
                        Participant

Nancy

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics