The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy / PD 1 trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy / PD 1 trial

Participant

Hello everyone

Is anyone on this trial at Yale or Sloan, or does anyone know how it is going?

Hello everyone

Is anyone on this trial at Yale or Sloan, or does anyone know how it is going?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        MariaH
        Participant

I don't know of anybody off hand, but I hope you get some replies.  We are looking to get Dave into this trial after he gets off of the steroids.

Best wishes,

Maria

NYKaren
            Participant

pushing this back to page 1—I'm sure this trial is of interest to many of us. I do know that both of my docs (one each @ both hospitals) are  involved in the trial and are quite enthusiastic about Anti PD1.

MariaH
              Participant

Thank you for that Karen.  It seems that with all the hype about the anti-pd1, there isn't alot of people out there on them.

MariaH
                Participant

Thank you for that Karen.  It seems that with all the hype about the anti-pd1, there isn't alot of people out there on them.

MariaH
                  Participant

NYKaren
                    Participant

I know, Maria.  How can doctors be so excited about a treatment that nobody seems to be on?  SOMEONE has to be doing the trials, right?

NYKaren
                      Participant

I know, Maria.  How can doctors be so excited about a treatment that nobody seems to be on?  SOMEONE has to be doing the trials, right?

NYKaren
                        Participant

NYKaren
                          Participant

pushing this back to page 1—I'm sure this trial is of interest to many of us. I do know that both of my docs (one each @ both hospitals) are  involved in the trial and are quite enthusiastic about Anti PD1.

NYKaren
                            Participant

MariaH
                            Participant

I don't know of anybody off hand, but I hope you get some replies.  We are looking to get Dave into this trial after he gets off of the steroids.

Best wishes,

Maria

MariaH
                              Participant

Best wishes,

Maria

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant

Things often get slow on the weekends.  Do rremember that you asked abut a specifi trial an specifi locations, not bout people that have tried or am  now trying PD-1 otherwise.  (I would like to hear more about the trial to.)

JerNYC
                                    Participant

I was on the anti-PD-1 trial until about a month ago when my scans showed quite a lot of progression.

I immediately went onto Ipi as my oncologist believed that such a course of action would be broadly equivalent to being on the combined trial, because anti-PD-1 stays on the receptors for some period of time quite longer than the blood half-life would indicate (I believe I was told 3-6 months). I had my second Ipi infusion last week.

Maybe (and this is just supposition) the reason for so little information out there on the combined trial are the tiny patient numbers involved. In my case I have had a number of questions about actual or likely side effects from the combination (if indeed what I'm doing can be deemed to be akin to the combo)  and the answer I generally get back is that the "n" is too small at this stage to draw conclusions. The only more specific piece of information I received concerned the ALC. When my ALC dipped last week (not at infusion time but a few days afterwards – I had to have extra bloodwork due to a separate complication) my Dr told me that they have observed some modulation of ALC in patients on the combined trial, and they believe it is the result of the anti-PD-1. He told me not to be concerned just yet.

From my perspective I feel like I am experiencing a greater number and/or intensity of side effects now than I was when I was on anti-PD-1. I guess it could also be symptoms of disease progression, but trying to stay optimistic for now that it is side effects.

J

JerNYC
                                      Participant

I was on the anti-PD-1 trial until about a month ago when my scans showed quite a lot of progression.

I immediately went onto Ipi as my oncologist believed that such a course of action would be broadly equivalent to being on the combined trial, because anti-PD-1 stays on the receptors for some period of time quite longer than the blood half-life would indicate (I believe I was told 3-6 months). I had my second Ipi infusion last week.

Maybe (and this is just supposition) the reason for so little information out there on the combined trial are the tiny patient numbers involved. In my case I have had a number of questions about actual or likely side effects from the combination (if indeed what I'm doing can be deemed to be akin to the combo)  and the answer I generally get back is that the "n" is too small at this stage to draw conclusions. The only more specific piece of information I received concerned the ALC. When my ALC dipped last week (not at infusion time but a few days afterwards – I had to have extra bloodwork due to a separate complication) my Dr told me that they have observed some modulation of ALC in patients on the combined trial, and they believe it is the result of the anti-PD-1. He told me not to be concerned just yet.

From my perspective I feel like I am experiencing a greater number and/or intensity of side effects now than I was when I was on anti-PD-1. I guess it could also be symptoms of disease progression, but trying to stay optimistic for now that it is side effects.

J

JerNYC
                                        Participant

J

JerryfromFauq
                                        Participant

Things often get slow on the weekends.  Do rremember that you asked abut a specifi trial an specifi locations, not bout people that have tried or am  now trying PD-1 otherwise.  (I would like to hear more about the trial to.)

JerryfromFauq
                                          Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics