The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy (ipi) 10mg/kg dose update 2nd infusion

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy (ipi) 10mg/kg dose update 2nd infusion

Participant

It has been over two weeks since my second infusion. My next one is on Monday, the 25th.

Not a lot different from the first infusion. Mostly just fatigue. Not that fatigue is easy, it's made it very difficult to work as much as I'd like to, since my job is very demanding. But, it's better than a lot of the other side effects. 

I noticed for about a week and a half after the second infusion that I had days where I wouldn't be hungry. Not that I was nauseous or anything, I just noticed that my usual (very active) appetite was not there. It's back this week, thankfully. My birthday is tomorrow and I'd really like to enjoy a nice dinner and some cake!

Of course, I stay realistic knowing that things could be very different after my third infusion, but, I will continue to think positive thoughts and hope for continued ease through the rest of my treatment.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Scooby123
        Participant

Glad your side effects are not  too bad for you, try and eat foods to help with tiredness . It is hard but you will do it.

All the best and loving your dog I have a cockapoo called Oscar he has been a god  sense too me when been on my own.

scooby❤️

Scooby123
          Participant

Glad your side effects are not  too bad for you, try and eat foods to help with tiredness . It is hard but you will do it.

All the best and loving your dog I have a cockapoo called Oscar he has been a god  sense too me when been on my own.

scooby❤️

jennunicorn
              Participant

Thanks Scooby! Yes, my dog Cooper, has been wonderful to have through all of this! He's on my lap right now as I type, he's always right by my side 🙂

jennunicorn
                Participant

Thanks Scooby! Yes, my dog Cooper, has been wonderful to have through all of this! He's on my lap right now as I type, he's always right by my side 🙂

jennunicorn
                  Participant

Scooby123
                  Participant

scooby❤️

jamieth29
                    Participant
                      Good news! Hope things keep going well for you.
                      jamieth29
                      Participant
                        jamieth29
                        Participant
                          jenny22
                          Participant

Good to hear things have been tolerable…..hoping that continues, and produces the best results!

keep us posted!

best,

jenny

jenny22
                            Participant

Good to hear things have been tolerable…..hoping that continues, and produces the best results!

keep us posted!

best,

jenny

jenny22
                              Participant

keep us posted!

best,

jenny

gregor913
                                Participant
                                  I hope to start my second treatment monday. I had to delay for one week because I contracted the adenovirus from my daughter when she was sick. It was times 10 and landed me in hospital for 5 days. Nothing to do with the yervoy.what I learned is where a mask in crowded places because we are more suspectable to germs and it takes are immune system longer to fight things off on yervoy. Finally feeling good and looking forward to monday. Good to hear ur treatment going well. Greg
                                  gregor913
                                  Participant
                                    I hope to start my second treatment monday. I had to delay for one week because I contracted the adenovirus from my daughter when she was sick. It was times 10 and landed me in hospital for 5 days. Nothing to do with the yervoy.what I learned is where a mask in crowded places because we are more suspectable to germs and it takes are immune system longer to fight things off on yervoy. Finally feeling good and looking forward to monday. Good to hear ur treatment going well. Greg
                                      jennunicorn
                                      Participant

So sorry to hear you got so sick Greg! I am glad you are feeling better now. I have been trying to be very careful about going to too many public places since it's that time of year that seems like everyone is sick. Hope you get to start your second treatment Monday. 

All the best,

Jenn

jennunicorn
                                        Participant

So sorry to hear you got so sick Greg! I am glad you are feeling better now. I have been trying to be very careful about going to too many public places since it's that time of year that seems like everyone is sick. Hope you get to start your second treatment Monday. 

All the best,

Jenn

jennunicorn
                                          Participant

All the best,

Jenn

gregor913
                                          Participant
                                            Stlmag
                                            Participant

Husband had to stop Yervoy after dose #1 due to grade 3 derm reaction.

Best of luck to you.

jennunicorn
                                                Participant

So sorry to hear that, I wish everyone could have an easy time during treatment. I hope the best for your husband.

jennunicorn
                                                  Participant

So sorry to hear that, I wish everyone could have an easy time during treatment. I hope the best for your husband.

jennunicorn
                                                    Participant

Stlmag
                                                    Participant

Best of luck to you.

Stlmag
                                                      Participant

Best of luck to you.

gregor913
                                                        Participant
                                                          Had second dose of yervoy yesterday. Feel good so far. Fingers crossed. I’m definitely alot more careful by wearing a mask anywhere I go. People stare but oh well I’m trying to get thru these treatments. I’ll keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the well wishes. Greg
                                                          gregor913
                                                          Participant
                                                            Had second dose of yervoy yesterday. Feel good so far. Fingers crossed. I’m definitely alot more careful by wearing a mask anywhere I go. People stare but oh well I’m trying to get thru these treatments. I’ll keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the well wishes. Greg
                                                            gregor913
                                                            Participant
                                                          Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.