The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy infusion reaction

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy infusion reaction

Participant

Hi all,

I was supposed to have my second infusion of 10mg Yervoy this past Friday, but ended up having an infusion reaction about 9-minutes into the session. I started to feel very flushed and had a difficult time breathing. Oddly enough, I didn't have any reaction to the first infusion 3-weeks ago.

Nursing staff stopped the infusion, gave me benadryl, hydrocortisone, oxygen, zantac, and started a saline drip in lieu of the Yervoy.

I fell asleep in the chair for about 30-minutes and felt better, then left and went back to work. The on-call doc (mine was out of office) didn't really say anything but said I would be following up with my doc on what the next step would be. 

Has anyone had this happen before? 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        MoiraM
        Participant

No one has replied, so I thought I would. No, that did not happen to me when I was on Yervoy (Ipi).

It sounds like an allergic reaction – it being on the second exposure fits with that.

MoiraM
          Participant

No one has replied, so I thought I would. No, that did not happen to me when I was on Yervoy (Ipi).

It sounds like an allergic reaction – it being on the second exposure fits with that.

Aaron
              Participant

I had a reaction similar to yours. I also broke out in hives. 

Aaron
                Participant

Aaron
                  Participant

MoiraM
                  Participant

slh4448
                    Participant

I had my second 10mg infusion of Yervoy today. Last Thursday would've been exactly three weeks since my first but I was out of town at a sales meeting so I had my second today. I guess so far, so good, but it's only been two hours since I left the facility. I do however feel this random tingling feeling at different parts of my body, nt all at the same time….kinda wondering if it's a prelude to a rash??? It's not terrible (at least yet) and I'm not scratching much at all.

slh4448
                      Participant

I had my second 10mg infusion of Yervoy today. Last Thursday would've been exactly three weeks since my first but I was out of town at a sales meeting so I had my second today. I guess so far, so good, but it's only been two hours since I left the facility. I do however feel this random tingling feeling at different parts of my body, nt all at the same time….kinda wondering if it's a prelude to a rash??? It's not terrible (at least yet) and I'm not scratching much at all.

slh4448
                        Participant

Aaron
                          Participant

Mine was actually hives that followed a warm sensation in the ears. The feeling was very similar to when you have contrast added during a scan. They gave me benedryl etc.  

Aaron
                            Participant

Mine was actually hives that followed a warm sensation in the ears. The feeling was very similar to when you have contrast added during a scan. They gave me benedryl etc.  

Aaron
                              Participant

youngann
                                Participant

I get an infusion of Benedry my Ipi infusion even starts.

youngann
                                  Participant

slh4448
                                      Participant

Ann…I've not heard of this. So you get an infusion of Benadryl before every IPI infusion, is that correct? If so, how long does that take and does it help you? Also, how many IPI infusions have you had? Thanks!! Stacy

slh4448
                                        Participant

Ann…I've not heard of this. So you get an infusion of Benadryl before every IPI infusion, is that correct? If so, how long does that take and does it help you? Also, how many IPI infusions have you had? Thanks!! Stacy

slh4448
                                          Participant

youngann
                                          Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics