The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy – Dizzy & Stomach Upset

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy – Dizzy & Stomach Upset

Participant

I'm due for my third round of ipi next Wednesday. The closer I get to being done this treatment, the sooner I'll know if it's been working and or continues to work.

I'm due for my third round of ipi next Wednesday. The closer I get to being done this treatment, the sooner I'll know if it's been working and or continues to work.

Today I started to feel a bit dizzy. Not at all the time – just waves from time to time. I also have an upset stomach – lots of stomach gas that rises up and makes me feel a bit nauseus.  Has anyone experienced this before??  I've also been experiencing acid reflux and burning in my chest which I also had with dacarbazine.  I've always had a bad stomach before cancer, but these treatments have made them worse! 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated so I don't feel alone in these symptoms.

Lisa – Stage 4

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Napa K
        Participant

Yep, upset stomach, sore/tender upper abdomen just under ribs, nausea, gas/bloating—started between round 3/4 and is still going one month after 4.  They insist it isn't related but I think  it must be. Liver/pancreatic blood panels are fine so not sure what it is.  More tests this week.

Napa K
          Participant

Yep, upset stomach, sore/tender upper abdomen just under ribs, nausea, gas/bloating—started between round 3/4 and is still going one month after 4.  They insist it isn't related but I think  it must be. Liver/pancreatic blood panels are fine so not sure what it is.  More tests this week.

mclaus23
            Participant

Hi Lisa,

My father is due to start his 3rd round of ipi on Wednesday..He too is experiencing odd abdominal pains. He describes it as if there is some activity going on he just cant pin point it. He also is fatigued and has had some night sweats and chills.

we will be thinking about you during your next treatment and will be saying prayers!

Maggie

mclaus23
              Participant

Hi Lisa,

My father is due to start his 3rd round of ipi on Wednesday..He too is experiencing odd abdominal pains. He describes it as if there is some activity going on he just cant pin point it. He also is fatigued and has had some night sweats and chills.

we will be thinking about you during your next treatment and will be saying prayers!

Maggie

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics