The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy and scan

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy and scan

Participant
      After I finished Yervoy treatment, my scan showed that most of my nodules in my lung shrank, but not totally. Two months after I had a scan, saw my oncologist. He said scan is stable, good news. Nothing new showed up, and nothing grew bigger,looks the same as last time. I was hoping
      I wiill.be NED this time, but I am stable.I was a little.disappointed,but anyway I should be happy that it is stable.
      What is opinion of you guys on the board who had treatment with Yervoy?
      Thanks,
      Liberty
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Scooby123
        Participant

Hi  Liberty I have just completed ippi and just had scans all my tumours have reduced by half in size. Good result I was told not sure if by next scan any more reduction hoping so but stable would be nice . My scan is in 4 weeks again to check any changes. So glad for you ippi is my first treatment from my surgery in 2011.

scooby123

liberty04281
            Participant
              Hi Scooby123, would you let me know about your next scan results. So, your opinion is stable is good
              Tanks,
              Liberty
              liberty04281
              Participant
                Ippi is almost my first treatment.
                Scooby123
                Participant

There is new treatments out now which seem to have good results too. I am Braf negative so ippi was my first line of tratment my consultant applied for PD1 for me if ippi was not successful, hoping ippi works for a long time. I live in Uk and some guys on here there consultants do surgery and remove tumours once reduced or do just surgery to remove them. I would love it if my consultant would say we are going to remove them but I think tratment now works all areas so they feel it's best to use immunatherapy tratments to attack it all. I love to be stable as long as possible if I am stable on next scans was going to consider if I can do a trial to see if I can get rest. Of mel away and be NED wishfull thinking one step at a time just happy ippi done something for me .

Will let you know how I am and please you too . Keep up the good fight , you take care

Scooby123

liberty04281
                  Participant
                    Thank you, I will inform you about results of my next scan. It will be beginning of October.
                    Thanks,
                    Liberty
                    liberty04281
                    Participant
                      Thank you, I will inform you about results of my next scan. It will be beginning of October.
                      Thanks,
                      Liberty
                      liberty04281
                      Participant
                        Thanks,
                        Liberty
                        Scooby123
                        Participant

There is new treatments out now which seem to have good results too. I am Braf negative so ippi was my first line of tratment my consultant applied for PD1 for me if ippi was not successful, hoping ippi works for a long time. I live in Uk and some guys on here there consultants do surgery and remove tumours once reduced or do just surgery to remove them. I would love it if my consultant would say we are going to remove them but I think tratment now works all areas so they feel it's best to use immunatherapy tratments to attack it all. I love to be stable as long as possible if I am stable on next scans was going to consider if I can do a trial to see if I can get rest. Of mel away and be NED wishfull thinking one step at a time just happy ippi done something for me .

Will let you know how I am and please you too . Keep up the good fight , you take care

Scooby123

Scooby123
                          Participant

Scooby123

liberty04281
                            Participant
                              liberty04281
                              Participant
                                liberty04281
                                Participant
                                  Hi Scooby123, would you let me know about your next scan results. So, your opinion is stable is good
                                  Tanks,
                                  Liberty
                                  liberty04281
                                  Participant
                                    Tanks,
                                    Liberty
                                  Scooby123
                                  Participant

Hi  Liberty I have just completed ippi and just had scans all my tumours have reduced by half in size. Good result I was told not sure if by next scan any more reduction hoping so but stable would be nice . My scan is in 4 weeks again to check any changes. So glad for you ippi is my first treatment from my surgery in 2011.

scooby123

Scooby123
                                    Participant

scooby123

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics