The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy and elevated eye pressure

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy and elevated eye pressure

Participant
      My husband is on ECOG 1609 trial 10mg Yervoy. Due to colitis he was pulled from any more Yervoy, however, he is now experiencing eye issues with elevated pressures in both eyes. Per the doc it May be the beginning stages of glaucoma. Unusual for his age. Has anyone else experienced eye issues as a side effect of Yervoy?

My husband is on ECOG 1609 trial 10mg Yervoy. Due to colitis he was pulled from any more Yervoy, however, he is now experiencing eye issues with elevated pressures in both eyes. Per the doc it May be the beginning stages of glaucoma. Unusual for his age. Has anyone else experienced eye issues as a side effect of Yervoy?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

Vision problems are a known side effect of Yervoy. The product literature states: "blurred vision; double vision; other vision problems; or eye pain or redness" are reasons to contact your doctor. I have heard of people here having eye problems like uvitis or glaucome while on Yervoy. Not a lot of patients have these problems, but certainly some. do

Be sure that your oncologist is very experienced and knowledgeable about how to treat Yervoy side effects. And if your husband is have any eye issues, he should go to an opthamologist, preferably one who is also experienced with Yervoy. If you can't find one (i.e. if your oncologist can't recommend an opthmologist) bring the Yervoy information packet with you when you go for the eye exam.

POW
          Participant

Vision problems are a known side effect of Yervoy. The product literature states: "blurred vision; double vision; other vision problems; or eye pain or redness" are reasons to contact your doctor. I have heard of people here having eye problems like uvitis or glaucome while on Yervoy. Not a lot of patients have these problems, but certainly some. do

Be sure that your oncologist is very experienced and knowledgeable about how to treat Yervoy side effects. And if your husband is have any eye issues, he should go to an opthamologist, preferably one who is also experienced with Yervoy. If you can't find one (i.e. if your oncologist can't recommend an opthmologist) bring the Yervoy information packet with you when you go for the eye exam.

POW
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics