The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yer boy/Opdivo fatigue?

Forums General Melanoma Community Yer boy/Opdivo fatigue?

Participant

I’ve had 3 rounds of Yervoy/Opdivo so far and will complete the Yervoy in a couple days so then I will only be on the Opdivo every 3-4 weeks.  I began having extreme fatigue a little after my 3rd round of the combo. I was just wondering   if anyone noticed more energy after completing the 4th and final dose of Yervoy/Opdivo combo and just continuing on with Opdivo? 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        danny201819
        Participant

Hi, Is your melanoma mucosal ? I am diagnosed with vaginal melanoma with mets to groin lymph node. I am going to start in a trial with Ipi/Keytruda and aspriin in 2 weeks. Please keep us posted on your progress. Good luck.

ed williams
            Participant

Hi danny201819, I noticed on one of your posts you asked a question about cost to a person posting about diet. If you go back and look at the dates of the original post it was 2015 and the person that you asked a question of posted 3 years later and was trying to sell shit to melanoma patients. It happens and it is sad but companies trying to rip off cancer patients and  post stupid shit like what you read and responded to. Please be careful taking advice from alternative medicine web sites!!! Ed

Bubbles
            Participant

Hi Misty,

Good for you!  Completing three rounds of the combo is not for sissies!!!  I did not take the combo personally (did 2 1/2 years of nivo [opdivo] alone from 2010 -2013 and remain NED for melanoma) but can tell you that ipi [yervoy] is certainly the bad boy of side effects.  Fatigue is common with Opdivo as a single agent, but yervoy makes it worse and effects are cumulative.  Still, per the research and peeps reporting here, you should see some gradual improvement in your side effects once you are finished with Yervoy.  I'm sure others with more personal experience will chime in.  I wish you my best.  celeste

MichelleRHG
              Participant
                I had 4 rounds of the combo and the fatigue was much, much better once I started the Opdivo alone. Good luck!
            Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics