The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Worsening bilateral iliopsoas bursitis

Forums General Melanoma Community Worsening bilateral iliopsoas bursitis

Participant

"Worsening bilateral iliopsoas bursitis".  When this is the worst thing on your scan report as a Stage IV patient, life is good.  I'm very grateful, fortunate, blessed, etc.  I've never considered my story to be inspiring, but for those newly-diagnosed and seeking hope–look back at my posts starting in August 2013.  I am pleased to report (and hopefully not jinxing myself) that I've been stable for over 3 years of my now 5-year Stage IV experience–which has involved most FDA-approved treatments, SRS and back-to-back craniotomies.  I'm reminded daily of my melanoma–but through arthritis/joint pain.  As reminders go, I'll take it.  Five years of raising my kids when I wasn't sure if I had 5 months (at diagnosis).  Cancer patient, currently surviving.  Have a great holiday weekend.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        AshleyS
        Participant

Congrats, Mat! I’m so happy for you and your family. I still remember you being one of the first folks to reach out to me. You were an inspiration then, too! Keep on keeping on! 

Ashley

khubes
          Participant

Mat, thank you so much for the update.  So good to hear that you're doing well and that bursitis is the worst thing on your scan. 😉 I rarely post on here anymore (I read often!) because I'm afraid to jinx our good luck (silly, I know), but it really is so good to hear you are doing so well.  Your story is very similar to my husband's, so it's very encouraging to hear life is fine on your side.  🙂  Here's to continued good scans and living life!! Wishing you and your family a fantastic holiday weekend. 

marta010
            Participant

Mat – love hearing your update as your story is similar to my husband's.  He was diagnosed Stage IV in 2012 and we, too, thought he had only a few months to live.  He's now 6+ years after diagnosis –  a blessing we never exoected!  He's had more than his fair share of tough days but is also "currently surviving"!  Enjoy the long weekend!

Ann

BrianP
              Participant

Great post Mat.  I'll add to the Labor Day Weekend feel good post.  Coming up quick on my 7 year stage III aniversay and just passed my 5 year stage IV anniversary in April.  Similar to your story when I was diagnosed 7 years ago I remember looking at my 1 year old son in his crib as he slept and wondering if he would even have any memory of his Dad.  Now that 1 year old is 8 and I'm making memories with him everyday.  It's been an incredible ride that hopefully has many more years to go.  Enjoy the weekend. 

Brian

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics