The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

worried about bone mets

Forums General Melanoma Community worried about bone mets

Participant

hi,

hi,

Have had an achy section in my thigh, near where a melanoma was surgically removed for a couple of weeks…thought it might be a pulled muscle. It just feels weird there. I did bring up with my oncologist Wednesday that I was having some new sub-q's, but didnt specifically show him that spot of my thigh which feels weird. Now I just had a bone scan right before the Ipi started and I just had round two, so the bone scan was in November. It was clear, no sign of bone mets. They couldnt develop ths fast so that I had symptoms could they?? Just need some reassurance if there is any to be given!!

Thanks,

Vermont_Donna

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Donna,

I've had some issues with my tailbone and had an x-ray (this was about a year ago), they saw a spot and took a closer look – thankfully was just a bruise. During that time I questioned an orthapeadist  (I e-mail with his wife). He told me that usually bones will show up on a scan before you have any symptoms. Since you just had a scan that was clear hopefully that means you wouldn't be having symptoms for something that wasn't showing then. 

I hope the ippi is helping!!!!

Linda

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Thanks,

That is encouraging to hear! I tried all day to remember just when I felt these weird feelings like a pulled muscle or achy pain, and finally remembered that I got the wound vac put on and two days later a home health nurse came to change it….It was his first visit and he didnt know my wounds at all, so the best place to work was my bed.  I laid on the bed for like 2 and 1/2 hours sort of half sitting up so I could talk to him and watch what he was doing and I remember feeling some pulled muscles in several spots. it was after this session that I felt the achy sensation and it is still lingering. I have that date written down in my appt book so I can look it up and give my oncologist the time frame and the context around noticing this pain.

Thank you for writing Linda, my anxiety did go down a notch just reading your post!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Thanks,

That is encouraging to hear! I tried all day to remember just when I felt these weird feelings like a pulled muscle or achy pain, and finally remembered that I got the wound vac put on and two days later a home health nurse came to change it….It was his first visit and he didnt know my wounds at all, so the best place to work was my bed.  I laid on the bed for like 2 and 1/2 hours sort of half sitting up so I could talk to him and watch what he was doing and I remember feeling some pulled muscles in several spots. it was after this session that I felt the achy sensation and it is still lingering. I have that date written down in my appt book so I can look it up and give my oncologist the time frame and the context around noticing this pain.

Thank you for writing Linda, my anxiety did go down a notch just reading your post!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

lhaley
              Participant

Donna,

I've had some issues with my tailbone and had an x-ray (this was about a year ago), they saw a spot and took a closer look – thankfully was just a bruise. During that time I questioned an orthapeadist  (I e-mail with his wife). He told me that usually bones will show up on a scan before you have any symptoms. Since you just had a scan that was clear hopefully that means you wouldn't be having symptoms for something that wasn't showing then. 

I hope the ippi is helping!!!!

Linda

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics