The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Worried about a liver spot seen on CT scan

Forums General Melanoma Community Worried about a liver spot seen on CT scan

Participant

I had a CT scan after almost 3 years of clean scans and there is a spot on my liver.  I had a PET scan done last week  and waiting for the results…and very worried.  Any one had liver surgery?

I had a CT scan after almost 3 years of clean scans and there is a spot on my liver.  I had a PET scan done last week  and waiting for the results…and very worried.  Any one had liver surgery?

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Rocklove
        Participant

King has had liver surgery. Sorry you are having to worry. It's certainly not a good feeling.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Rocklove
          Participant

King has had liver surgery. Sorry you are having to worry. It's certainly not a good feeling.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

2atlascedars
            Participant
              In the spirit of remaining positive…my mother recently had multiple spots on her liver in a CT scan (during 6-month follow-up for colon cancer). They had her do an MRI afterwards, and it was determined to be just a fatty liver. I have also heard some on this site with similar false readings due to fatty liver.

Stay positive, it could still be nothing!

Mark (Stage 2A) from California

2atlascedars
              Participant
                In the spirit of remaining positive…my mother recently had multiple spots on her liver in a CT scan (during 6-month follow-up for colon cancer). They had her do an MRI afterwards, and it was determined to be just a fatty liver. I have also heard some on this site with similar false readings due to fatty liver.

Stay positive, it could still be nothing!

Mark (Stage 2A) from California

Carrie
                Participant

My mom (who is stage IIIB) had a spot show up on her liver a couple of years ago after a year of clean scans.  Her oncologist was originally going to do a needle biopsy, but the lesion was in a bad spot, so they opted for surgery instead.  The lesion ended up being benign!  I think it was a hemangioma, if I'm not mistaken.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Carrie

Mom stage IIIB (4 melanoma primaries, intransit mets)

Sister stage IA (2 melanoma primaries)

Carrie
                  Participant

My mom (who is stage IIIB) had a spot show up on her liver a couple of years ago after a year of clean scans.  Her oncologist was originally going to do a needle biopsy, but the lesion was in a bad spot, so they opted for surgery instead.  The lesion ended up being benign!  I think it was a hemangioma, if I'm not mistaken.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Carrie

Mom stage IIIB (4 melanoma primaries, intransit mets)

Sister stage IA (2 melanoma primaries)

Frannie55
                    Participant

I had 4 small mets in my liver. They were removed by burning them out with Radio Frequency Ablation. I was not a candidate for surgery because they were in 4 different areas of my liver. This was done in March and my last scan in October showed that the mets are gone and I am NED. I hope you will be able to have yours removed in this manner. I just needed about three weeks of recovery time and I was back to work.

Good luck to you.

Frannie55
                      Participant

I had 4 small mets in my liver. They were removed by burning them out with Radio Frequency Ablation. I was not a candidate for surgery because they were in 4 different areas of my liver. This was done in March and my last scan in October showed that the mets are gone and I am NED. I hope you will be able to have yours removed in this manner. I just needed about three weeks of recovery time and I was back to work.

Good luck to you.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics