The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Wondering about LibbyinVA

Forums General Melanoma Community Wondering about LibbyinVA

Participant

Hi all-

In an effort to remain hopeful i know many of  rely on this site for good news and long term survivor stories….

I was readiing about LibbyinVa, who appeared to be one of these, with 7 years NED at Stage IIIB….I sent her a message and have not received any repsonse….and the last post from her was in Sept. 2014.

I am hoping she is out living her life, but wondered if anyone had heard from her…..

LIBBYINVA, if you are out there, let us know you are OK.  Would love to communicate with you.

Thanks and best,

jenny

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        LibbyinVA
        Participant

Hi, Jenny! How nice of you to think about me. I am sooo sorry for this ridiculously late reply. Somehow I lost my password for this site and it took me a little time to resolve the issue.

Happy, no THRILLED, to report that I am still NED, pending a PET scan later this month. I do not expect to lose my NED status and neither does my doctor. Just had my full body skin check last month and got an all clear for the first time…not even any suspicious areas to watch.

So your hopes were spot on…I am living my life with much hope and joy!

I would love to hear from anyone and promise to take a more active role here now that I can login with ease!

Thanks again and take care!  heart

jenny22
            Participant

OH, i AM SOOOOO happy to see your reply….and and even more thrilled to hear your are still NED.  I believe you were at one time a patient of Dr. Pavlicks, as I am …..

I am in the midst of a 2nd recurrence, and about to start radiation for local control…still working on possible systemic treatment, but currently NED after more surgery.

Stage 3B is a scary place…..

Just happy to see you are doing great!

tks,

jenny

LibbyinVA
              Participant

Again, I apologize for my late reply, Jenny. I am a patient of Anna Pavlick and firmly believe the vaccine trial in which I participated saved my life…no hard data, just my opinion. So good to hear you remain in the NED Club and yes, Stage IIIb is a scary place. I have been that stage and NED for almost 10-years…that should give you lots of hope. You are in great hands with Dr Pavlick. Just wondering if she has any clinical trials you could consider. Be well and know that I am pulling for you. Let me know if I can help!

Libby

LibbyinVA
                Participant

Again, I apologize for my late reply, Jenny. I am a patient of Anna Pavlick and firmly believe the vaccine trial in which I participated saved my life…no hard data, just my opinion. So good to hear you remain in the NED Club and yes, Stage IIIb is a scary place. I have been that stage and NED for almost 10-years…that should give you lots of hope. You are in great hands with Dr Pavlick. Just wondering if she has any clinical trials you could consider. Be well and know that I am pulling for you. Let me know if I can help!

Libby

LibbyinVA
                  Participant

Libby

jenny22
                    Participant

OH, i AM SOOOOO happy to see your reply….and and even more thrilled to hear your are still NED.  I believe you were at one time a patient of Dr. Pavlicks, as I am …..

I am in the midst of a 2nd recurrence, and about to start radiation for local control…still working on possible systemic treatment, but currently NED after more surgery.

tks,

jenny

jenny22
                      Participant

tks,

jenny

LibbyinVA
                      Participant

Hi, Jenny! How nice of you to think about me. I am sooo sorry for this ridiculously late reply. Somehow I lost my password for this site and it took me a little time to resolve the issue.

Happy, no THRILLED, to report that I am still NED, pending a PET scan later this month. I do not expect to lose my NED status and neither does my doctor. Just had my full body skin check last month and got an all clear for the first time…not even any suspicious areas to watch.

I would love to hear from anyone and promise to take a more active role here now that I can login with ease!

LibbyinVA
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics