The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WLE webspace between toes

Forums General Melanoma Community WLE webspace between toes

Participant

I'm a 39 year old who was recently diagnosed with melanoma. a couple days ago I had a wide local excision between my 3rd and 4th toe and a skin graft.  I was sent home and told I didn't need a boot or crutches.  I was able to put weight on my heel post op but I think that's because the local anesthesia was still in effect. By yesterday I had to crawl to the bathroom. My husband went and bought me crutches to help.  My doctor advised me to keep my foot up as much as possible however I don't see how anything else is possible. My foot throbs whenever it's not elevated. 

I am wondering if anyone on this board has had this surgery and advice for what to expect.  My doctor made it seem like 7-10 days before I could resume normal activities but 3 days in with no improvement has me a little discouraged. 

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        CynthiaLee
        Participant
          I think you should call about the pain, my WLE was behind my ear and in the fold between ear and scull. I only had excruciating pain when it became infected even though we were following all the cleaning and caring for instructions.
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics