The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WLE results good news.

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community WLE results good news.

Participant

I had my WLE results appointment on Wednesday and it was good news. I posted both my path reports below. I finally got a copy of my original shave biopsy as well. Thank you to everyone who answered my questions these past 2 months.

I had my full body check up last week to and they want to do 5 more biopsy's. I talked with my surgeon and she said that instead of my dermatologist doing shaves, she will do them from here on in and do punches. So I will have 3 biopsy's done on March 4th and then the other 2 later. In Ontario, our healthcare will only allow them to do 3 at a time apparently. I will be seeing both a derm and my surgeon for my 3 month check ups.

Ultrasound appointment is Tuesday for the results of my lymph nodes. The guy said they just look like lymph nodes. The surgeon also checked and she said that they just feel reactive. Everyone was right. Thanks! I am healing nicely now and bruising is almost gone. She took the tape off and you can barely tell it is there.

So we are done with this spot and on to the others. Lets hope they are just little dark ugly moles.
      —————————————————————————————-

Specimen

A. Skin – LT BUTTOCK LESION

CLINICAL HISTORY

MELANOMA

Gross Description

The specimen is received in formalin in one part.

Part A is labelled with patient identifiers only and consists of an ellipse of skin and subcutaneous tissue measuring 3.5 x 2.2 x 2.3cm, in the center of the surface is a wrinkled slightly concave gray tan oval area measuring approximately 1.3 x 1 cm, coming to within 0.4cm of the closet margin. Marker with silver nitrate, serially sectioned and all submitted in blocks A1-A11. Ic

Final diagnosis

A. Skin left buttock, excision:
      -Skin with underlying dermal scar and biopsy site changes
      -Negative for Residual in Situ or Invasive Melanoma
      ——————————————————————————————-

She got it all in the shave biopsy!

I did get a copy of the original biopsy report which I wrote out below. I don't know what any of it really means. Thanks to Janner for helping out before with staging for me.

——————————————————————————————–

Specimen Submitted: Skin, Left Thigh

Sur-Path Level 4

Micro Examination:

This biopsy is cut in three sections and submitted in TOTO. The epidermis shows elongation of the RETE ridges and there is prominent proliferation of nests and single large epithelioid atypical pigmented melanocytes along the dermal epidermal junction and there is upward migration of single melanocytes noted in focal areas. The cells have large necleus and prominent necleolus and there is invasion of the papillary dermis by some nests of atypical melanocytes with dense infiltrate of melanophages and some lymphocytes. The appearance is compatible with superficial spearding melanoma, Level 2 invasion. The vertical height is 0.47mm with no ulceration. The mitotic index is one mitosis per one MM squared.

Diagnosis: Superficial spreading malignant melanoma, Level 2 invasion. The vertical height is 0.47mm with no ulceration- not excised.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jahendry12
        Participant

That's great news Yvonne!  You can rest easier now that you have some answers.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Yvonne.D
            Participant

Thanks jahendry12. I am definitely resting easier..

Yvonne.D
              Participant

Yvonne.D
                Participant

Jahendry12
                Participant

Jahendry12
                  Participant

hbecker
                    Participant

Thanks for the good news!!

Hazel

Yvonne.D
                        Participant

I was so glad I could write these words! Thanks Hazel!

Yvonne.D
                          Participant

Yvonne.D
                            Participant

hbecker
                            Participant

Hazel

hbecker
                              Participant

Hazel

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics