The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Wife starts Abraxane today

Forums General Melanoma Community Wife starts Abraxane today

Participant

A new chemo regimen for her. She's pretty beat up from her recent gammaknife treatment for the five brain tumors and the removal of the golf ball size tumor on her arm. But she knows she needs to try this. She's not thrilled about the upcoming hair loss to say the least. But if this treatment buys some time and gets her through the holidays she will be happy. Supposedly it is not as side effect laden as more typical chemo treatments – fatigue and hair loss being the notable side effects.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/170168.php

A new chemo regimen for her. She's pretty beat up from her recent gammaknife treatment for the five brain tumors and the removal of the golf ball size tumor on her arm. But she knows she needs to try this. She's not thrilled about the upcoming hair loss to say the least. But if this treatment buys some time and gets her through the holidays she will be happy. Supposedly it is not as side effect laden as more typical chemo treatments – fatigue and hair loss being the notable side effects.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/170168.php

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        TracyLee
        Participant

Praying for a solid response, with low/no side effects. I can relate to her hair issues. We all have our "I can't take this one last thing" point, I'm praying for rest and peace for you both.

It's nice your sons are staying close to home, it's obvious you are a tight knit family. Time is the one thing we all cherish the most, once melanoma joins the family.

TracyLee

TracyLee
          Participant

Praying for a solid response, with low/no side effects. I can relate to her hair issues. We all have our "I can't take this one last thing" point, I'm praying for rest and peace for you both.

It's nice your sons are staying close to home, it's obvious you are a tight knit family. Time is the one thing we all cherish the most, once melanoma joins the family.

TracyLee

TracyLee
            Participant

TracyLee

mombase
              Participant

Dear Nick,

Please give big hugs to your beautiful wife! I am praying that abraxane will do its stuff..

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                Participant

Dear Nick,

Please give big hugs to your beautiful wife! I am praying that abraxane will do its stuff..

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                  Participant

Dear Nick,

Cristy, Stage IV

nickmac56
                    Participant

well, that was a different experience. She was was hooked up to her port and had the anti-nausea and extra steroid infusions and was about to start the chemo when our doc came up to the treatment center and pulled the plug. Her hematocrit numbers were too low. We wait ten days and get her checked again. It's puzzling as she has been off Temodar for 3 weeks. Low probability that her recent radiation or surgery caused it. Could be a sign of advancing cancer in bone marrow or liver. Not a happy thought. 

nickmac56
                      Participant

well, that was a different experience. She was was hooked up to her port and had the anti-nausea and extra steroid infusions and was about to start the chemo when our doc came up to the treatment center and pulled the plug. Her hematocrit numbers were too low. We wait ten days and get her checked again. It's puzzling as she has been off Temodar for 3 weeks. Low probability that her recent radiation or surgery caused it. Could be a sign of advancing cancer in bone marrow or liver. Not a happy thought. 

nickmac56
                        Participant

triciad
                          Participant

My heart is broken reading about everything your wife has been through.  Please know that you all are in my prayers, and I hope she will do well with the Abraxane.  I heard of a patient that had a lot of success with it…I hope your wife follows the same successful path!

Tricia

arnie and sherry
                              Participant

Hi  I am so very sorry to hear about your wife, my husband also stage four had 5brain mets did gamma knife has 2 left, he had gamma knife june 24, we live in san antonio, we went to md anderson for second opiniun they said there was not anything that they could really do for us, as far as chemo we are waiting to hear back from our regular doctor to see what he can do ,

arnie and sherry
                                Participant

Hi  I am so very sorry to hear about your wife, my husband also stage four had 5brain mets did gamma knife has 2 left, he had gamma knife june 24, we live in san antonio, we went to md anderson for second opiniun they said there was not anything that they could really do for us, as far as chemo we are waiting to hear back from our regular doctor to see what he can do ,

arnie and sherry
                                  Participant

triciad
                                  Participant

My heart is broken reading about everything your wife has been through.  Please know that you all are in my prayers, and I hope she will do well with the Abraxane.  I heard of a patient that had a lot of success with it…I hope your wife follows the same successful path!

Tricia

triciad
                                    Participant

Tricia

Hereiam
                                      Participant

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear about your wife!

Judging from the experience of my aunt (stage 3 melanoma, diagnosed in 2009), she was very worried about the side-effects caused by the chemo. Well, she combined chemo with medicine called Rigvir, cuz it helps to decrease the side-effects and improves life quality. It worked well for her.
                                        Maybe consider combining treatment methods in order to not only fight cancer, but also imrove the immune system and overal health level.

Praying for your wife`s recovery,

A

nickmac56
                                          Participant

Anonymous – would you please go away from this forum and stop trying to shill this scam med called Rigvir. It's either your old friend or your aunt who had cancer and it's so obvious you are a paid promoter of this  – so please just go away and stop preying on people who have this horrible disease. How can you sleep at night knowing your work is so devoid of meaning and purpose, and that it might cause harm?

nickmac56
                                            Participant

Anonymous – would you please go away from this forum and stop trying to shill this scam med called Rigvir. It's either your old friend or your aunt who had cancer and it's so obvious you are a paid promoter of this  – so please just go away and stop preying on people who have this horrible disease. How can you sleep at night knowing your work is so devoid of meaning and purpose, and that it might cause harm?

nickmac56
                                              Participant

Hereiam
                                              Participant

Hi,

Judging from the experience of my aunt (stage 3 melanoma, diagnosed in 2009), she was very worried about the side-effects caused by the chemo. Well, she combined chemo with medicine called Rigvir, cuz it helps to decrease the side-effects and improves life quality. It worked well for her.
                                                Maybe consider combining treatment methods in order to not only fight cancer, but also imrove the immune system and overal health level.

A

Hereiam
                                                Participant

Hi,

A

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics