The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

why was it deleted?

Forums General Melanoma Community why was it deleted?

Participant

I am just wondering why a short thread asking questions about a new Darkside blog was deleted. When I looked at it, all it contained was a brief discussion about how to sign out of it, who was hosting it, etc. I Then the next time I looked it was gone.

Why is that? There is still some discussion of it left in BG's Christmas thing, but if I remember correctly, there was a link to the new site in that thread. Also gone now, unless I am not finding it.

I am just wondering why a short thread asking questions about a new Darkside blog was deleted. When I looked at it, all it contained was a brief discussion about how to sign out of it, who was hosting it, etc. I Then the next time I looked it was gone.

Why is that? There is still some discussion of it left in BG's Christmas thing, but if I remember correctly, there was a link to the new site in that thread. Also gone now, unless I am not finding it.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gale
        Participant

I also was wondering the same thing…the Christmas thread is still there, but all posts pertaining to the new DS have been removed. Why is that?

Bonnie Lea
            Participant

I don't know either.  wondering also.

Bonnie

Bonnie Lea
              Participant

I don't know either.  wondering also.

Bonnie

Gale
              Participant

I also was wondering the same thing…the Christmas thread is still there, but all posts pertaining to the new DS have been removed. Why is that?

jag
                Participant

Maybe the powers that be want everybody to stay.  They secretly love the darksiders and are afraid that people might leave.

jag
                  Participant

Maybe the powers that be want everybody to stay.  They secretly love the darksiders and are afraid that people might leave.

jag
                      Participant

Then again, may be this board is run by the Obama administration and people shouldn't complain.  People should trust the ones making decisions for others and hand a little bit of their hard work , cash, and independent thinking over to them with confidence that they will make the right decisions.  I find it very comfortable to have people in control of this board, it is  a good thing, everybody feels very safe, and in the long run, will be much better off.   I am in favor of more regulation to be honest.  People like Bill, BG, Rox, and Yawn, need to be kept in line. 

jag
                        Participant

Then again, may be this board is run by the Obama administration and people shouldn't complain.  People should trust the ones making decisions for others and hand a little bit of their hard work , cash, and independent thinking over to them with confidence that they will make the right decisions.  I find it very comfortable to have people in control of this board, it is  a good thing, everybody feels very safe, and in the long run, will be much better off.   I am in favor of more regulation to be honest.  People like Bill, BG, Rox, and Yawn, need to be kept in line. 

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

when you say kept in line, do you mean clothes lines?  or like in toe the line, or in a chorus line? or front line, or line up? or maybe a bank line Oh I am soooo confused.  maybe I need a dark side too in my life. 

I am sure I would be put straight in line. or towed in line? maybe even taken to a line dancing class.

anne
                            Participant

What?

anne
                              Participant

What?

anne
                                Participant

What?

Bonnie Lea
                                  Participant

what was deleted what the link and why it was deleted I do not know.

Bonnie Lea
                                    Participant

what was deleted what the link and why it was deleted I do not know.

anne
                                      Participant

What?

Bonnie Lea
                                        Participant

when you say kept in line, do you mean clothes lines?  or like in toe the line, or in a chorus line? or front line, or line up? or maybe a bank line Oh I am soooo confused.  maybe I need a dark side too in my life. 

I am sure I would be put straight in line. or towed in line? maybe even taken to a line dancing class.

KyCyn
                                        Participant

A new dark side?  Oh, if only!!

I'll definitely check it out – Jocelyn, are you there?  And how are you?

It would be wonderful if BW, Dencolt, FH, etc… showed up… I was thinking of BW just the other day.

Cyn

Jocelyn
                                            Participant

Hi, Cyn. I am ok you? I have been watching  a lot of football. Was secretly happy to see the Patriots lose, but can't let anyone know. My nephew is a big Pats fan but lives in NY, so we walks on eggshells cheering them on.

Maybe someone will alert FH; I don't think he comes here anymore. Maybe they think it is obvious why they deleted it, but hardly obvious to me. I have visited the site, but I didn't sign in or post. Unlike the brave Fudd, I AM afraid to participate in a blog when I have no idea where it came from. Wish whoever created it would come out of the closet!

KyCyn
                                              Participant

I've been doing the football thing, too – that's why BW popped in my head, she's a  HUGE Patriots fan, and when they were knocked out of the running (which made me very happy 🙂 I really wished she was around so I could rub it in her face – ha!

I'll keep checking in to the DS blog and here and see what's going on.

Take care, Jocelyn!

Cyn

KyCyn
                                                Participant

I've been doing the football thing, too – that's why BW popped in my head, she's a  HUGE Patriots fan, and when they were knocked out of the running (which made me very happy 🙂 I really wished she was around so I could rub it in her face – ha!

I'll keep checking in to the DS blog and here and see what's going on.

Take care, Jocelyn!

Cyn

Jocelyn
                                                  Participant

Hi, Cyn. I am ok you? I have been watching  a lot of football. Was secretly happy to see the Patriots lose, but can't let anyone know. My nephew is a big Pats fan but lives in NY, so we walks on eggshells cheering them on.

Maybe someone will alert FH; I don't think he comes here anymore. Maybe they think it is obvious why they deleted it, but hardly obvious to me. I have visited the site, but I didn't sign in or post. Unlike the brave Fudd, I AM afraid to participate in a blog when I have no idea where it came from. Wish whoever created it would come out of the closet!

KyCyn
                                                  Participant

A new dark side?  Oh, if only!!

I'll definitely check it out – Jocelyn, are you there?  And how are you?

It would be wonderful if BW, Dencolt, FH, etc… showed up… I was thinking of BW just the other day.

Cyn

Tim–MRF

The original Dark Side site contained statements that were considered libelous and MRF was threatened with lawsuits because of that content.  For this reason, neither MRF nor MPIP can be associated with or be seen to promote a Dark Side site.

If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly:

Tim–MRF

[email protected]

Jocelyn
                                                        Participant

Thanks for responding, Tim. Makes sense; I can understand that. I won't post the link again.

Jocelyn
                                                          Participant

Thanks for responding, Tim. Makes sense; I can understand that. I won't post the link again.

Bonnie Lea
                                                            Participant

thanks for letting us know Tim.  I think personally it was a very mean small minded person, who said those threats when all they could have done was ignore and perhaps it would not have spilled over.  But I understand MRP stand on it.  Again thankyou and hope the 'person' responsible is not about anymore.

Bonnie Evans

Bonnie Lea
                                                              Participant

thanks for letting us know Tim.  I think personally it was a very mean small minded person, who said those threats when all they could have done was ignore and perhaps it would not have spilled over.  But I understand MRP stand on it.  Again thankyou and hope the 'person' responsible is not about anymore.

Bonnie Evans

Tim–MRF

The original Dark Side site contained statements that were considered libelous and MRF was threatened with lawsuits because of that content.  For this reason, neither MRF nor MPIP can be associated with or be seen to promote a Dark Side site.

If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly:

Tim–MRF

[email protected]

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics