The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Whoa! had to make sure I was at the right place.

Forums General Melanoma Community Whoa! had to make sure I was at the right place.

Participant

Things are a bit different since the last time I visited. Some of you may remember me. My name is Treg and this place made my life a whole lot easier back soon after I was diagnosed. I am approaching 6 years ned and other than the poor economy that has hit pretty hard in the Brooks household, life is amazing. My boys are growing like weeds (mind & body) and I celebrated my first wedding anniversary back in Aug.

I see many new names and some familiar names as well.

Things are a bit different since the last time I visited. Some of you may remember me. My name is Treg and this place made my life a whole lot easier back soon after I was diagnosed. I am approaching 6 years ned and other than the poor economy that has hit pretty hard in the Brooks household, life is amazing. My boys are growing like weeds (mind & body) and I celebrated my first wedding anniversary back in Aug.

I see many new names and some familiar names as well.

The one message I would have for newly diagnosed, there is much hope. Back in 2004 I felt powerless and lost. Thanks to the research where I gained the knowledge, the caring people here at mpip, my docs and the love of my boys, I was able to pull myself up and resume a normal life as a survivor.

Good luck to you all. Keep your spirits up. Say hey on Jan. 6, 2011. I will be celebrating 6 years.

Treg, stage 3…NED!

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        2atlascedars
        Participant
          Hi Treg,

Thanks for the post. I am one of the new-comers you referenced. It is great to hear a positive story of life returning to normal. Due to the aftermath of my WLE I am still recovering from an extensive skin grafting and reconstruction of my heel which included 3 weeks in the hospital and surgical rehab facility. I have been in a wheelchair for 5 weeks now and am looking forward to getting my life back together and getting on with it.

Happy holidays to you!

Mark (Stage 2A) from California

Treg
            Participant

Hi mark, sounds like you've seen better days. I had a graft done myself but because of a pretty bad burn at work.

Keep up the spirits and work toward your goal. mpip will always hold a special place for me, I hope it will for you as well.

Treg

Treg
              Participant

Hi mark, sounds like you've seen better days. I had a graft done myself but because of a pretty bad burn at work.

Keep up the spirits and work toward your goal. mpip will always hold a special place for me, I hope it will for you as well.

Treg

2atlascedars
              Participant
                Hi Treg,

Thanks for the post. I am one of the new-comers you referenced. It is great to hear a positive story of life returning to normal. Due to the aftermath of my WLE I am still recovering from an extensive skin grafting and reconstruction of my heel which included 3 weeks in the hospital and surgical rehab facility. I have been in a wheelchair for 5 weeks now and am looking forward to getting my life back together and getting on with it.

Happy holidays to you!

Mark (Stage 2A) from California

dian in spokane
                Participant

Hey Treg!

Good to see you! Congrats on your continued NED status!

dian in spokane

Vermont_Donna
                    Participant

Hi Treg,

Good to see you back. yes the format of MPIP is different but many of us are still here and many have passed away or moved on from the site. I myself remember your posts before. I am a four year melanoma patient, not NED, but doing IPI and just had my second round. I have had many treatments and NO treatment has gone well or easy! I am well known at my medical center now, lol.

Good luck to you and enjoy your family, watching them grwo up…it goes by so quickly!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a, many treatments, currently doing Ipi

Vermont_Donna
                      Participant

Hi Treg,

Good to see you back. yes the format of MPIP is different but many of us are still here and many have passed away or moved on from the site. I myself remember your posts before. I am a four year melanoma patient, not NED, but doing IPI and just had my second round. I have had many treatments and NO treatment has gone well or easy! I am well known at my medical center now, lol.

Good luck to you and enjoy your family, watching them grwo up…it goes by so quickly!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a, many treatments, currently doing Ipi

Treg
                        Participant

Hi Donna, I am so sorry for the fighters who did not make it and very happy for the ones who have…and like yourself, still fighting.

Best of luck with your treatments,

Treg

Treg
                          Participant

Hi Donna, I am so sorry for the fighters who did not make it and very happy for the ones who have…and like yourself, still fighting.

Best of luck with your treatments,

Treg

Treg
                            Participant

Hey there Dian, good to here from you and thank you. Hope all is well.

take care

Treg
                              Participant

take care

Treg
                                Participant

take care, Treg   ,,Treg

Treg
                                  Participant

take care, Treg   ,,Treg

dian in spokane
                                  Participant

Hey Treg!

Good to see you! Congrats on your continued NED status!

dian in spokane

ValinMtl
                                    Participant

Hi Treg,

Thanks for dropping by an telling us your story…always nice to hear that things do go well for some eventually.  Looking forward to celebrating like you, THAT"S 6 YEARS NED  YEEEAAAAHHH you go and enjoy your wife and family life.  Val, currently on compassionate ipi.

P.S.  one of our regulars Jim lives in Denver…have you ever met up?

ValinMtl
                                      Participant

Hi Treg,

Thanks for dropping by an telling us your story…always nice to hear that things do go well for some eventually.  Looking forward to celebrating like you, THAT"S 6 YEARS NED  YEEEAAAAHHH you go and enjoy your wife and family life.  Val, currently on compassionate ipi.

P.S.  one of our regulars Jim lives in Denver…have you ever met up?

Treg
                                          Participant

Hi Val, Congtrats on the ned. I have not met Jim but I did see his name on a couple of posts. Keep up the good fight.

Treg

ValinMtl
                                            Participant

oops…I was congratulating you on the NED…something I want to be one day…been battling this monster for 2 1/2 years.  Val

ValinMtl
                                              Participant

oops…I was congratulating you on the NED…something I want to be one day…been battling this monster for 2 1/2 years.  Val

Treg
                                                Participant

Hi Val, Congtrats on the ned. I have not met Jim but I did see his name on a couple of posts. Keep up the good fight.

Treg

DebbieH
                                                Participant

Welcome back, Treg and congratulations on 6 years NED AND your wedding anniversary! 

There IS much hope to be gained here.  When I was diagnoised back in 2001, stage IIIC, the ONLY hope I found was here, seeing other people at my stage doing well. 

Don't be such a stranger.  It always makes me nervous when people disappear from here.  Good luck to you, too, Treg.

DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED over 9 years

LynnLuc
                                                    Participant

Hi Treg, Guess I am new since you were here …I am stage 4 Melanoma NED 8 months….congrats on NED and anniversary!

LynnLuc
                                                      Participant

Hi Treg, Guess I am new since you were here …I am stage 4 Melanoma NED 8 months….congrats on NED and anniversary!

DebbieH
                                                      Participant

Welcome back, Treg and congratulations on 6 years NED AND your wedding anniversary! 

There IS much hope to be gained here.  When I was diagnoised back in 2001, stage IIIC, the ONLY hope I found was here, seeing other people at my stage doing well. 

Don't be such a stranger.  It always makes me nervous when people disappear from here.  Good luck to you, too, Treg.

DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED over 9 years

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics