The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Who is so cruel here? oh, you are Anon!

Forums General Melanoma Community Who is so cruel here? oh, you are Anon!

Participant

I know better, and I know I should wait before I post this.   I simply cannot believe that this anon person has gone so far as to report Jill's video of Eric to Youtube for adult viewing (as if kids would be looking for this).   I am seething and so angry I can't see straight.    Grrrrrrrr.   Really, REALLY?   Nothing better to do but harrass this couple?   SERIOUSLY?  At this point in time, burden Jill with this?  Now?  

I know better, and I know I should wait before I post this.   I simply cannot believe that this anon person has gone so far as to report Jill's video of Eric to Youtube for adult viewing (as if kids would be looking for this).   I am seething and so angry I can't see straight.    Grrrrrrrr.   Really, REALLY?   Nothing better to do but harrass this couple?   SERIOUSLY?  At this point in time, burden Jill with this?  Now?  

I am so shook up over this.   I wish there was a Darkside again.   Oh boy, maybe this person would be exposed and we could vent and vent about it.   I know this isn't how this forum operates or is intended for use.   But, again, I have to say I wish there was a DS so serious, foul-language, venting could be done.    This is so horrible and inexcusable.   I do know better, and should not give anymore credibility to anon.   I surely didn't want to fill that topic on the main board with my rant.  

Oh, I am SO SO angry I have to calm down.   I just can't believe anyone would be so mean and cruel.   And I don't think I've calmed down by typing this out.   Breathe in…..  exhale  slowly….. and think that there are many, many wonderful people who outnumber "this."   (… breathing now……)     Thanks for listening out there.

CarolA     

Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Replies
        nicoli
        Participant

But the problem is that we don't know who anon is. There are plenty of people who post anonymously, I would imagine. Is this one of them or is this some idiot who just posted anon today but usually uses a name?

I agree this is wrong.  Is there a way we can vote that person off of the site? I would think that would be a legitimate need / option in any forum.

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
          Participant

But the problem is that we don't know who anon is. There are plenty of people who post anonymously, I would imagine. Is this one of them or is this some idiot who just posted anon today but usually uses a name?

I agree this is wrong.  Is there a way we can vote that person off of the site? I would think that would be a legitimate need / option in any forum.

Nicki, Stage 3b

LV
            Participant

Yes, it's a travesty. There are some of us who think it could be one of the 'tanning salon trolls', who don't want anyone to see the 'darkside' (pun intended) of this ugly disease. After all, it's only a skin cancer, right?

I cannot think that anyone even remotely involved with mel would object to the posting of the video, especially as she completely posted warning signs, and put it on a link instead of coming right up in the post.

(Still, there should always be the ability to post anonymously. Of course it will be abused, but that just comes with the territory.)

LV
              Participant

Yes, it's a travesty. There are some of us who think it could be one of the 'tanning salon trolls', who don't want anyone to see the 'darkside' (pun intended) of this ugly disease. After all, it's only a skin cancer, right?

I cannot think that anyone even remotely involved with mel would object to the posting of the video, especially as she completely posted warning signs, and put it on a link instead of coming right up in the post.

(Still, there should always be the ability to post anonymously. Of course it will be abused, but that just comes with the territory.)

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

I think Tim Turnham did a great job of noting from the top level where Jills posting rates.  That Anon deserves no more of our attention.  Many times attention is the only thing some of the anons really want.  I think thei Anon was not thinking and certainly doe not understand what this BB was set up by Jeff for, so long ago.  I, at least, want to think that they were so scared (as another stated)  by what they saw that , they just reacted.  Not a valid reaction to post such about.  AND no Carol I doubt that anyone even thhought about you generating such a response as Anon. 

CarolA
                    Participant

Sorry, should have clarified my signature better on that (rant) post.  I am CarolA, Stage III,  Amherst, NY.   Back over six years ago, I picked "CarolA" with the big "A" to distinguish from Carole (of love & light signature).    Carol Taylor is the newest  eloquent writer, in my estimation, a minister I believe, who wrote that post of concern that in her absence folks might have thought she was the anon (whoever could think that of her?) 

This does allow me to clarify further my rant, that anon contacted youtube to remove Jill's post, not just change the category to adult.   Remove it?   The nerve!   That, friends, is what my huge objection is about, the further aggravation that I saw as almost harrassment of Jill.

CarolA, Stage III

Amherst, NY 

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Gee CarolA, You have pointed out elegantly and courtesly that I am not perfect?  (Don't tell my wife).

Just becuse I typed a very long e,ail to CarolT and hit something/someway and wiped it all out and then posted a brief comment to her on the CarolA post!  Dos that really mean that I'm not perfect? 

I'm trying to update her on  our pastg and that the problem has not been most people tring to restrict others, but that, as Charlie pointed o ut the Name Jeff gave this group is Melanoma  Patients Information NOT limiting the wording to just support nor making all  just feel good.

TinaR
                        Participant

Hmmmm. Two different stories here…#1 and most important. A  tragic story for Jill and Eric. I truly believe even the sacrificial anon feels awful and heartbroken about the situation . It is horribly frightening and all too common on this nasty cancer trail.  I bet every person reading  ( even the frightened anon) wishes things could be different for the family and every Melanoma patient.

Removing the tragedy from the problem —and we should ! …

While reading all the comments I am [not] surprised by the level of disconnect I see in the postings. All this back and forth about need and respect for each patient's journey /feelings, the heart-string pulling praise for the precious gift and original intention of the board [ and it was awesome] – this is ultimate in hypocritical baloney.

This isn't the MPIP and hasn't been since 2008. You can't expect everyone to fall in line with the small, self-selected group's sanctioned method of coping and demand that all patients be the same. THAT was the perfection of the original MPIP- they provided for everyone.  As long as the 'lay" group continues to hound those with different points of view and methods of expression this will never be an inclusive, respectful place and THIS GROUP will actively ignore and vilifiy a segment of the Melanoma population ( how awful, right?) Haughty expressions of superiority regarding difference is the culture of the *new MPIP* and this bears no resemblance to the original graciousness of the actual MPIP.

Everyone is different, but deserves the same respect. This is the real problem – hell, it's a problem for our country as well— judgmental, narrow-minded, fundamentalist prudes demanding to make their choices for everyone. To Mr/Ms Anon…you can be afraid, you can express your horror and you should feel safe doing so, but you can't do that here. I understand your feelings and many others would have as well, but they're not here anymore :(.

That is all  … you can all go back to thinking you're creating magic and fighting for all patients everywhere.

(Oh, Yoop- I DO wear readers and because I'm disorganized I have to wear them around my neck on a chain – like a dowdy librarian 🙂

Nancylee
                          Participant

Dowdy???

WHATEVER!!!

TinaR
                            Participant

Yeah, but not everyone is privy to the yearly 'state of the face' photos 🙂  You're just one of the lucky ones.   Besides- if I didn't front for the old, ugly, uneducated, useless nincompoops on the Internet how would SOME people have any fun around here?

Fun… oh, wait-those days are gone…let's e-mail! I better get ready for my job at the register at Target…don't want to keep J waiting, I bet he needs some new stuff for that fancy new venture of his.  Thank G-D he clued me in on my REAL career path- pretend air hostess was a difficult ruse to keep up!

R xoxoxo

TinaR
                              Participant

Yeah, but not everyone is privy to the yearly 'state of the face' photos 🙂  You're just one of the lucky ones.   Besides- if I didn't front for the old, ugly, uneducated, useless nincompoops on the Internet how would SOME people have any fun around here?

Fun… oh, wait-those days are gone…let's e-mail! I better get ready for my job at the register at Target…don't want to keep J waiting, I bet he needs some new stuff for that fancy new venture of his.  Thank G-D he clued me in on my REAL career path- pretend air hostess was a difficult ruse to keep up!

R xoxoxo

Nancylee
                                Participant

Dowdy???

WHATEVER!!!

TinaR
                                  Participant

Hmmmm. Two different stories here…#1 and most important. A  tragic story for Jill and Eric. I truly believe even the sacrificial anon feels awful and heartbroken about the situation . It is horribly frightening and all too common on this nasty cancer trail.  I bet every person reading  ( even the frightened anon) wishes things could be different for the family and every Melanoma patient.

Removing the tragedy from the problem —and we should ! …

While reading all the comments I am [not] surprised by the level of disconnect I see in the postings. All this back and forth about need and respect for each patient's journey /feelings, the heart-string pulling praise for the precious gift and original intention of the board [ and it was awesome] – this is ultimate in hypocritical baloney.

This isn't the MPIP and hasn't been since 2008. You can't expect everyone to fall in line with the small, self-selected group's sanctioned method of coping and demand that all patients be the same. THAT was the perfection of the original MPIP- they provided for everyone.  As long as the 'lay" group continues to hound those with different points of view and methods of expression this will never be an inclusive, respectful place and THIS GROUP will actively ignore and vilifiy a segment of the Melanoma population ( how awful, right?) Haughty expressions of superiority regarding difference is the culture of the *new MPIP* and this bears no resemblance to the original graciousness of the actual MPIP.

Everyone is different, but deserves the same respect. This is the real problem – hell, it's a problem for our country as well— judgmental, narrow-minded, fundamentalist prudes demanding to make their choices for everyone. To Mr/Ms Anon…you can be afraid, you can express your horror and you should feel safe doing so, but you can't do that here. I understand your feelings and many others would have as well, but they're not here anymore :(.

That is all  … you can all go back to thinking you're creating magic and fighting for all patients everywhere.

(Oh, Yoop- I DO wear readers and because I'm disorganized I have to wear them around my neck on a chain – like a dowdy librarian 🙂

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

Gee CarolA, You have pointed out elegantly and courtesly that I am not perfect?  (Don't tell my wife).

Just becuse I typed a very long e,ail to CarolT and hit something/someway and wiped it all out and then posted a brief comment to her on the CarolA post!  Dos that really mean that I'm not perfect? 

I'm trying to update her on  our pastg and that the problem has not been most people tring to restrict others, but that, as Charlie pointed o ut the Name Jeff gave this group is Melanoma  Patients Information NOT limiting the wording to just support nor making all  just feel good.

CarolA
                                      Participant

Sorry, should have clarified my signature better on that (rant) post.  I am CarolA, Stage III,  Amherst, NY.   Back over six years ago, I picked "CarolA" with the big "A" to distinguish from Carole (of love & light signature).    Carol Taylor is the newest  eloquent writer, in my estimation, a minister I believe, who wrote that post of concern that in her absence folks might have thought she was the anon (whoever could think that of her?) 

This does allow me to clarify further my rant, that anon contacted youtube to remove Jill's post, not just change the category to adult.   Remove it?   The nerve!   That, friends, is what my huge objection is about, the further aggravation that I saw as almost harrassment of Jill.

CarolA, Stage III

Amherst, NY 

TinaR
                                        Participant

See, this is an example where I see things differently –I think Tim's message was more along the lines of " Take what you want and leave the rest" 🙂 

Hope all is well with you otherwise 🙂

TinaR
                                          Participant

See, this is an example where I see things differently –I think Tim's message was more along the lines of " Take what you want and leave the rest" 🙂 

Hope all is well with you otherwise 🙂

JerryfromFauq
                                          Participant

I think Tim Turnham did a great job of noting from the top level where Jills posting rates.  That Anon deserves no more of our attention.  Many times attention is the only thing some of the anons really want.  I think thei Anon was not thinking and certainly doe not understand what this BB was set up by Jeff for, so long ago.  I, at least, want to think that they were so scared (as another stated)  by what they saw that , they just reacted.  Not a valid reaction to post such about.  AND no Carol I doubt that anyone even thhought about you generating such a response as Anon. 

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

I want to know the AOL contact!  That video should be viewable down to age 12 or 13.    We have teenagers dying from melanoma.  They need to know what can happen and be aware to what happens t their bodies to prvent such.  If even Just MPIP people contact them they might just listen.

lhaley
                                                Participant

We've had in the past board members that have asked for pictures to show teens the effects of tanning. If I was a teen and saw a picture like that it would makeme think twice!

One good thing that came out of this is all of the support that Jill received.

Linda

lhaley
                                                  Participant

We've had in the past board members that have asked for pictures to show teens the effects of tanning. If I was a teen and saw a picture like that it would makeme think twice!

One good thing that came out of this is all of the support that Jill received.

Linda

JerryfromFauq
                                                  Participant

I want to know the AOL contact!  That video should be viewable down to age 12 or 13.    We have teenagers dying from melanoma.  They need to know what can happen and be aware to what happens t their bodies to prvent such.  If even Just MPIP people contact them they might just listen.

Kimmer
                                                    Participant

I was sad to see that anyone could be so hurtful and unconcerned for Jill's feelings.  Her motivation was clearly to educate and I believe very unselfish. 

There is both safety and cruelty in our anonymity on the internet…sometimes whether we post as Anonymous or give our names.  (There is little chance that most of us will ever meet in real life.)  I belong to the 'thin skinned' variety of folks who really can't handle a bunch of cruelty, but Jill seems pretty tough.  She knows that there is plenty of love pouring out of this community toward her and Eric. 

I agree with LV that sometimes people don't want their names to be shown, especially if a question is really personal in nature.

I didn't know that this anon is trying to get the YouTube video pulled…there are several others of Eric; his message of caution to leave to the world.  I hope they stay because what he has to say matters. 

Melanoma is a nasty; that's all there is to it.  Cancer just pisses me off.

Y'all take good care, k.

Kimmer
                                                      Participant

I was sad to see that anyone could be so hurtful and unconcerned for Jill's feelings.  Her motivation was clearly to educate and I believe very unselfish. 

There is both safety and cruelty in our anonymity on the internet…sometimes whether we post as Anonymous or give our names.  (There is little chance that most of us will ever meet in real life.)  I belong to the 'thin skinned' variety of folks who really can't handle a bunch of cruelty, but Jill seems pretty tough.  She knows that there is plenty of love pouring out of this community toward her and Eric. 

I agree with LV that sometimes people don't want their names to be shown, especially if a question is really personal in nature.

I didn't know that this anon is trying to get the YouTube video pulled…there are several others of Eric; his message of caution to leave to the world.  I hope they stay because what he has to say matters. 

Melanoma is a nasty; that's all there is to it.  Cancer just pisses me off.

Y'all take good care, k.

nicoli
                                                        Participant

I think I agree it was a troll from the tanning industry. Everything fits.

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
                                                          Participant

I think I agree it was a troll from the tanning industry. Everything fits.

Nicki, Stage 3b

akls
                                                            Participant

If you search a word in the anon post that isn't used often by many of us, and look at the writing style, you will know who it is.

TinaR
                                                                Participant

Oh, just  share with everyone the poor bastard you're trying to implicate with your usual, amateur detective skills. I'm only up to searching the word "say" and I'm already bored to tears with the billion matches. None of the vocab is atypical and all of it indicates just another  person who is scared to death (but don't let their pain that stop you from nasty conjecture).

It never gets old… nothing like shooting the messenger if you don't like your own association with a nasty crime, eh? Your  cowardness cracks me up. Save us some time and repeat your continuous loop of assholiness…pretty please? but be careful…you know people are sue-happy here…

nicoli
                                                                  Participant

Uh, you searched the word "say"? 

TinaR
                                                                    Participant

No, I was being obtuse, Nicoli.   As none of the words in the original post were atypical I just picked one in the first sentence for dramatic license wink. It's a tiresome game this particular circle of big shots play and was just highlighting their idiocy, again 🙂

Same crap, different day and it's just sad for all…horrible for Eric & Jill  AND the frightened anon who wasn't used to seeing scary pictures. Once this scared patient or caregiver has  been around the block with Melanoma, spent a few years on this board…these things will be easier for them to take , but in the meantime someone, somehow, should stand up for those with unpopular  opinion or coping skills and let them know they are understood.  I've been in their quaking shoes and it was ugly. Many you'd  think are the nicest , most helpful and even the holiest are some of the most rotten people you can imagine ( they're often going anon, too!) .

TinaR
                                                                      Participant

p.s…and I'm they're least favorite person…I bet you just can't imagine why, right ???

TinaR
                                                                        Participant

p.s…and I'm they're least favorite person…I bet you just can't imagine why, right ???

TinaR
                                                                          Participant

Oh, foo… my life is dull. I'm sitting here all alone on a Friday night, eating my watermelon Italian ice. Finally home after my long shift at Target, I sit down prepared to read more on the social side of the board and realize it's FRIDAY night…everyone else is out having a great time 🙁  Left with  Frasier reruns, Italian ice, empty nest syndrome and only my own poorly edited post to re-read.

*Dramatic effect*…not this post…the edit for a glaring mistake in my post above. It's difficult to scan faux designer duds & inexpensive housewares at the same time you're typing important replies on your pay as you go cell. I'll be fired if I keep that up!  Hmmm, I  guess this post is a little dramatic, too.  Oh well… there's a reason Jag  arranged this cashier job for me – he nailed it when he said I'm not good for much of anything else – old, glasses-wearing, poverty stricken witch that I am.  On the upside…I can pretend I used my pretend Tar-ZHAY discount while shopping for my Watermelon Ice !

It IS sad how little activity there is on this board. If Yoop didn't call me an old , blind hag, I'd never have checked.  Boy have things changed. As I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to check the board – at least I know there will not be a gazillion posts to sift through. I'm  headed for another boring , loser vacation…no, not the usual Redneck Riviera . That's too upscale for the likes of me these days. But something really swell, I'm sure—>whatever / wherever J thinks up for me- that's where I'll be.

Thanks for calling me to the board Yoop and friends…it was like old times. This messiness aside…I wish good luck, health and peace to everyone.

TinaR
                                                                            Participant

Oh, foo… my life is dull. I'm sitting here all alone on a Friday night, eating my watermelon Italian ice. Finally home after my long shift at Target, I sit down prepared to read more on the social side of the board and realize it's FRIDAY night…everyone else is out having a great time 🙁  Left with  Frasier reruns, Italian ice, empty nest syndrome and only my own poorly edited post to re-read.

*Dramatic effect*…not this post…the edit for a glaring mistake in my post above. It's difficult to scan faux designer duds & inexpensive housewares at the same time you're typing important replies on your pay as you go cell. I'll be fired if I keep that up!  Hmmm, I  guess this post is a little dramatic, too.  Oh well… there's a reason Jag  arranged this cashier job for me – he nailed it when he said I'm not good for much of anything else – old, glasses-wearing, poverty stricken witch that I am.  On the upside…I can pretend I used my pretend Tar-ZHAY discount while shopping for my Watermelon Ice !

It IS sad how little activity there is on this board. If Yoop didn't call me an old , blind hag, I'd never have checked.  Boy have things changed. As I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to check the board – at least I know there will not be a gazillion posts to sift through. I'm  headed for another boring , loser vacation…no, not the usual Redneck Riviera . That's too upscale for the likes of me these days. But something really swell, I'm sure—>whatever / wherever J thinks up for me- that's where I'll be.

Thanks for calling me to the board Yoop and friends…it was like old times. This messiness aside…I wish good luck, health and peace to everyone.

TinaR
                                                                              Participant

No, I was being obtuse, Nicoli.   As none of the words in the original post were atypical I just picked one in the first sentence for dramatic license wink. It's a tiresome game this particular circle of big shots play and was just highlighting their idiocy, again 🙂

Same crap, different day and it's just sad for all…horrible for Eric & Jill  AND the frightened anon who wasn't used to seeing scary pictures. Once this scared patient or caregiver has  been around the block with Melanoma, spent a few years on this board…these things will be easier for them to take , but in the meantime someone, somehow, should stand up for those with unpopular  opinion or coping skills and let them know they are understood.  I've been in their quaking shoes and it was ugly. Many you'd  think are the nicest , most helpful and even the holiest are some of the most rotten people you can imagine ( they're often going anon, too!) .

nicoli
                                                                                Participant

Uh, you searched the word "say"? 

TinaR
                                                                                  Participant

Oh, just  share with everyone the poor bastard you're trying to implicate with your usual, amateur detective skills. I'm only up to searching the word "say" and I'm already bored to tears with the billion matches. None of the vocab is atypical and all of it indicates just another  person who is scared to death (but don't let their pain that stop you from nasty conjecture).

It never gets old… nothing like shooting the messenger if you don't like your own association with a nasty crime, eh? Your  cowardness cracks me up. Save us some time and repeat your continuous loop of assholiness…pretty please? but be careful…you know people are sue-happy here…

akls
                                                                                  Participant

If you search a word in the anon post that isn't used often by many of us, and look at the writing style, you will know who it is.

nicoli
                                                                                    Participant

Scared doesn't cut it with me. We're all scared. Unless anon is an immature junior high student, there is no excuse for the attitude and failure to mind his own business. He didn't have to look at the pictures, he has no excuse for the immature response and he has no excuse for notifing youtube or whoever. No excuse.

And I still think it's a troll. Or some other such ugly person.

Nicki

TinaR
                                                                                        Participant

As my daughter texts: ikr! Well, you're a tough task master, Nicki. Anon doesn't get  any empathy or consideration at all. Duly noted.  There was a dark period of  history when awful  anons like this could have  expressed their shock/discomfort/fear —taking it  off  main to another patient area …where the less pretty side of emotions were understood and welcomed- good or bad. This kind of reception really IS better for the patients — to know where the better board stands when a person has problems or needs of another sort coping with their disease. I wonder if there's a place for these whackjobs, you know…those in the throes of a nervous breakdown, extreme depression, paralyzing fear or something like that? We sure can't  waste resources talking these crazy people down or reasoning with them in a helpful way…the hell with them! We've got important Melanoma sharing and support to take care of…we're busy people with impeccable standards!

Yeah, our kind of Melanoma support isn't ugly at all…how dare they express their discomfort in our presence! Anon trolls, for sure .  I feel really good about all this- I hope they find out who he is and really make his life hell.

Kimmer
                                                                                          Participant

Oh Rox,

I do so love it when you are obtuse.  I also really love that you can see both sides of things. I am terrible at it.  And a total chicken toward facing the uglies and who wants everthing to just be nice and pretty.  Sigh.

You doin' okay?  Kiddos?  Hubs?

Hope so.

k.

TinaR
                                                                                            Participant

Hi K,

I'm  fine and the kids as well…just busy with relaxing and fun summer stuff, but dreading the school year  which is racing our way. I hate it so much…all the homework hassles, the crazy running here and there and the added drama the school year brings with teen girls. I was ready for this summer back in January and my stomach is in knots knowing it's almost time. High School starts this year…glad to see middle school go, but I do not have a good feeling for the next year 🙁

Hope you are doing well, too. Thanks for asking~!

R

TinaR
                                                                                              Participant

Hi K,

I'm  fine and the kids as well…just busy with relaxing and fun summer stuff, but dreading the school year  which is racing our way. I hate it so much…all the homework hassles, the crazy running here and there and the added drama the school year brings with teen girls. I was ready for this summer back in January and my stomach is in knots knowing it's almost time. High School starts this year…glad to see middle school go, but I do not have a good feeling for the next year 🙁

Hope you are doing well, too. Thanks for asking~!

R

Kimmer
                                                                                                Participant

Oh Rox,

I do so love it when you are obtuse.  I also really love that you can see both sides of things. I am terrible at it.  And a total chicken toward facing the uglies and who wants everthing to just be nice and pretty.  Sigh.

You doin' okay?  Kiddos?  Hubs?

Hope so.

k.

TinaR
                                                                                                  Participant

As my daughter texts: ikr! Well, you're a tough task master, Nicki. Anon doesn't get  any empathy or consideration at all. Duly noted.  There was a dark period of  history when awful  anons like this could have  expressed their shock/discomfort/fear —taking it  off  main to another patient area …where the less pretty side of emotions were understood and welcomed- good or bad. This kind of reception really IS better for the patients — to know where the better board stands when a person has problems or needs of another sort coping with their disease. I wonder if there's a place for these whackjobs, you know…those in the throes of a nervous breakdown, extreme depression, paralyzing fear or something like that? We sure can't  waste resources talking these crazy people down or reasoning with them in a helpful way…the hell with them! We've got important Melanoma sharing and support to take care of…we're busy people with impeccable standards!

Yeah, our kind of Melanoma support isn't ugly at all…how dare they express their discomfort in our presence! Anon trolls, for sure .  I feel really good about all this- I hope they find out who he is and really make his life hell.

nicoli
                                                                                                  Participant

Scared doesn't cut it with me. We're all scared. Unless anon is an immature junior high student, there is no excuse for the attitude and failure to mind his own business. He didn't have to look at the pictures, he has no excuse for the immature response and he has no excuse for notifing youtube or whoever. No excuse.

And I still think it's a troll. Or some other such ugly person.

Nicki

Cooper
                                                                                                    Participant

Roxanne is right on target here.  The nastiness and intolerance is by you folks not the anon who posted her/his disenchantment with the post by Jill.  I have to agree, is it really necessary to share this stuff?  Isn't it personal and private for Eric?  Do you remember when they would haul in to school the black lung from a smoker to scare you?  did it work? NOOOOOO..This isn't going to work on kids to stop tanning too much disconnect.  It feels like an invasion of personal privacy to me.  And you can see I'm a private person who likes to remain anon.

nicoli
                                                                                                        Participant

Privacy has nothing to do with these videos. The only privacy being invaded is Eric's and HE is the one posting the videos.

As has been repeated numberous times, you have a choice to watch or not.

Nicki

nicoli
                                                                                                          Participant

Privacy has nothing to do with these videos. The only privacy being invaded is Eric's and HE is the one posting the videos.

As has been repeated numberous times, you have a choice to watch or not.

Nicki

Kimmer
                                                                                                            Participant

A-hem, Anon,

I for one had the everlovin'crap scared outta me that black lung.  Srsly.  Never smoked, not a puff. 

That's just me, though.  Somebody's tragedy saved me from that. 

Smoking was glam at one time.  So tanning has been for while.  Who knows?  I think Eric could save just one person and it may be worth it.

Sayin' it again…cancer is just nasty.  We all have a right to express what we think…I have to give Rox a hand for  understanding someone's fear.

I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

François-Marie Arouet  (V((
                                                                                                              (Voltaire)

Take good care, whoever you are.
                                                                                                              k.

nicoli
                                                                                                              Participant

And the pictures of bloody car crashes in Driver's Ed class? They scared the crap and the drunk driving out of me!

Visuals do have a powerful effect. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Nicki

nicoli
                                                                                                                Participant

And the pictures of bloody car crashes in Driver's Ed class? They scared the crap and the drunk driving out of me!

Visuals do have a powerful effect. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Nicki

Kimmer
                                                                                                                  Participant

A-hem, Anon,

I for one had the everlovin'crap scared outta me that black lung.  Srsly.  Never smoked, not a puff. 

That's just me, though.  Somebody's tragedy saved me from that. 

Smoking was glam at one time.  So tanning has been for while.  Who knows?  I think Eric could save just one person and it may be worth it.

Sayin' it again…cancer is just nasty.  We all have a right to express what we think…I have to give Rox a hand for  understanding someone's fear.

I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

François-Marie Arouet  (V((
                                                                                                                    (Voltaire)

Take good care, whoever you are.
                                                                                                                    k.

NicOz
                                                                                                                    Participant

So 'anon' on that post is lauded for expressing their disenchantment, but those who did not agree with them were merely being nasty and intolerant by expressing their disenchantment with that poster? Okaaaaaay. No hypocrisy there.

People were invited to view or not. Privacy was not invaded.

TinaR
                                                                                                                      Participant

Not certain agreeing with someone's right to post would qualify as "lauded,  ( or even stating your own discomfort with the information), but I'm 100% positive that the following mainboard remarks to the anon would fall in the nasty and intolerant category:

"If you don't like it, leave"

"you certainly need to hop back on the crazy train."

"Melanoma is DEATH" ( & as this isn't the case for most patients, saying this to someone who is obviously  frightened is pretty *nasty*…  and incorrect! )

"grow some balls and tell us who you are… otherwise… get the hell out"  ( which is kinda funny as the following statement was also part of the poster's argument : "This site is for EVERYONE"?)

"SHAME ON YOU ANONYMOUS!!!!"

"Clearly the MRF needs to add a third category for replying to posts as – "I'm an idiot".

Isn't the main board about every variation you find with Melanoma, information, support and education?  Now, if this were the darker side of the Melanoma board…grow some balls and get the hell out would have been a rollicking good time…but on the main board, to a frightened patient, it might have been more productive to use some other kind of message to "inform". People of every age have computers…maybe the anon WAS a junior high student, an elementary-school child with Melanoma or a  child of a parent with the disease. We don't know. It's tough shit, grow up,  take it and shut the hell up about it?  Why can't it be "hey, I know it was hard to look at, but it's reality for some patients and as this is a site for all patients the video has a place here. It's a good idea to check before you click on links in the future.  You sound frightened…maybe you can share a little bit about what you're going through?"  Nah, it's  "hop back on the crazy train" .  I LOVE that kind of message…but not there, to that person, at that time.

Cracks me up what passes for appropriate on the main board sometimes…"you will die a painful death and rot in hell for eternity"  is a-ok, but " you scared me" is too much to handle. Huh?

NicOz
                                                                                                                        Participant

Don't friggin "Huh?" me. And don't confuse me with people who give a rat shit about people who post as 'anonymous'. I don't care whether someone posts with a recognisable moniker or not.

You must have an awful  lot of time on your hands for that amount of copying and pasting. Fortunately, I don't have that luxury, and have more important things to do so am not going to go on a copy and paste fest from the original post. Pull out a few examples of replies that illustrate nasty and intolerant, and expect me to go back and rebuttal surrounding who "anonymous" MAY have been in terms of their circumstances? Nuh-uh.

If you wanted a response that said "hey, I know it was hard to look at, but it's reality for some patients and as this is a site for all patients the video has a place here. It's a good idea to check before you click on links in the future.  You sound frightened…maybe you can share a little bit about what you're going through?" (Only copied and pasted because it was accessible on this page, right above me- didn't even have to go back to your response) then where in the hell were YOU? What stopped you? What's stopping you know? Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, when you can even be arsed weighing in ON the actual post. If you weren't comfortable with people knowing who you were, there's a post as anonymous function you could have used.

But no…Let's just comment after the game has been played, use the replay button to fill yourself with quotes, and be all sancitmonious about how it should have been played. If you were so upset at how people were responding to the post, where was your support for anonymous? You'd prefer to use it as your platform and wind people up and for telling people that they should be ashamed of themselves for not having rushed to assist the 'anonymous' post who may have been all of the possibilities you've made up for them, or none of them.

So no. I've had it up to the back teeth with the people who are upset about what someone unpalatable has posted, and turning it around to be all about them (let alone speaking on behalf of ALL the melanoma patients on the site). In the first person, or by another person on their behalf. People want to admit they're scared? If you can click on a reply button, you can also utilise a create new thread button. Much the same as if they can find a site online, they can read a "caution- graphic" warning. 

It may not be DEATH for most people, but for many people it is. And if you think that is "nasty" because this particular person feels like it is death, then the anon poster is pretty "nasty" because they feel it is highly inappropriate. Personally, I don't think either poster is nasty. Just expressing their own reality or opinion… which is what posting is for, isn't it?

Cooper
                                                                                                                          Participant

Oh come on here, who doesn't have a life?  Nic from Oz wrote an enormous essay and all Rox did was point out the ever more cruel responses to the anon's feelings about a post.  Jeez, this place hasn't changed at all, intolerance for a different opinion is the norm.  Just like the Barbie days when she pronounced her religious zeal on all. People are angry here, and rightly so if they have melanoma.  But what we share with each other should be tempered with good taste and positive support.  It is scary enough for the newbie without these posts!

Cooper
                                                                                                                            Participant

Oh come on here, who doesn't have a life?  Nic from Oz wrote an enormous essay and all Rox did was point out the ever more cruel responses to the anon's feelings about a post.  Jeez, this place hasn't changed at all, intolerance for a different opinion is the norm.  Just like the Barbie days when she pronounced her religious zeal on all. People are angry here, and rightly so if they have melanoma.  But what we share with each other should be tempered with good taste and positive support.  It is scary enough for the newbie without these posts!

TinaR
                                                                                                                              Participant

Oh, fer fu#ks sake – you employing  the overused, easy offensive strike? You know it  takes no more time to copy a couple of lines than it did for you to type your rant.

"Don't friggin huh you?" Excuse me, but I didn't realize that you demand a more deferential posting than I or any patient or visitor. Thanks anyway for the reprimand, but I'll huh or post my support or ideas when the mood strikes me, as often or as sporadically as I choose. I also don't give a "rat's ass" who or what you care about and I don't let your ideas influence when or how I state my opinion. You can read what I offer with a grain of salt, contemplate the difference or bitch about it, here. Any choice is fine by me.  I have always enjoyed watching as you parade your opinion and biting  style of expression around the boards . It doesn't  change my opinion or posting behavior,  but I always find it more interesting than much of the drivel on the social board.

I  don't have to qualify my participation to you, but since your argument seems to hinge on my appearance or lack thereof- I'll bite:  I don't spend much time reading this site anymore, along with thousands of  former participants who've lost interest and only post sporadically.  Even more to  the point- I don't post on the main board as I do not have any current treatment or information that would be  helpful enough to move important posts off the front page. You're complaining I can't be bothered helping when your post to the main recounts your own purposeful lack of participation —because you can't be bothered with the controversial, negative replies to your input. Again, huh? That's rich.  You can't logically defend your point both ways…even if it serves your purpose in your argument. I'm either here or not and while you're certainly within your right to bitch about either one – you're back and forth doesn't make any sense.

My first comment on the board was about the right of anyone to post on the main board about our disease-  from Jill and Eric's pictures to the anonymous poster's feelings. As long as it's on the off-topic board, anything is up for nasty debate. I've enjoyed your all-over-the-map strikes and your caustic attitude- at the same time not giving the 'rat's ass" how you feel about my enjoyment.  At the very least, it was pleasurable reading.

Have a glorious day, Nic, taking care of the much more important things that fill your day than do mine! (That was funny, too !).

NicOz
                                                                                                                                Participant

But, gee whiz… I MAY have only responded it that way because I'm scared and have all sorts of shit going on in my life. How intolerant and nasty of you not to think about that. I'm wounded. Obviously I'm not displaying my fear appropriately and acceptably, in a socially acceptable manner.

Nice take on WHY I rarely post, but so far off the mark that it's frightening. I'm fairly certain I mention the issue a couple of times in there. Still, as long as you use your incorrect assumption to reason to justify yourself, that's all that matters. Hmmm… I've always been so frightened of receiving a controversial or negative reply from something I've said. The My terror at the though, leaves me frozen. Anyhoo- Your twisted version makes for better reading, I guess. Well done, you! 🙂

Yes, my attitude was caustic. Many good reasons for that, but once again… I have no wish to share them, particularly with someone like you. I will convey surface feelings on an issue (though, it's far too confusing to understand me apparently), but "innermost"? Not on your nelly. I don't have enough respect for many people on this site.

I hope this is written in an understandable manner for you. Terribly sorry that it was all over the place and I don't make any sense. Gee, I wonder why that could be? No, I dare not mention it- it would only be classed by the likes of you as attempting to garner pity, and I'll be damned if I give you that opportunity.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Yeah, the problem with this post's first remark is I'm aware of who you are & have read your story over the years. We have no idea who the anon was, where they were coming from or even whether a child was being abused in the collective pile on. I get you don't care about any of that…whether it's because you're just intolerant of needy people or in an active  battle– it's your prerogative. It's mine to share otherwise. Never my intention to take anything from people experiencing active disease, but if you want to characterize my point that way, I can't do anything about it. But you're wrong about me.

I didn't miss your reason- it's the same controversial subject people have been batting around long before you ever came to the board.  You don't like when people expect a little brightness in their battle and they want support? So be it, but too bad. You're not the first on here to feel that way. The world is full of  whiners or people in the midst of having ugly shit thrown their way and that doesn't make any of them undeserving of a little break on the Main Board. Unless expressely noted by the management-there will always be different stages represented, different levels of need -they are all here looking for information that I thought  the board was here to provide.  My view is that disgust with people looking for good news or emotional support  is as negative or controversial as you not liking the neediness or the posting of their disgust with bad news . I didn't miss your your point- I don't agree with it. That's a long way from accusing you of being a scaredy cat, misinterpreting your view of important info or anything else you chummed up in your reply. We rarely agree and while you might believe it's because I"m wrong…that would only be your opinion.

You don't really know me, what I deal with and I don't share any of that with the likes of you either. I also convey surface feelings on issues and rarely post my *real* private information for the view of others. I don't *do* pity and I don't enjoy it for myself.  Your opinion wasn't misunderstood, your ability to get your point across was nothing less than razor sharp…it's just that the tactics used to confuse my message were apparent and called out.  I've never witnessed you unable to get your point across and I don't see it now.   My disagreeing with your message and noting your attempt to obfuscate my point really have nothing to do with the quality of your posting abilities. Again,from what I can see, you appear to be as willing, feisty and succinct as ever.

I'm not in the business of "classing", rating the importance or validity of anyone's disease — that has always been  the bailiwick of  certain others. I don't deny anyone their disease on the main board — however seriously life-threatening  or whiny it may be. You don't seem to really understand anything about me at all…and it's not necessary for you to do so. If you want to lump me in with those you find distasteful, ignorant or callous..that's your right…but you are very off the mark. Darn,  if we're just  not destined to "board bond"– I doubt either of us really gives your "rat's ass" about that anyway.

Good luck and take care.

NicOz
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Yes, and the first part of your post concerns your "being aware of me" and having "read my story". Do you really that that equates to knowing me, in any way?  No, it doesn't. So let's use this ignorance of who I am, in order to hint at an intolerance of/or lack of being in active "battle" (*I have melanoma- I'm not in the bloody army!*)  is what has drove me to comment… After all it's such good fodder to set the scene for another attack which is based on a totally flawed and fabricated (supposed) thought process I have… because you know me so well. You've read my story. Obviously that means you think you can read my thoughts. What a gift! Such an exception skill 🙂

I don't rate the validity of anyone's post, and I don't give a rodent's behind as to whether their disease is active or not. But once again, twist what I say into what YOU believe to be true in order to score points. It's say it's clever, but it's also predictable of you.  

So I posted my comments about being scared under a veil of sarcasm? Wasn't it you that said "You can't expect everyone to fall in line with the small, self-selected group's sanctioned method of coping and demand that all patients be the same"? It's a fair call, but it doesn't seem to apply for everyone, does it?

Just because I don't look at death as an abstract "One day this could kill me", but in a "different (perhaps more imminent) way" doesn't mean I rate validity of someone's fear or pain as being less important. And just because I choose not to post about mine, doesn't mean they don't exist. So don't bother thinking you "know" me in any way, shape or form. Your response to me illustrates how ****ing little you DO know about me.

So carry having fun with your inaccurate assumptions about me- damn, they make for good reading 🙂

TinaR
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Let's beat this to death with a stick -my turn at the pinata and then I'm gonna give you all the candy that drops tonight…the Housewives is on -I can't miss the  possible sightings of my  childhood stomping grounds.  

Honestly, you are working the muddle tonight, eh?  I don't think reading your posts gives me any RL insight any more than your assumptions define the real me. We ONLY  *know* each other in a *MPIP years of post reading*  fashion…which is more than either of us *know* about the anon.

That's it, Nic. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't care to know any more, am not fishing for any more. Whatever. It is what it is and it's all board bullshit…and I'm rather weary of this miscommunication as I'm now into Franklin Lakes time .So, I'm  going to condense my message …my entire message for you to pick at with a probe….

Every patient, of every stage, should be able to come to the main board and expect a helping hand and a little leeway.

There isn't a secret code, an underlying meaning or anything to read between the lines.

I'm handing you the stick…bash away, but I'm going to watch the Italian Jerseyites beat each other up and the after show commentary. That my evil plan for the rest of the evening.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Let's beat this to death with a stick -my turn at the pinata and then I'm gonna give you all the candy that drops tonight…the Housewives is on -I can't miss the  possible sightings of my  childhood stomping grounds.  

Honestly, you are working the muddle tonight, eh?  I don't think reading your posts gives me any RL insight any more than your assumptions define the real me. We ONLY  *know* each other in a *MPIP years of post reading*  fashion…which is more than either of us *know* about the anon.

That's it, Nic. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't care to know any more, am not fishing for any more. Whatever. It is what it is and it's all board bullshit…and I'm rather weary of this miscommunication as I'm now into Franklin Lakes time .So, I'm  going to condense my message …my entire message for you to pick at with a probe….

Every patient, of every stage, should be able to come to the main board and expect a helping hand and a little leeway.

There isn't a secret code, an underlying meaning or anything to read between the lines.

I'm handing you the stick…bash away, but I'm going to watch the Italian Jerseyites beat each other up and the after show commentary. That my evil plan for the rest of the evening.

NicOz
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Yes, and the first part of your post concerns your "being aware of me" and having "read my story". Do you really that that equates to knowing me, in any way?  No, it doesn't. So let's use this ignorance of who I am, in order to hint at an intolerance of/or lack of being in active "battle" (*I have melanoma- I'm not in the bloody army!*)  is what has drove me to comment… After all it's such good fodder to set the scene for another attack which is based on a totally flawed and fabricated (supposed) thought process I have… because you know me so well. You've read my story. Obviously that means you think you can read my thoughts. What a gift! Such an exception skill 🙂

I don't rate the validity of anyone's post, and I don't give a rodent's behind as to whether their disease is active or not. But once again, twist what I say into what YOU believe to be true in order to score points. It's say it's clever, but it's also predictable of you.  

So I posted my comments about being scared under a veil of sarcasm? Wasn't it you that said "You can't expect everyone to fall in line with the small, self-selected group's sanctioned method of coping and demand that all patients be the same"? It's a fair call, but it doesn't seem to apply for everyone, does it?

Just because I don't look at death as an abstract "One day this could kill me", but in a "different (perhaps more imminent) way" doesn't mean I rate validity of someone's fear or pain as being less important. And just because I choose not to post about mine, doesn't mean they don't exist. So don't bother thinking you "know" me in any way, shape or form. Your response to me illustrates how ****ing little you DO know about me.

So carry having fun with your inaccurate assumptions about me- damn, they make for good reading 🙂

djpayn
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Seriously Rox, Let it go. We ALL remember the past and if you really want to bring it up, let's go back and review your "ride on the crazy train"!

Alot of us here still remember the days when you just couldn't figure out which name you would use to wreak havoc and verbally abuse the other posters.

Alot of us remember your "breakdowns" about your possible impending death at stage 1, when there were people dying everyday.

We all know how you like to stir up shit and wish the DS was back in business so you would have something to do with your life.

You say that you hardly ever post here anymore, but you admit to trolling. Sad. It's been years and you are still the conductor on the "crazy train express".

djpayn
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Seriously Rox, Let it go. We ALL remember the past and if you really want to bring it up, let's go back and review your "ride on the crazy train"!

Alot of us here still remember the days when you just couldn't figure out which name you would use to wreak havoc and verbally abuse the other posters.

Alot of us remember your "breakdowns" about your possible impending death at stage 1, when there were people dying everyday.

We all know how you like to stir up shit and wish the DS was back in business so you would have something to do with your life.

You say that you hardly ever post here anymore, but you admit to trolling. Sad. It's been years and you are still the conductor on the "crazy train express".

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Yeah, the problem with this post's first remark is I'm aware of who you are & have read your story over the years. We have no idea who the anon was, where they were coming from or even whether a child was being abused in the collective pile on. I get you don't care about any of that…whether it's because you're just intolerant of needy people or in an active  battle– it's your prerogative. It's mine to share otherwise. Never my intention to take anything from people experiencing active disease, but if you want to characterize my point that way, I can't do anything about it. But you're wrong about me.

I didn't miss your reason- it's the same controversial subject people have been batting around long before you ever came to the board.  You don't like when people expect a little brightness in their battle and they want support? So be it, but too bad. You're not the first on here to feel that way. The world is full of  whiners or people in the midst of having ugly shit thrown their way and that doesn't make any of them undeserving of a little break on the Main Board. Unless expressely noted by the management-there will always be different stages represented, different levels of need -they are all here looking for information that I thought  the board was here to provide.  My view is that disgust with people looking for good news or emotional support  is as negative or controversial as you not liking the neediness or the posting of their disgust with bad news . I didn't miss your your point- I don't agree with it. That's a long way from accusing you of being a scaredy cat, misinterpreting your view of important info or anything else you chummed up in your reply. We rarely agree and while you might believe it's because I"m wrong…that would only be your opinion.

You don't really know me, what I deal with and I don't share any of that with the likes of you either. I also convey surface feelings on issues and rarely post my *real* private information for the view of others. I don't *do* pity and I don't enjoy it for myself.  Your opinion wasn't misunderstood, your ability to get your point across was nothing less than razor sharp…it's just that the tactics used to confuse my message were apparent and called out.  I've never witnessed you unable to get your point across and I don't see it now.   My disagreeing with your message and noting your attempt to obfuscate my point really have nothing to do with the quality of your posting abilities. Again,from what I can see, you appear to be as willing, feisty and succinct as ever.

I'm not in the business of "classing", rating the importance or validity of anyone's disease — that has always been  the bailiwick of  certain others. I don't deny anyone their disease on the main board — however seriously life-threatening  or whiny it may be. You don't seem to really understand anything about me at all…and it's not necessary for you to do so. If you want to lump me in with those you find distasteful, ignorant or callous..that's your right…but you are very off the mark. Darn,  if we're just  not destined to "board bond"– I doubt either of us really gives your "rat's ass" about that anyway.

Good luck and take care.

NicOz
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

But, gee whiz… I MAY have only responded it that way because I'm scared and have all sorts of shit going on in my life. How intolerant and nasty of you not to think about that. I'm wounded. Obviously I'm not displaying my fear appropriately and acceptably, in a socially acceptable manner.

Nice take on WHY I rarely post, but so far off the mark that it's frightening. I'm fairly certain I mention the issue a couple of times in there. Still, as long as you use your incorrect assumption to reason to justify yourself, that's all that matters. Hmmm… I've always been so frightened of receiving a controversial or negative reply from something I've said. The My terror at the though, leaves me frozen. Anyhoo- Your twisted version makes for better reading, I guess. Well done, you! 🙂

Yes, my attitude was caustic. Many good reasons for that, but once again… I have no wish to share them, particularly with someone like you. I will convey surface feelings on an issue (though, it's far too confusing to understand me apparently), but "innermost"? Not on your nelly. I don't have enough respect for many people on this site.

I hope this is written in an understandable manner for you. Terribly sorry that it was all over the place and I don't make any sense. Gee, I wonder why that could be? No, I dare not mention it- it would only be classed by the likes of you as attempting to garner pity, and I'll be damned if I give you that opportunity.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Oh, fer fu#ks sake – you employing  the overused, easy offensive strike? You know it  takes no more time to copy a couple of lines than it did for you to type your rant.

"Don't friggin huh you?" Excuse me, but I didn't realize that you demand a more deferential posting than I or any patient or visitor. Thanks anyway for the reprimand, but I'll huh or post my support or ideas when the mood strikes me, as often or as sporadically as I choose. I also don't give a "rat's ass" who or what you care about and I don't let your ideas influence when or how I state my opinion. You can read what I offer with a grain of salt, contemplate the difference or bitch about it, here. Any choice is fine by me.  I have always enjoyed watching as you parade your opinion and biting  style of expression around the boards . It doesn't  change my opinion or posting behavior,  but I always find it more interesting than much of the drivel on the social board.

I  don't have to qualify my participation to you, but since your argument seems to hinge on my appearance or lack thereof- I'll bite:  I don't spend much time reading this site anymore, along with thousands of  former participants who've lost interest and only post sporadically.  Even more to  the point- I don't post on the main board as I do not have any current treatment or information that would be  helpful enough to move important posts off the front page. You're complaining I can't be bothered helping when your post to the main recounts your own purposeful lack of participation —because you can't be bothered with the controversial, negative replies to your input. Again, huh? That's rich.  You can't logically defend your point both ways…even if it serves your purpose in your argument. I'm either here or not and while you're certainly within your right to bitch about either one – you're back and forth doesn't make any sense.

My first comment on the board was about the right of anyone to post on the main board about our disease-  from Jill and Eric's pictures to the anonymous poster's feelings. As long as it's on the off-topic board, anything is up for nasty debate. I've enjoyed your all-over-the-map strikes and your caustic attitude- at the same time not giving the 'rat's ass" how you feel about my enjoyment.  At the very least, it was pleasurable reading.

Have a glorious day, Nic, taking care of the much more important things that fill your day than do mine! (That was funny, too !).

debbieVA
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Well put Nic.  Good to see you around the neighborhood!  The Karma bus will be loading up shortly for some.   

debbieVA

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

A "Karma" bus?  The karma concept  always seems akin to a free pass for anticipating, enjoying or even evoking hand's-off harm under the guise of someone's *Karma*.  And isn't that karma shtick kinda creepy  to relate on a board for people with cancer ?

If  a person believes that Karma actually exists-that most of our terrible life experiences are not random and what you do /believe brings what you get- it's sure makes it a little awkward here as everyone on this board suffers from some kind of pain and/or cancer.  How  does the Karma bus know who to pick up  for Karma pain & cancer and who just gets run over by random pain or 'regular' non Karma  cancer?   It's an ugly bunch of  nonsense.

A  good-intentioned main board bus would be great though—it could transport every patient, of every stage, to a helping hand or even  a little slack for the anxious new people who might make a mistake over there! I  have to believe this is the kind of bus you called- because good people don't wish pain (Karma crap) on their worst enemies and they certainly would see the incongruity of clamoring for support to some while evoking harm for others. Good people couldn't miss the way Karma doesn't square with their claim on the high ground or their supposedly superior intentions in this and every situation.

No, a Karma bus wouldn't make any sense at all, for good people- and I really believe most of us are good people- just in different places with different opinions.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

A "Karma" bus?  The karma concept  always seems akin to a free pass for anticipating, enjoying or even evoking hand's-off harm under the guise of someone's *Karma*.  And isn't that karma shtick kinda creepy  to relate on a board for people with cancer ?

If  a person believes that Karma actually exists-that most of our terrible life experiences are not random and what you do /believe brings what you get- it's sure makes it a little awkward here as everyone on this board suffers from some kind of pain and/or cancer.  How  does the Karma bus know who to pick up  for Karma pain & cancer and who just gets run over by random pain or 'regular' non Karma  cancer?   It's an ugly bunch of  nonsense.

A  good-intentioned main board bus would be great though—it could transport every patient, of every stage, to a helping hand or even  a little slack for the anxious new people who might make a mistake over there! I  have to believe this is the kind of bus you called- because good people don't wish pain (Karma crap) on their worst enemies and they certainly would see the incongruity of clamoring for support to some while evoking harm for others. Good people couldn't miss the way Karma doesn't square with their claim on the high ground or their supposedly superior intentions in this and every situation.

No, a Karma bus wouldn't make any sense at all, for good people- and I really believe most of us are good people- just in different places with different opinions.

debbieVA
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Well put Nic.  Good to see you around the neighborhood!  The Karma bus will be loading up shortly for some.   

debbieVA

NicOz
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Don't friggin "Huh?" me. And don't confuse me with people who give a rat shit about people who post as 'anonymous'. I don't care whether someone posts with a recognisable moniker or not.

You must have an awful  lot of time on your hands for that amount of copying and pasting. Fortunately, I don't have that luxury, and have more important things to do so am not going to go on a copy and paste fest from the original post. Pull out a few examples of replies that illustrate nasty and intolerant, and expect me to go back and rebuttal surrounding who "anonymous" MAY have been in terms of their circumstances? Nuh-uh.

If you wanted a response that said "hey, I know it was hard to look at, but it's reality for some patients and as this is a site for all patients the video has a place here. It's a good idea to check before you click on links in the future.  You sound frightened…maybe you can share a little bit about what you're going through?" (Only copied and pasted because it was accessible on this page, right above me- didn't even have to go back to your response) then where in the hell were YOU? What stopped you? What's stopping you know? Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, when you can even be arsed weighing in ON the actual post. If you weren't comfortable with people knowing who you were, there's a post as anonymous function you could have used.

But no…Let's just comment after the game has been played, use the replay button to fill yourself with quotes, and be all sancitmonious about how it should have been played. If you were so upset at how people were responding to the post, where was your support for anonymous? You'd prefer to use it as your platform and wind people up and for telling people that they should be ashamed of themselves for not having rushed to assist the 'anonymous' post who may have been all of the possibilities you've made up for them, or none of them.

So no. I've had it up to the back teeth with the people who are upset about what someone unpalatable has posted, and turning it around to be all about them (let alone speaking on behalf of ALL the melanoma patients on the site). In the first person, or by another person on their behalf. People want to admit they're scared? If you can click on a reply button, you can also utilise a create new thread button. Much the same as if they can find a site online, they can read a "caution- graphic" warning. 

It may not be DEATH for most people, but for many people it is. And if you think that is "nasty" because this particular person feels like it is death, then the anon poster is pretty "nasty" because they feel it is highly inappropriate. Personally, I don't think either poster is nasty. Just expressing their own reality or opinion… which is what posting is for, isn't it?

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Not certain agreeing with someone's right to post would qualify as "lauded,  ( or even stating your own discomfort with the information), but I'm 100% positive that the following mainboard remarks to the anon would fall in the nasty and intolerant category:

"If you don't like it, leave"

"you certainly need to hop back on the crazy train."

"Melanoma is DEATH" ( & as this isn't the case for most patients, saying this to someone who is obviously  frightened is pretty *nasty*…  and incorrect! )

"grow some balls and tell us who you are… otherwise… get the hell out"  ( which is kinda funny as the following statement was also part of the poster's argument : "This site is for EVERYONE"?)

"SHAME ON YOU ANONYMOUS!!!!"

"Clearly the MRF needs to add a third category for replying to posts as – "I'm an idiot".

Isn't the main board about every variation you find with Melanoma, information, support and education?  Now, if this were the darker side of the Melanoma board…grow some balls and get the hell out would have been a rollicking good time…but on the main board, to a frightened patient, it might have been more productive to use some other kind of message to "inform". People of every age have computers…maybe the anon WAS a junior high student, an elementary-school child with Melanoma or a  child of a parent with the disease. We don't know. It's tough shit, grow up,  take it and shut the hell up about it?  Why can't it be "hey, I know it was hard to look at, but it's reality for some patients and as this is a site for all patients the video has a place here. It's a good idea to check before you click on links in the future.  You sound frightened…maybe you can share a little bit about what you're going through?"  Nah, it's  "hop back on the crazy train" .  I LOVE that kind of message…but not there, to that person, at that time.

Cracks me up what passes for appropriate on the main board sometimes…"you will die a painful death and rot in hell for eternity"  is a-ok, but " you scared me" is too much to handle. Huh?

NicOz
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

So 'anon' on that post is lauded for expressing their disenchantment, but those who did not agree with them were merely being nasty and intolerant by expressing their disenchantment with that poster? Okaaaaaay. No hypocrisy there.

People were invited to view or not. Privacy was not invaded.

Cooper
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Roxanne is right on target here.  The nastiness and intolerance is by you folks not the anon who posted her/his disenchantment with the post by Jill.  I have to agree, is it really necessary to share this stuff?  Isn't it personal and private for Eric?  Do you remember when they would haul in to school the black lung from a smoker to scare you?  did it work? NOOOOOO..This isn't going to work on kids to stop tanning too much disconnect.  It feels like an invasion of personal privacy to me.  And you can see I'm a private person who likes to remain anon.

Charlie S
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Always looking for the pony………………….., at least Anon lit up the OTB.

……………….and as a bonus T-Rox  steam cleaned her mouse and was able to respond,

Breathing now here as well.

Smirk.

Charlie S

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

My mouse is always clean.

Stop smirking, it's inappropriate!

🙂

nicoli
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Tina, Tina, me thinks thou doth protest too much.

If you want to remain "anon" you gotta cool the defensiveness or everyone will figure you out.

Nicki

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Yeah, Niki, because I've always been afraid to tell you and everyone else I think they're being stupid or they did the wrong thing. That's my calling card- I'm very timid- ha !  I don't agree with the anon's opinion about the pictures or video any more than I agree with the attacks on the anon.

But since this is the Off-topic board,  I feel free to express myself and must address (yes,  protest !)  your latest, brilliant comment….social message boards thrive on protesting too much. That doesn't indicate anon post ownership …it  merely adds life to a floundering, almost dead board. Your simplistic, erroneous deduction doesn't add much to the level of discourse, but it IS the kind of crap that keeps the board empty. Carry on with that nonsense and see what that tired accusation gets the board- nothing.

Put your finger under the words as you read the following….I don't post on the main board- no way, no how. It moves important posts off the main page and wastes valuable space better used for people fighting cancer. Here? I'll be a posting fool and I'll claim it. As usual.  

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

….knowing how this can degenerate into tediousness… let me clarify …I WILL post cancer information to the main board if I have something of value to aid a patient.

Now, the nit-pickers don't have to unite 🙂

nicoli
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

such a bitter, angry woman.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

You forgot the usual * bitchy*. Sorry, Niki, when a  woman strongly expresses her opposing opinion that doesn't means she's bitter or angry. It only means she's a woman with a strong ,opposing opinion.  Now, I personally wouldn't choose to end a debate by reducing a fellow woman to a stereotype  often used by weaker men to shush opinionated women…but if that's all you have, I'm confident enough to take it.

I'm neither bitter or angry. Isn't it about time we * girls * stop accepting or using that as the insult when we dare express ourselves in a confident manner? Or  maybe we should just stop all this "caterwauling " and do some crafts together? Bake some nice cookies or knit? For the love of…

nicoli
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

What a bitter, angry woman.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

I know, right?

By the by…do you happen to have the latest issue of  Ladies Home Journal ? I'm so looking for a cute pattern for my kitchen curtains. I bet I can whip something like that up as fast as someone could say…" bite me".

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

oh oh Moderator Moderator!!!!! TinaR/Rox/Sybil said BITE ME!!!

Oh and I'm really not anon, I just wanted to get in before the rush…

TinaR/Rox/Sybil

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

oh oh Moderator Moderator!!!!! TinaR/Rox/Sybil said BITE ME!!!

Oh and I'm really not anon, I just wanted to get in before the rush…

TinaR/Rox/Sybil

Cooper
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Rox,

Not since Irma Bombeck have I been so entertained. You have such genuine talent, seriously you should write a book about the idiots that roam this planet and this site.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

How nice and thanks, but I couldn't write a book- I battle a serious case of  Dysorthographia  ( it's like zero grammar and punctuation skills +).  Hell, with my often mentioned Barney-like comprehension, I can barely read a book!

Besides, you're estimation is based upon a serious lack of comparable entries. I'm a piker when viewed against the brilliance of former patients of the old board. I miss their wit and presence – I don't come anywhere near their ability and my contribution was always found lacking.

I appreciate your comments, though—YOU are obviously a very nifty person!  wink

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

How nice and thanks, but I couldn't write a book- I battle a serious case of  Dysorthographia  ( it's like zero grammar and punctuation skills +).  Hell, with my often mentioned Barney-like comprehension, I can barely read a book!

Besides, you're estimation is based upon a serious lack of comparable entries. I'm a piker when viewed against the brilliance of former patients of the old board. I miss their wit and presence – I don't come anywhere near their ability and my contribution was always found lacking.

I appreciate your comments, though—YOU are obviously a very nifty person!  wink

Cooper
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Rox,

Not since Irma Bombeck have I been so entertained. You have such genuine talent, seriously you should write a book about the idiots that roam this planet and this site.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Rox, watch out, I might take you up on that biting option.  maybe we should start a new thread on this topic.  I've missed seeing your recipes since my accident.  (are am I being too much of a whimp?) 

Later Gator.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                        As long as you're not driving one of those Karma buses…you're good!

I only have time for three short recipes today- when I get return from vacation I'll share a couple more I've used this summer.  The first one is so easy and has been a big hit with everyone who has tried a piece.

Lemonade Pie – either pink or regular.

You can make your own crust or use a pre-made Graham Cracker Crust- easier!  ( home-made:  9 honey graham crackers finely crushed- 1/14 cups mixed with 1/3 cup margarine or butter melted- mix and press into bottom of 9" sq pan.)

1 quart ( 4 c) frozen vanilla yogurt, softened.
                                                                                                                                                                                                        6 oz ( about 1/2 can) of FROZEN pink lemonade concentrate, thawed.

Beat yogurt and concentrate liquid together until well -blended. Pour over crust, cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Top with whipped cream/pink sprinkles and serve.

It's so refreshing during the hot summer months- so easy and inexpensive !

This next one is sooo tasty-  although, my family hates any vegetable,  but I love them and they NEED to be tortured…oh,  I mean they need their nutrients.

Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese-Bacon Vinaigrette ( who knew you could grill a head of lettuce!)

4 Tlbs extra virgin olive oil
                                                                                                                                                                                                        3/4 cup finely diced red onion
                                                                                                                                                                                                        1/2 pound bacon, 1/4 inch dice
                                                                                                                                                                                                        1/2 c balsamic vinegar
                                                                                                                                                                                                        3 Romaine lettuce heads, cores removed and leafy ends trimmed, cut the entire head in half lengthwise (leaves should remain together on each side though)
                                                                                                                                                                                                        1/2c. crumbled blue cheese
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Freshly cracked black pepper

Preheat grill to high. Heat 1 Tbls olive oil in lg skillet over high heat. Add onion, bacon and cook till bacon is crispy. Remove onion and bacon from pan, add balsamic vinegar and 1 tbls of olive oil and reduce 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside. Brush Romaine with the remaining 2 tbls of olive oil. Grill cut side down and quickly sear until grill marks are visible. Set aside.

For each serving, place a half head of romaine cut-sdie up on plate and drizzle with the balsamic dressing. Sprinkle with blue cheese and top with bacon and onion. Season with pepper.

This next on is really neat…I may have posted this before…

Yonanana Ice Cream ( a banana ice cream made with JUST Bananas and a little water).

Cut 5 ripe bananas ( these are the very brown spotted – but not rotted bananas. Pure yellow or green will produce very bitter ice cream)cut into 3 inch chunks and freeze overnight in a ziplock or container 

Place in good blender or a food processor. Add a smidge of cold water to the blender- not too much…and in the processor it may not even be necessary.  Chop and whip the frozen bananas to ice cream. It will go into a crumbly stage and you will be discouraged. Just keep whipping and it will produce a smooth, creamy banana ice cream! This makes about 4 or so servings.

There you go…a  few things to bite on …Enjoy!

—– Original Message —–
                                                                                                                                                                                                        TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                          As long as you're not driving one of those Karma buses…you're good!

I only have time for three short recipes today- when I get return from vacation I'll share a couple more I've used this summer.  The first one is so easy and has been a big hit with everyone who has tried a piece.

Lemonade Pie – either pink or regular.

You can make your own crust or use a pre-made Graham Cracker Crust- easier!  ( home-made:  9 honey graham crackers finely crushed- 1/14 cups mixed with 1/3 cup margarine or butter melted- mix and press into bottom of 9" sq pan.)

1 quart ( 4 c) frozen vanilla yogurt, softened.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          6 oz ( about 1/2 can) of FROZEN pink lemonade concentrate, thawed.

Beat yogurt and concentrate liquid together until well -blended. Pour over crust, cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Top with whipped cream/pink sprinkles and serve.

It's so refreshing during the hot summer months- so easy and inexpensive !

This next one is sooo tasty-  although, my family hates any vegetable,  but I love them and they NEED to be tortured…oh,  I mean they need their nutrients.

Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese-Bacon Vinaigrette ( who knew you could grill a head of lettuce!)

4 Tlbs extra virgin olive oil
                                                                                                                                                                                                          3/4 cup finely diced red onion
                                                                                                                                                                                                          1/2 pound bacon, 1/4 inch dice
                                                                                                                                                                                                          1/2 c balsamic vinegar
                                                                                                                                                                                                          3 Romaine lettuce heads, cores removed and leafy ends trimmed, cut the entire head in half lengthwise (leaves should remain together on each side though)
                                                                                                                                                                                                          1/2c. crumbled blue cheese
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Freshly cracked black pepper

Preheat grill to high. Heat 1 Tbls olive oil in lg skillet over high heat. Add onion, bacon and cook till bacon is crispy. Remove onion and bacon from pan, add balsamic vinegar and 1 tbls of olive oil and reduce 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside. Brush Romaine with the remaining 2 tbls of olive oil. Grill cut side down and quickly sear until grill marks are visible. Set aside.

For each serving, place a half head of romaine cut-sdie up on plate and drizzle with the balsamic dressing. Sprinkle with blue cheese and top with bacon and onion. Season with pepper.

This next on is really neat…I may have posted this before…

Yonanana Ice Cream ( a banana ice cream made with JUST Bananas and a little water).

Cut 5 ripe bananas ( these are the very brown spotted – but not rotted bananas. Pure yellow or green will produce very bitter ice cream)cut into 3 inch chunks and freeze overnight in a ziplock or container 

Place in good blender or a food processor. Add a smidge of cold water to the blender- not too much…and in the processor it may not even be necessary.  Chop and whip the frozen bananas to ice cream. It will go into a crumbly stage and you will be discouraged. Just keep whipping and it will produce a smooth, creamy banana ice cream! This makes about 4 or so servings.

There you go…a  few things to bite on …Enjoy!

—– Original Message —–
                                                                                                                                                                                                          JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Rox, watch out, I might take you up on that biting option.  maybe we should start a new thread on this topic.  I've missed seeing your recipes since my accident.  (are am I being too much of a whimp?) 

Later Gator.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Later Gator.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Later Gator.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

I know, right?

By the by…do you happen to have the latest issue of  Ladies Home Journal ? I'm so looking for a cute pattern for my kitchen curtains. I bet I can whip something like that up as fast as someone could say…" bite me".

LV
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

nicoli, you got that just about right.

LV
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

nicoli, you got that just about right.

nicoli
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

What a bitter, angry woman.

djpayn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

If you were simply expressing yourself in a confident manner, I am sure people would stop drinking the Rox "hater-ade"

But, since you are being your usual "nasty" self –  ???

Really?     "neither bitter or angry"?

How about we just call a cantankerous old hag a cantankerous old hag?

nicoli
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I was going to stop with back and forth stuff, I actually do have a life. But Tina, Tina, you are soooooooo funny. In one post you are implying that it is demeaning for women to sew curtains, bake cookies or do crafts.

And in the next post you are……………..exchanging recipes!!!!!   Hilarious.

You are not an Erma Bombeck, not nearly as funny (yes, I read all her books when I was a kid, I read all of my mom's books). More of a Phyllis Diller.

Nicki

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Oh, how awkward for you. Not  too quick on the uptake, huh?  It's okay,let me give you a hint : it wasn't the sewing, the crafts, cookies or recipes that were demeaning women…………… uh, you there yet? Did you make the jump?

It might help if you Google the definition of sarcasm and then steal some time from your very busy life to figure how it all comes together.  If you get that puzzle, maybe you can really blow a gasket contemplating what this all means for Jerry and his interest in recipes…

From your fingers to God's ear I should only live as long as Phyllis Diller- because I couldn't even claim her level of humor. Erma and Phyllis have talent, I'm just inspired to  comment on the absurdity of others… those are the people providing the real humor. ….. You there yet? Did you make the jump? Google sarcasm?

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Oh, how awkward for you. Not  too quick on the uptake, huh?  It's okay,let me give you a hint : it wasn't the sewing, the crafts, cookies or recipes that were demeaning women…………… uh, you there yet? Did you make the jump?

It might help if you Google the definition of sarcasm and then steal some time from your very busy life to figure how it all comes together.  If you get that puzzle, maybe you can really blow a gasket contemplating what this all means for Jerry and his interest in recipes…

From your fingers to God's ear I should only live as long as Phyllis Diller- because I couldn't even claim her level of humor. Erma and Phyllis have talent, I'm just inspired to  comment on the absurdity of others… those are the people providing the real humor. ….. You there yet? Did you make the jump? Google sarcasm?

nicoli
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

I was going to stop with back and forth stuff, I actually do have a life. But Tina, Tina, you are soooooooo funny. In one post you are implying that it is demeaning for women to sew curtains, bake cookies or do crafts.

And in the next post you are……………..exchanging recipes!!!!!   Hilarious.

You are not an Erma Bombeck, not nearly as funny (yes, I read all her books when I was a kid, I read all of my mom's books). More of a Phyllis Diller.

Nicki

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Hater-ade?  That's sounds so trendy …is that a  new term like Merkin or Born Again?

Yeah, I really get what you're saying…but it sure makes for a good time for you.  (You're welcome)  I could drop by and wish everyone a *BEAUTIFUL MORNING*  and there would be 691 posts ( check the count) of people typing  " Beautiful? WTF, you witch, you got something against the word gorgeous?– Drop dead you bitter crone!Oh OH, and Morning?  FU#KEN MORNING !!!??! Who the hell do you think you are everything revolves around your schedule– including the planet!  It's the middle of the night where I come from…you self-absorbed bitch- HOW DARE YOU!"

Yeah, like I mentioned to the budding rocket scientist below, that stuff provides the real humor and the accurate picture of what goes on around here…always has. Have a sip of your favorite 'aide" , you wouldn't know how to spend your time without it. Oh, and by the way….and I still think damning cancer patients to a painful death and tortuous dirt nap on the main board  is awful and stabbing your friend in the back sucks a lot, too. Gosh, could my comments on those situations have anything to do with your favorite libation,hmmmmmmmmmm????.

You can call  me whatever you like, but tell me …what can I call you ? Oh, right, that confidence thing…not feeling it, eh? Drink up…

djpayn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Oh How I Simply Love It When You Lose Your Marbles Rox!

What On Earth Would You Do Without The Ability To Be A Hateful Crazy Woman On The Boards?

Go Find A Rock To Crawl Under, Won't You?

djpayn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Oh How I Simply Love It When You Lose Your Marbles Rox!

What On Earth Would You Do Without The Ability To Be A Hateful Crazy Woman On The Boards?

Go Find A Rock To Crawl Under, Won't You?

LV
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

It would probably be a good idea for everyone to step away, slowly. It's hard to not watch such a public meltdown, but you know it isn't right to stare.

And don't tap the glass at the monkey house. It drives the inmates crazy.

LV
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

It would probably be a good idea for everyone to step away, slowly. It's hard to not watch such a public meltdown, but you know it isn't right to stare.

And don't tap the glass at the monkey house. It drives the inmates crazy.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Hater-ade?  That's sounds so trendy …is that a  new term like Merkin or Born Again?

Yeah, I really get what you're saying…but it sure makes for a good time for you.  (You're welcome)  I could drop by and wish everyone a *BEAUTIFUL MORNING*  and there would be 691 posts ( check the count) of people typing  " Beautiful? WTF, you witch, you got something against the word gorgeous?– Drop dead you bitter crone!Oh OH, and Morning?  FU#KEN MORNING !!!??! Who the hell do you think you are everything revolves around your schedule– including the planet!  It's the middle of the night where I come from…you self-absorbed bitch- HOW DARE YOU!"

Yeah, like I mentioned to the budding rocket scientist below, that stuff provides the real humor and the accurate picture of what goes on around here…always has. Have a sip of your favorite 'aide" , you wouldn't know how to spend your time without it. Oh, and by the way….and I still think damning cancer patients to a painful death and tortuous dirt nap on the main board  is awful and stabbing your friend in the back sucks a lot, too. Gosh, could my comments on those situations have anything to do with your favorite libation,hmmmmmmmmmm????.

You can call  me whatever you like, but tell me …what can I call you ? Oh, right, that confidence thing…not feeling it, eh? Drink up…

djpayn
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

If you were simply expressing yourself in a confident manner, I am sure people would stop drinking the Rox "hater-ade"

But, since you are being your usual "nasty" self –  ???

Really?     "neither bitter or angry"?

How about we just call a cantankerous old hag a cantankerous old hag?

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

You forgot the usual * bitchy*. Sorry, Niki, when a  woman strongly expresses her opposing opinion that doesn't means she's bitter or angry. It only means she's a woman with a strong ,opposing opinion.  Now, I personally wouldn't choose to end a debate by reducing a fellow woman to a stereotype  often used by weaker men to shush opinionated women…but if that's all you have, I'm confident enough to take it.

I'm neither bitter or angry. Isn't it about time we * girls * stop accepting or using that as the insult when we dare express ourselves in a confident manner? Or  maybe we should just stop all this "caterwauling " and do some crafts together? Bake some nice cookies or knit? For the love of…

nicoli
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

such a bitter, angry woman.

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

….knowing how this can degenerate into tediousness… let me clarify …I WILL post cancer information to the main board if I have something of value to aid a patient.

Now, the nit-pickers don't have to unite 🙂

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Yeah, Niki, because I've always been afraid to tell you and everyone else I think they're being stupid or they did the wrong thing. That's my calling card- I'm very timid- ha !  I don't agree with the anon's opinion about the pictures or video any more than I agree with the attacks on the anon.

But since this is the Off-topic board,  I feel free to express myself and must address (yes,  protest !)  your latest, brilliant comment….social message boards thrive on protesting too much. That doesn't indicate anon post ownership …it  merely adds life to a floundering, almost dead board. Your simplistic, erroneous deduction doesn't add much to the level of discourse, but it IS the kind of crap that keeps the board empty. Carry on with that nonsense and see what that tired accusation gets the board- nothing.

Put your finger under the words as you read the following….I don't post on the main board- no way, no how. It moves important posts off the main page and wastes valuable space better used for people fighting cancer. Here? I'll be a posting fool and I'll claim it. As usual.  

nicoli
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Tina, Tina, me thinks thou doth protest too much.

If you want to remain "anon" you gotta cool the defensiveness or everyone will figure you out.

Nicki

TinaR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

My mouse is always clean.

Stop smirking, it's inappropriate!

🙂

Charlie S
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Always looking for the pony………………….., at least Anon lit up the OTB.

……………….and as a bonus T-Rox  steam cleaned her mouse and was able to respond,

Breathing now here as well.

Smirk.

Charlie S

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics