The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Where is George Bush when we need him? (I think a political post is way overdue here)

Forums General Melanoma Community Where is George Bush when we need him? (I think a political post is way overdue here)

Participant

I mean if he was still in office we would be busy bombing Syria, Somalia, North Korea and Iran. The Defense industry would be booming, unemployment would be down and Dick Cheny might crack a smile for the first time in 20 years. We are wasting all these bullets shooting each other here at home. Wouldn't it be more fun to use them against the Axis of Evil? No I don't mean the Republican Congress, even though its tempting to include them as members of the Axis. 🙂  

I mean if he was still in office we would be busy bombing Syria, Somalia, North Korea and Iran. The Defense industry would be booming, unemployment would be down and Dick Cheny might crack a smile for the first time in 20 years. We are wasting all these bullets shooting each other here at home. Wouldn't it be more fun to use them against the Axis of Evil? No I don't mean the Republican Congress, even though its tempting to include them as members of the Axis. 🙂  

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carole K
        Participant

HE IS WHERE HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE   AWAY FROM WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!

susanr
            Participant

Oh Carole….i have read your posts…you are amazing.!!!!!  do you really think any of these policians are 1,000 % completely doing the good of us.  Do you think any of them….even Obama and Michelle…who I thought might have a chance changing our minds and the country…lose any sleep over what we are going through?????  NO !!!!!!  If we die…it means nothing to them all.  Take care of yourself and your health becaue nobody will but you and you team.

Susan

susanr
              Participant

Oh Carole….i have read your posts…you are amazing.!!!!!  do you really think any of these policians are 1,000 % completely doing the good of us.  Do you think any of them….even Obama and Michelle…who I thought might have a chance changing our minds and the country…lose any sleep over what we are going through?????  NO !!!!!!  If we die…it means nothing to them all.  Take care of yourself and your health becaue nobody will but you and you team.

Susan

susanr
                Participant

Susan

Carole K
                Participant

Carole K
                  Participant

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Bill, from the title I wasn't sure which one you meant.  If the first we would be better off.  Since you meant the 2nd, we would be charging wars with payment left to the middle clss in the future.  As the way it is now, we are still due to pay for the wars in the future rather than as they are being fought and it looks like we are going to have the unfunded expendituress shifted to other unfunded expenidtures since the war costs are going down.  What about the Military medical costs?  They will go up for years now, but it is unlikely that funding for them will keep pace.  And what does  our lives meanto the politicians?  You guessed it!

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Bill, from the title I wasn't sure which one you meant.  If the first we would be better off.  Since you meant the 2nd, we would be charging wars with payment left to the middle clss in the future.  As the way it is now, we are still due to pay for the wars in the future rather than as they are being fought and it looks like we are going to have the unfunded expendituress shifted to other unfunded expenidtures since the war costs are going down.  What about the Military medical costs?  They will go up for years now, but it is unlikely that funding for them will keep pace.  And what does  our lives meanto the politicians?  You guessed it!

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics