The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

When your doctor has a financial interest in the trial

Forums General Melanoma Community When your doctor has a financial interest in the trial

Participant

I'm about to start the drug trial linked below for an intralesional with immunotherapy. I think I'm getting excellent care and I have immense respect and appreciation for my doctors. Just wondering how I should feel about one of them having disclosed a financial interest in the trial. Thank you in advance for weighing in.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29064334

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

If you respect them and feel like they have your best interest I think I would be OK with it.  At least your interest are aligned, you do well, trial does well, his financial interest do well.  I know what you mean though.  I've been places where doctors have told me the treatment they recommend even if it wasn't at their facility and I've been places where doctors have really pushed their own facility treatments.  I can't help wonder if a) they really do believe in their treatment or b) they don't want my insurance money to go somewhere else.

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics