The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What’s next? Can anyone give me info?

Forums General Melanoma Community What’s next? Can anyone give me info?

Participant

I have a question maybe someone can help me with…Plans! You know…plan A, Plan B, etc etc…I have been going through mine and now I am stumped!

I know some people would say not to stress it…but it's melanoma and somehow I don't see an end to my plan making…Yes I am stage 4 NED…but the beast is a tough one to slay.

I am currently in a MDX 1106 (anti PD-1 ) trial plus injections of  proteins/peptides…my wish is that it keeps me NED…HOWEVER…given the current trend  of Melanoma …I need more plans…

I have a question maybe someone can help me with…Plans! You know…plan A, Plan B, etc etc…I have been going through mine and now I am stumped!

I know some people would say not to stress it…but it's melanoma and somehow I don't see an end to my plan making…Yes I am stage 4 NED…but the beast is a tough one to slay.

I am currently in a MDX 1106 (anti PD-1 ) trial plus injections of  proteins/peptides…my wish is that it keeps me NED…HOWEVER…given the current trend  of Melanoma …I need more plans…

Currently the trials out there appear to exclude anyone who has used other immunotherapies…so what future options can I look at?? I think I am exhausted of reading studies and trials etc etc…no rest for the weary! -Lynn

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        jim Breitfeller
        Participant

Lynn,  Stay the course with Anti-PD-1 therapy. Ipilimumab will most likely get FDA approval on December 2nd.

LynnLuc
            Participant

Hey buddy! Long time no see in Inspire! I am doing fine on the trial thus far and Dr Weber says its promising!

But you know we can't stop running out the options…I forgot all about the IPI approval in December! Brain drain!

I have hot hard lumps in my thighs and Dr Weber saying its memory…and a good thing…but is it the vaccine therapy comprising gp100:209-217(210M) peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) peptide, NY-ESO-1 peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG subcutaneously …

I get that in 6 single injections in the same thigh and then the following treatment in the 6 opposite thigh…and an IV of escalating doses of  MDX 1106

Until the 2nd treatment I had no lumps…now I have lumps in both…now my question is- is it the vaccine that has memory or is it the MDX 1106 causing them to lump- what's actually remembering? The T cells or the peptides or what?

I know MDX 1106 is getting great results and I hope it does it's trick on me…If I remain NED I  go thru another 12 weeks and if I am still NED I will get booster MDX 1106 in IV every 3 months for  at least 2 years….

LynnLuc
              Participant

Hey buddy! Long time no see in Inspire! I am doing fine on the trial thus far and Dr Weber says its promising!

But you know we can't stop running out the options…I forgot all about the IPI approval in December! Brain drain!

I have hot hard lumps in my thighs and Dr Weber saying its memory…and a good thing…but is it the vaccine therapy comprising gp100:209-217(210M) peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) peptide, NY-ESO-1 peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG subcutaneously …

I get that in 6 single injections in the same thigh and then the following treatment in the 6 opposite thigh…and an IV of escalating doses of  MDX 1106

Until the 2nd treatment I had no lumps…now I have lumps in both…now my question is- is it the vaccine that has memory or is it the MDX 1106 causing them to lump- what's actually remembering? The T cells or the peptides or what?

I know MDX 1106 is getting great results and I hope it does it's trick on me…If I remain NED I  go thru another 12 weeks and if I am still NED I will get booster MDX 1106 in IV every 3 months for  at least 2 years….

LynnLuc
                Participant

PS I forgot to tell you ..at the MRF symposium last staurday DR Weber said within the next month all stage 4 patients will also have their tissue samples checked for 3 mutations( one is B raf) as standard…and then they will do the stage 3…as SOP!

jim Breitfeller
                  Participant

Lynn, What are the other two mutations?

BRAF

c-Kit

?

Take care

Jimmy B

LynnLuc
                    Participant

I can't even remember…he was so excited because they were getting the needed stuff to add it to their lab,,,said it would save time by doing the testing themselves, as with most places they currently send it off…I will ask another person who attended or maybe I will just e mail my nurse…I see him on wednesday if I don't get a response before. I think it's a wave that's coming though…

LynnLuc
                      Participant

I can't even remember…he was so excited because they were getting the needed stuff to add it to their lab,,,said it would save time by doing the testing themselves, as with most places they currently send it off…I will ask another person who attended or maybe I will just e mail my nurse…I see him on wednesday if I don't get a response before. I think it's a wave that's coming though…

jim Breitfeller
                        Participant

Lynn, What are the other two mutations?

BRAF

c-Kit

?

Take care

Jimmy B

LynnLuc
                          Participant

PS I forgot to tell you ..at the MRF symposium last staurday DR Weber said within the next month all stage 4 patients will also have their tissue samples checked for 3 mutations( one is B raf) as standard…and then they will do the stage 3…as SOP!

jim Breitfeller
                          Participant

Lynn,  Stay the course with Anti-PD-1 therapy. Ipilimumab will most likely get FDA approval on December 2nd.

Viewing 1 reply thread
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics