The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

what to say what to say

Forums General Melanoma Community what to say what to say

Participant

Once upon a time, there lived a wee Bonnie Lea.  Now she had a multitude of evils living within her.   Systematically they were removed, but always this Bonnie Lea was kept under careful watch. Sometimes it drove her crazy, but for the most part she was a good type and jolly?

Once upon a time, there lived a wee Bonnie Lea.  Now she had a multitude of evils living within her.   Systematically they were removed, but always this Bonnie Lea was kept under careful watch. Sometimes it drove her crazy, but for the most part she was a good type and jolly?

After what seems to be a long long time of waiting, the day arrived for a scary procedure (for her)  and she was delivered to a new to her hospital for this latest in what seems to be a long long line of 'things' to be dealt with.  Arrival with DD on her arm at the ungodly hour of 6:45 a.m.  This was  not too bad as Bonnie Lea did not have any sleep the night before, and was semi conscious the whole night,  but DD had to get up at 5:00 a.m. to come to pick her up.  DH is in a job that doesn't allow much wiggle room, and being a marina manager in the Northern Hemisphere means he  is up to his little ears with boaters having boats lifted and stored. So pretty much working 7 days a week.  No work, No pay.

anyhow.   DD and Bonnie Lea go to the appropriate place called  (day surgery)  now to to unknowing folk it doesn't mean that it takes a whole day to do something…just you don't spend the night in  hobbithall I guess unless something goes dreadfully wrong.  Like once DD went in for laparoscopic gall bladder removal, ended up having a open, stayed 5 days in hobbithall.  not happened to me ever.

I digress.

She gets into hobbithall gowns  was able to retain he socks but had to put 'footies on'  and went to her assigned bed.  blood lady came took out gallons.  Nursie came interviewed her  set up all her meds, her  previous surgical things,  Bonnie Lea  could see herself and nursies  reaction to all Bonnie Lea's

missing parts , and the factor of WOW  the VP shunt installed in Bonnie's  brain and the tube snaking down inside to hells gate.  WHY did this happen?  how did you (they) know,  Bonnie, once again instructed her on the ins and outs of N. P. H.  (normal Pressure Hydrocephalus) and how I was way too young to be a demented bum.  They rested (mother and DD)   Played several  "angry bird' games on my MP3 IPod thingy.

was then taken to the CT suite parked in the hall  still playing Angry Birds challenging dotter.  eventually I was called, met a new doctor called  Dr. Ashe nice fellow.  He explained that he could not clearly see the new tumor on the kidney from previous images, so will hopefully get what he needs before we begin the biopsy.  BUT  (of course dear guys and guyetts)  there is a BIG BUT  the CT machine (yes only one)  is acting up it will scan, but something is amuck when they use contrast, which he wanted to do.  (the IV kind)  Oh did I tell you nursie had tried 3 times to find a vein, could not, but CT nursie did so I was hooked up to saline still challenging DD with angry birds)

they position me.   I have osteoporosis and a touch of scoliosis lower back.  But for this she needed to be on her tummy which is not conducive to a happy bonnie lea.  So she was  on the table, on her tummy, IV (saline at this point)  lots of pillows to keep her head propped up and a bloody full face oxygen mask on (why not those little tine things?)  try to lay on your  tummy head to the side  (which side)  one  contains the tube which bothers when you lay on it, (psychosomatic they have told Miss Bonnie)  Shoot ten min worth of pictures.  BE STILL don't move it changes your spine then doctor comes says  no go.  He cannot get a clear enough shot of it without the IV contrast.  (they had given her some sedative)  and were just about ready to dole out more.   The thing is almost touching the liver, and he needs a clear shot.

SIGH   will be rescheduled.

Because of the smidgeon of sedative  Miss Bonnie and DD had to stay in "day surgery'  playing angry birds, for 2 hours.    Now guys those that know my tale of woe, can appreciate this.   The last MRI I had the machine had broken before it w as my turn.  Different hospital, different machine. 

I am still here  with one heck of a back ache.  But DH brought  home KFC  which was a treat! I ate some.  and fell asleep.  stayed in one position all night me and my CPAP mask.  cannot hardly even move this a.m.

SORRY for long letter.

Sorrier for being a pest

But not sorry for loving you all.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Kimmer
        Participant

you are never a pest, Bonnie.  love to you and so sorry for the adventure and the waiting.

crud.

hope the resceduling is sooner rather than later.

k.

Kimmer
          Participant

you are never a pest, Bonnie.  love to you and so sorry for the adventure and the waiting.

crud.

k.

Kimmer
            Participant

crud.

k.

lhaley
              Participant

Bonnie,

You definitely have a unique story!  Not seeing clear!  At least the Dr is making sure before he starts the biopsy!!  Only 1 MRI machine!!   Have you thought about writing a book to help others fight through the medical system.

I hate the anxiety that is making you wait so you can move on.   We love you and so glad that you have DD to help.  I actually have been craving Kentucky Fried chicken also!!!!   

Sending you hugs,

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

Bonnie,

You definitely have a unique story!  Not seeing clear!  At least the Dr is making sure before he starts the biopsy!!  Only 1 MRI machine!!   Have you thought about writing a book to help others fight through the medical system.

I hate the anxiety that is making you wait so you can move on.   We love you and so glad that you have DD to help.  I actually have been craving Kentucky Fried chicken also!!!!   

Sending you hugs,

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Bonnie,

Sending you hugs,

Linda

KyCyn
                    Participant

Bonnie Lea, I am so far behind in your news – but dang it, I sure wish those doctors would quit bothering you so much!!

Your attitude and love will always make me smile, you know?  ๐Ÿ™‚

KyCyn
                      Participant

Bonnie Lea, I am so far behind in your news – but dang it, I sure wish those doctors would quit bothering you so much!!

KyCyn
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics