The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What does the approval of Yervoy mean for stage 3 patients?

Forums General Melanoma Community What does the approval of Yervoy mean for stage 3 patients?

Participant

I am reading that Yervoy is approved for 'late stage melanoma.'  Does anyone know if this includes any stage 3c patients?  Could it be perscribed (maybe not paid for by insurance) to stage 3 patients? 

I am reading that Yervoy is approved for 'late stage melanoma.'  Does anyone know if this includes any stage 3c patients?  Could it be perscribed (maybe not paid for by insurance) to stage 3 patients? 

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lisa13
        Participant

I'm Stage 3c and I'm looking into clinical trials for IPI (Yervoy) for adjuvant therapy. Unless your stage 3 is unresectable or you're stage 4, IPI is not used for Stage 3 (NED).  Clinical trials are the next best thing.  It's frustrating when there isn't many succesful options out there and you're fighting to keep Stage 4 from coming around for as long as possible.

Lisa

Jim M.
            Participant

Hi Lisa,

In 2008 I and others here were on a clinical trial with Ipi for stage 3 and 4 patients with resected melanoma. At the time I was stage 3C (still am) and was NED. I had an LND to the right axillary. I don't know if this kind of trial is available now.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
              Participant

Hi Lisa,

In 2008 I and others here were on a clinical trial with Ipi for stage 3 and 4 patients with resected melanoma. At the time I was stage 3C (still am) and was NED. I had an LND to the right axillary. I don't know if this kind of trial is available now.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Lisa13
              Participant

I'm Stage 3c and I'm looking into clinical trials for IPI (Yervoy) for adjuvant therapy. Unless your stage 3 is unresectable or you're stage 4, IPI is not used for Stage 3 (NED).  Clinical trials are the next best thing.  It's frustrating when there isn't many succesful options out there and you're fighting to keep Stage 4 from coming around for as long as possible.

Lisa

Jim M.
                Participant

I would suggest you email my oncologist who has worked with Ipi since they started researching it. He might be out of town for a couple days but he even emails me on weekends. Usually if you email him early a weekday morning he will respond the same day. He can tell you what is available with Ipi. His name is Jeffrey Weber and his email is: [email protected]

Best of success and God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                  Participant

I would suggest you email my oncologist who has worked with Ipi since they started researching it. He might be out of town for a couple days but he even emails me on weekends. Usually if you email him early a weekday morning he will respond the same day. He can tell you what is available with Ipi. His name is Jeffrey Weber and his email is: [email protected]

Best of success and God Bless,

Jim M.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics