The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What do you say . . . .

Forums General Melanoma Community What do you say . . . .

Participant

when you're too sad to say anything at all??  Having been a member of this BB since 2000, I've seen lots of members lost . . . but Amy B is just too sad. 

May the Angels carry her off to her Glory (be that here or there) and the Gods carry her family and give them the strength they need to carry on.

XO,

Michele  🙂

when you're too sad to say anything at all??  Having been a member of this BB since 2000, I've seen lots of members lost . . . but Amy B is just too sad. 

May the Angels carry her off to her Glory (be that here or there) and the Gods carry her family and give them the strength they need to carry on.

XO,

Michele  🙂

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Kimmer
        Participant

I think you say 'I love you and I'm proud to know you.'

(I got that from my grandmama.)

Take good care, k.

Kimmer
          Participant

I think you say 'I love you and I'm proud to know you.'

(I got that from my grandmama.)

Take good care, k.

BillMFl
            Participant

I say Amy set the bar so high few if any can duplicate her. RIP Amy.

BillMFl
              Participant

I say Amy set the bar so high few if any can duplicate her. RIP Amy.

djpayn
                Participant

The news that Amy has decided to call in hospice is sad to us all.

But PLEASE!!  Get the facts straight!!  There is no need fro a RIP — SHES NOT DEAD!!!!

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

THANK GOD    I have been so thinking what the heck has happened here?  searched FB and everything, thankyou for clarifying this.

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                      Participant

THANK GOD    I have been so thinking what the heck has happened here?  searched FB and everything, thankyou for clarifying this.

Bonnie Lea

BillMFl
                        Participant

Good news vs bad news.  The good news is that she is still with us. The bad news is you didn't have to be so snotty. Especially considering who we all care about.  The clarification is very helpful. The attitude demeans you. No wonder you have to hide as an anon.

BillMFl
                          Participant

Good news vs bad news.  The good news is that she is still with us. The bad news is you didn't have to be so snotty. Especially considering who we all care about.  The clarification is very helpful. The attitude demeans you. No wonder you have to hide as an anon.

djpayn
                          Participant

The news that Amy has decided to call in hospice is sad to us all.

But PLEASE!!  Get the facts straight!!  There is no need fro a RIP — SHES NOT DEAD!!!!

BarbieGirl
                            Participant

Here's what I say:

Dear sweet Amy, I hate this damned disease more than I can put into words.

I love you, and I'm so happy we got to meet in real-life on a few occasions.  Even though melanoma brought us together, my life is so much richer and I am soooo blessed to know you.

I admire you for so many things:  for the relentless research you've done; for putting your story out there and helping others become their own best advocates; for giving hope when it seems there is none; for sharing your detailed experiences (good and bad) with the trials, biochem, bioimmunity meds, etc., and your responses to them (again good and bad); for your aggression and persistence in fighting red tape (insurance, dealings with incompetent people who don't know how to to their jobs);  for listening to me vent about non-melanoma related things and giving great advice. I love your organization ("getting your ducks in a row"); I love that you have taught us fellow warriors to be firm, ask questions until we get answers, say "yes" and/or "no" when necessary, for telling docs the way YOU are going to do things and not the other way around, but mostly, I love you just for being you.   And of course, I love you for admitting to your passion for barbies, too! =)

I adore you and Dennis and your sweet family. I love that you can look melanoma and death in the eye and say "SCREW YOU—I'm winning this battle one way or another."  I love that when God calls you home, you are ready, with your hands held high (no pun intended, short stuff! lol!), and saying "Here I am, Lord!!"

Thanks for being my friend, Amy.  I love you, always and forever.

~Lisa~   

BarbieGirl
                              Participant

Here's what I say:

Dear sweet Amy, I hate this damned disease more than I can put into words.

I love you, and I'm so happy we got to meet in real-life on a few occasions.  Even though melanoma brought us together, my life is so much richer and I am soooo blessed to know you.

I admire you for so many things:  for the relentless research you've done; for putting your story out there and helping others become their own best advocates; for giving hope when it seems there is none; for sharing your detailed experiences (good and bad) with the trials, biochem, bioimmunity meds, etc., and your responses to them (again good and bad); for your aggression and persistence in fighting red tape (insurance, dealings with incompetent people who don't know how to to their jobs);  for listening to me vent about non-melanoma related things and giving great advice. I love your organization ("getting your ducks in a row"); I love that you have taught us fellow warriors to be firm, ask questions until we get answers, say "yes" and/or "no" when necessary, for telling docs the way YOU are going to do things and not the other way around, but mostly, I love you just for being you.   And of course, I love you for admitting to your passion for barbies, too! =)

I adore you and Dennis and your sweet family. I love that you can look melanoma and death in the eye and say "SCREW YOU—I'm winning this battle one way or another."  I love that when God calls you home, you are ready, with your hands held high (no pun intended, short stuff! lol!), and saying "Here I am, Lord!!"

Thanks for being my friend, Amy.  I love you, always and forever.

~Lisa~   

Viewing 7 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics