The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What are you thankful for this Christmas

Forums General Melanoma Community What are you thankful for this Christmas

Participant

I think we should take a moment to reflect on what we are thankful for this holiday season. I must say it's been a pretty eventful year for me. I was first diagnosed in March and it has been a whirlwind of surgeries and doctors appointments ever since.

I gotta say, I am pretty thankful for my parents. They have been there every step of the way. My boyfriend took very good care of me while I recovered from surgeries. My kids who give me lots of kisses and love. I am thankful to still be in good health and to have a warm roof over my head. To be able to enjoy good meals with my family and to have a pile of presents under the tree for my 2 kids. 

I am thankful to have found a good doctor and healthcare team who really listen to my concerns and genuinely seem to care, and who are also very knowledgeable in my condition and give me straight answers.

With all the fear and uncertainties that surround us all, I think there is still a lot to be thankful for. What are you thankful for?

April

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant

I am thankful just to be alive after 1.5 years of treatment. I hope to take advantage of life in 2017 as my treatment spins down.

geriakt
          Participant

I am thankful just to be alive after 1.5 years of treatment. I hope to take advantage of life in 2017 as my treatment spins down.

geriakt
            Participant

SABKLYN
              Participant

Thankful for each day, for my wife, daughters, friends and family, my current good health AND for MRF and our community.  

Peace and Happy Holidays!

SABKLYN
                Participant

Thankful for each day, for my wife, daughters, friends and family, my current good health AND for MRF and our community.  

SABKLYN
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics