The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

We’ve had 3 wonderful months!

Forums General Melanoma Community We’ve had 3 wonderful months!

Participant

Hi all :). I apologize for having gone radio silent these last few months. I have been busy just celebrating having my husband back. After discontinuing the Yervoy and Opdivo combo and being treated with prednisone and lasix for a month, he was feeling fantastic! Even after we started the Opdivo again, he continued to do well. He was swimming with me and walking with me, and exercising. One of the most important things I've learned since his diagnosis in 2015 is that it's important to enjoy every single moment of every good day that we are blessed with, so we did just that. 

He's still doing well. His most recent pet scan in September indicated no new mets and no active tumors., so he's having an excellent response to the Opdivo. Unfortunately, I am noticing a change in his breathing that I will have to report to the doctor when we see him on Monday. Previously he had a very bad reaction to the Yervoy and had an enlarged heart and fluid on both lungs. I am afraid it may be happening again. I'll keep you all posted. 

Thanks, as always, just for being here and listening. 

Alison

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Newmanbell
        Participant
          I really know how you feel. We just got back yesterday from a vacation in Hilton Head. My husband, who is Stage 3b had to stop yervoy after 3 infusions. This trip he seemed to be almost himself and we enjoyed being together tremendously. I said many times during this trip I have my husband back. Let’s hope it continues, petscan tomorrow…

Donna

CancerSpouse
            Participant

I really appreciate these shares. I have just started this cancer journey with my husband, diagnosed last month with Stage IV. Last Monday he had his first Keytruda infusion. Friday was our 27th wedding anniversary. He's been working through waves of fatigue this week that seem to now be subsiding. We're in Palm Springs this weekend trying to have some fun, relax and learn how to take it one day at a time. — Carol

Bubbles
            Participant

Glad you've both been busy living and enjoying life, Alison.  Hang in there.  Will keep my fingers crosses for better scenario than you fear on Monday.  love, c

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics