The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Well, that went like clockwork!

Forums General Melanoma Community Well, that went like clockwork!

Participant

Love, love and adore my neurosurgeon. Was in hospital for 24 hours, from peri-op to discharge. That beautiful man removed a tumour (unfortunately it had to be done via a new hole in the head, but it's all good) and managed to stabilise my head without a single pin hole πŸ™‚ yay for me! It was termed a "mini-craniotomy". Sounds insignificant… and I like that πŸ˜€

Love, love and adore my neurosurgeon. Was in hospital for 24 hours, from peri-op to discharge. That beautiful man removed a tumour (unfortunately it had to be done via a new hole in the head, but it's all good) and managed to stabilise my head without a single pin hole πŸ™‚ yay for me! It was termed a "mini-craniotomy". Sounds insignificant… and I like that πŸ˜€

Of course, it's the worst haircut I've ever had, but eyebrows remained even, so one can't complain too loudly, eh? They sliced the temporalis muscle to get in there, and I HATE that, but it's ok. Getting less sore every day. Most importantly, it seems I am right to roll for G's dance recital in a couple of weeks πŸ˜€

I had a mixed bag of results this time around. I have had a couple decrease in size, but have a few (3?) new mets, one of which is close to the thalamus and will be back to have SRS on that fairly soon so I'm told. It's causing a little bit of left sided weakness and numbness, but is surely do-able at the moment. Physio told me it is a little weaker than the right side, but still very strong, so that's ok.

They are still pushing full steam ahead to treat me, and as long as they're doing that, I am one very happy camper!

Life is good

xxx

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

Nic, you are amazing, inspirational and downright funny.  Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Fen

Fen
          Participant

Nic, you are amazing, inspirational and downright funny.  Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Fen

debbieVA
            Participant

NIC~!  

Glad to hear your eyebrows are even!  NOW….on to the dance recital!  Continue to heal….you are an inspirational Melanoma Slayer!  Keep up the good work!

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
              Participant

NIC~!  

Glad to hear your eyebrows are even!  NOW….on to the dance recital!  Continue to heal….you are an inspirational Melanoma Slayer!  Keep up the good work!

Debbie Stage 4 NED

washoegal
                Participant

You are the best!  Wish you could post pictures of the dance recital, we could all use some normalcy. 

washoegal
                  Participant

You are the best!  Wish you could post pictures of the dance recital, we could all use some normalcy. 

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

love that you kept your eyebrows this time around.  They come in handy when questioning anyone about anything.  Keep on doing what you are doing  (great leaps)  and sure hope the recital brings you and your dear dotter, and (us???) JOY

Bonnie Lea
                      Participant

love that you kept your eyebrows this time around.  They come in handy when questioning anyone about anything.  Keep on doing what you are doing  (great leaps)  and sure hope the recital brings you and your dear dotter, and (us???) JOY

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Braggart!  Eyebrows still even, suppose the corners of your mouth are still even too?   The horse kick/fall on, left both of mine a mess!  Keep on rollomg Darling!

NicOz
                            Participant

Oh I'm looking stunning, sweets! πŸ™‚ I am a walking goddess (ROFL!- well, that's bullshit, but so be it!) But I did manage a haircut today, and my stitches look a little less "dark and mysterious" now. Animals are dangerous creatures, Jer. Less annoying than people, but dangerous nonetheless…

Off for SRS on the 29th and ever so much looking forward to another halo application… but the life of an angel is fraught with trials and tribulations *SNORT*  Sitting up here, having a beer (or 3) and contemplating setting the cat amongst the pigeons.

[I'm finding it more difficult daily to bite my tongue with a multitude of things. I don't think I have the whole "community spirit" thing happening. We shall see how I feel after I have my tea πŸ˜›

Always good to hear from you. It was rather mean to scare people like that. Tsk tsk!

I'm not loving this place lately. I don't think this place is conducive to honesty… keeping the natives calm seems to be the primary goal. I miss the old days. Perhaps I should simply step away again? *ponders*

I get sick of visiting here and feeling that I can't say what I think. Sucks some of the fun out of life, don't you know? But you never know… one more beer and I may let my 1.5- 2cm hair down!]

xxx

NicOz
                              Participant

Oh I'm looking stunning, sweets! πŸ™‚ I am a walking goddess (ROFL!- well, that's bullshit, but so be it!) But I did manage a haircut today, and my stitches look a little less "dark and mysterious" now. Animals are dangerous creatures, Jer. Less annoying than people, but dangerous nonetheless…

Off for SRS on the 29th and ever so much looking forward to another halo application… but the life of an angel is fraught with trials and tribulations *SNORT*  Sitting up here, having a beer (or 3) and contemplating setting the cat amongst the pigeons.

[I'm finding it more difficult daily to bite my tongue with a multitude of things. I don't think I have the whole "community spirit" thing happening. We shall see how I feel after I have my tea πŸ˜›

Always good to hear from you. It was rather mean to scare people like that. Tsk tsk!

I'm not loving this place lately. I don't think this place is conducive to honesty… keeping the natives calm seems to be the primary goal. I miss the old days. Perhaps I should simply step away again? *ponders*

I get sick of visiting here and feeling that I can't say what I think. Sucks some of the fun out of life, don't you know? But you never know… one more beer and I may let my 1.5- 2cm hair down!]

xxx

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

Braggart!  Eyebrows still even, suppose the corners of your mouth are still even too?   The horse kick/fall on, left both of mine a mess!  Keep on rollomg Darling!

MaryD
                                Participant

Well you made quick work of that little "project" and seem to be back up and running in no time!  And you're keeping your sense of humor at the same time!

It's wonderful to see you bouncing back and gearing up for that dance recital!    Sending good thoughts for success with the SRS and continued excellent recovery.

Best wishes,

Mary

MaryD
                                  Participant

Well you made quick work of that little "project" and seem to be back up and running in no time!  And you're keeping your sense of humor at the same time!

It's wonderful to see you bouncing back and gearing up for that dance recital!    Sending good thoughts for success with the SRS and continued excellent recovery.

Best wishes,

Mary

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                    Participant

Hey Nic,

Don't go "away" There are problems here, but lets see if they sort out… if not we can always find someplace else to hang.  Your posts were among the first I read when I landed here and I look forward to reading them for years to come.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                      Participant

Hey Nic,

Don't go "away" There are problems here, but lets see if they sort out… if not we can always find someplace else to hang.  Your posts were among the first I read when I landed here and I look forward to reading them for years to come.

Jerry from Cape Cod

KRob
                                        Participant

Nic,

I've followed your posts and have always admired the grace by which you handle every hurdle you've been given. May strength and peace be your constant companions as you battle on!

karen

KRob
                                          Participant

Nic,

I've followed your posts and have always admired the grace by which you handle every hurdle you've been given. May strength and peace be your constant companions as you battle on!

karen

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics