The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WELCOME!

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community WELCOME!

Inactive

Welcome, everyone, to the newly launched CURE OM online forum!  This forum is for anyone affected by ocular melanoma.

Welcome, everyone, to the newly launched CURE OM online forum!  This forum is for anyone affected by ocular melanoma.  It is our hope that you use this resource to create friendships, ask questions, get advice, share your triumphs, laugh, whine, complain…and probably lots of other things I'm forgetting.  You will build friendships here that will be unlike any other.  You will hear stories that will inspire you.  You will hear stories that will break your heart.  But, most of all, you will have a support group to lean on 24 hours a day — a group of people who have gone though, or are going through, the same experiences as you. 

On behalf of the Melanoma Research Foundation, we look forward to experiencing this journey with you and welcome you to this community.  If you need to contact me, I can be reached at [email protected], 202-347-9675, or you can email [email protected] and someone directly involved in the CURE OM initiative will contact you.

Sincerely,

Shelby Moneer, MRF Health Educator

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        als
        Participant

Hi Shelby,

What a nice opening note.  This CureOM effort is exciting and I'm sure will add great value to many folks.  Look forward to meeting you…..Andy Selig

als
          Participant

Hi Shelby,

What a nice opening note.  This CureOM effort is exciting and I'm sure will add great value to many folks.  Look forward to meeting you…..Andy Selig

als
            Participant

Hi Shelby,

Sara – CURE OM
              Participant

Dear Ocular Melanoma Community,

I want to second Shelby's warm welcome to CURE OM, and, specifically, to the CURE OM Forum.  We hope this forum will be used by patients and their loved ones to post about topics including: questions about treatment options, experiences with different treatments, post-treatment issues and concerns, doubts, fears, hopes, and triumphs.  Sometimes each of us will find ourselves needing support from the community and, at other times, we will find ourselves offering support to others.  As patients, spouses, children, friends, and family, we are all in this fight against OM together and the CURE OM Patient forum is a place to share openly, discuss, and support each other.

We want CURE OM to be as strong as possible at meeting the needs of the OM community so please be in touch with your questions, concerns, thoughts, and suggestions.  In addition to the general CURE OM email account ([email protected]), feel free to reach me at [email protected].

I look forward to being in touch and working together to alleviate pain and suffering due to OM.

Warm Regards,

Sara- Director, CURE OM 

eyecancerny
                  Participant

Thank you to all that have been instrumental in getting this initiative off the ground.  I know it hasn't been easy, but together we will make a difference in the lives of those diagnosed with OM.  I look forward to being part of this forum and the MRF.

Peace,

Anne Marie

eyecancerny
                    Participant

Thank you to all that have been instrumental in getting this initiative off the ground.  I know it hasn't been easy, but together we will make a difference in the lives of those diagnosed with OM.  I look forward to being part of this forum and the MRF.

Peace,

Anne Marie

eyecancerny
                      Participant

Peace,

Anne Marie

Sara – CURE OM
                      Participant

I want to second Shelby's warm welcome to CURE OM, and, specifically, to the CURE OM Forum.  We hope this forum will be used by patients and their loved ones to post about topics including: questions about treatment options, experiences with different treatments, post-treatment issues and concerns, doubts, fears, hopes, and triumphs.  Sometimes each of us will find ourselves needing support from the community and, at other times, we will find ourselves offering support to others.  As patients, spouses, children, friends, and family, we are all in this fight against OM together and the CURE OM Patient forum is a place to share openly, discuss, and support each other.

We want CURE OM to be as strong as possible at meeting the needs of the OM community so please be in touch with your questions, concerns, thoughts, and suggestions.  In addition to the general CURE OM email account ([email protected]), feel free to reach me at [email protected].

I look forward to being in touch and working together to alleviate pain and suffering due to OM.

Warm Regards,

Sara- Director, CURE OM 

Sara – CURE OM
                        Participant

Warm Regards,

Sara- Director, CURE OM 

SuzannefromCA
                          Participant

I am so happy that ocular melanoma is being recognized! I am a stage IV Conjunctival Melanoma warrior and just had my eye removed. When I would post something on the board before, I never got responses because of the rarity of my melanoma. It is otherwise known as Primary Acquired Melanosis. I hope to meet others here! I think I sent a message to you, Anne Marie.

Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                            Participant

I am so happy that ocular melanoma is being recognized! I am a stage IV Conjunctival Melanoma warrior and just had my eye removed. When I would post something on the board before, I never got responses because of the rarity of my melanoma. It is otherwise known as Primary Acquired Melanosis. I hope to meet others here! I think I sent a message to you, Anne Marie.

Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                              Participant

Suzanne

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics