The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

weird weather and then some

Forums General Melanoma Community weird weather and then some

Participant

Welladay…. it is January 12, 2012.  Here in Bonnie Land it is raining and FOGGY…yes I said foggy.  So much for the "true north strong and free" land of snow, igloos, and snowblowers.  Unreal. 

Welladay…. it is January 12, 2012.  Here in Bonnie Land it is raining and FOGGY…yes I said foggy.  So much for the "true north strong and free" land of snow, igloos, and snowblowers.  Unreal. 

Nice to know that loads of babies will be born.  New Vet Babie on MPIP OT BB,  and here, new friends grandbabies.  I laugh when I hear or see the word  "baby bump"  obv written by people without ever having that grace their bellies.  Tis not a BUMP tis a large hard moving LUMP of LIFE.  Sometimes tickly most times bugs you and you cannot keep a cup of tea on it when its contents decide to play roly poly.

Jerry from Cape Cod.  You hang in there.  I will always keep you fondly with lobsters in my mind.  (hahahha) and of course Jerry from Faulklands (my name for you)  keep yourself good and watch those horses.

Mr. Yoop, you continue to amaze, me.  You also Mr. Yawn.  I miss Mr. Fountainhead and his antics over the fountainettes and of course the Mrs.  One cannot help but think.  Roxanne,  I miss your daily imputs of recipes, and such.  And kidney cancer info.  (It was suggested that I contact you for some stuff pertaining to my up coming mess I am in.)  but alas lost the addy did I.

Mr. Bill,  Carver, and oh so many others.  I think we have some sort of bond.  Not really out of Mel.    Oh speaking of that.   I had a checkup at PMH and got the go ahead for one year till next appt.  (that was soooo long in coming,  since 2004)  My eyelid is displaying signs of LMM still, but that is being checked out as there is not too much they can do, without me looking more stupid than I do now with it.  So we wait and see.

So still six months on eyelid (diff hospital)  one year on mel.  6  months on boobs,  and now this mess.  OH WELL.  so everyone, be nice to each other. If no one else does, I love you all.

Bonnie Lea

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Bonnie, I do wish you luck and will be saying ma prayers for you, on your surgery day.  I can't imagine you not weathering through it like you have everything else over the years.  Once again, you Bonnie Lea are an understated masterpiece.  You should definitely make the best of only having one kidney.  My license plate is 1Lung.  Just think as soon as you get the bad thing out, the other one will move to the center and function twice as much as it did before, probably get bigger too.  My right lung takes over my whole chest cavity now, and in order to hear my heart beat, or do an echocardiogram, the best listening area is my left armpit.  I no longer have to swim like a turtle with pneumonia, and I'm back to jogging again, just to keep up w/Merry and the appointments going.  Full steam ahead, and best wishes for your daughters wedding(just take it easy on the alcohol for a bit.  Give the old kidney a little time to adapt before beating it up with all of those canadian drinks.  

BonnieLea
            Participant

John,   are you serious?  the kidney will move to be front and centre?  I thought the pee would have to find a way from one side to the next and with my luck it would get lost in the trip!    See they don't tell me squat!  just the gory details.  I did have a great laugh though….asking me a politically incorrect question…. hahah  I just kept on chortling…..  all to do with blood transfusions, and my religious persuasions.  (cuse spellling)

well, I am trying to arrange hotel rooms for everyone coming out of town.  (my friends and JLE friends all from internet on old BB I was on for about 12 years.  JLE met them all first since I do not have passport so from England, from BC (that be here)  and sis in law from Japan.

It is keeping my mind off Monday.

HUGS TO MERRY and the ahem  bump!

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
              Participant

John,   are you serious?  the kidney will move to be front and centre?  I thought the pee would have to find a way from one side to the next and with my luck it would get lost in the trip!    See they don't tell me squat!  just the gory details.  I did have a great laugh though….asking me a politically incorrect question…. hahah  I just kept on chortling…..  all to do with blood transfusions, and my religious persuasions.  (cuse spellling)

well, I am trying to arrange hotel rooms for everyone coming out of town.  (my friends and JLE friends all from internet on old BB I was on for about 12 years.  JLE met them all first since I do not have passport so from England, from BC (that be here)  and sis in law from Japan.

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                Participant

Love Bonnie

jag
                Participant

Bonnie, I do wish you luck and will be saying ma prayers for you, on your surgery day.  I can't imagine you not weathering through it like you have everything else over the years.  Once again, you Bonnie Lea are an understated masterpiece.  You should definitely make the best of only having one kidney.  My license plate is 1Lung.  Just think as soon as you get the bad thing out, the other one will move to the center and function twice as much as it did before, probably get bigger too.  My right lung takes over my whole chest cavity now, and in order to hear my heart beat, or do an echocardiogram, the best listening area is my left armpit.  I no longer have to swim like a turtle with pneumonia, and I'm back to jogging again, just to keep up w/Merry and the appointments going.  Full steam ahead, and best wishes for your daughters wedding(just take it easy on the alcohol for a bit.  Give the old kidney a little time to adapt before beating it up with all of those canadian drinks.  

jag
                  Participant

Yawn
                    Participant

Bonnie Lea, 

I just read Janner's update.  Thinking of you and waiting for your update.  

C.

Yawn
                      Participant

Bonnie Lea, 

C.

Yawn
                        Participant

Bonnie Lea, 

C.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics