The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Weight loss

Forums General Melanoma Community Weight loss

Participant
      I’ve always been on the light side of average, but now I’m officially underweight. I’m eating really well; it’s just not sticking. Each time I go to the doctor I see that I’ve lost a little more. Is this caused by melanoma or Keytruda?
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        BillB
        Participant
          I would suggest having pituitary/ thyroid function tested. Keytruda could impact them.
          Bill
            Tsvetochka
            Participant
              They check my thyroid levels with each Keytruda. Pituitary… I’ll have to look into that. Thanks.
              Mark_DC
              Participant
                Dear Tsvetochka

I gained about 10 lbs after steroids then kost 30 lbs on keytruda plus tvec
                However, the reason for this was that i lost my appetite – food tasted unexciting and raw food hard to eat
                I had the same question lr fear as you – was it cancer or themeds
                if tour scans and bloodwork are ok, think it could well be the meds

Sadly i have since gained about 15lbs (and enjoy eating again!) but if i can now keep my weight reduction (which also lowered my cholesterol!) then i will be happy
                Good luck
                mark

Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics