The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

We kicked the Beast!!

Forums General Melanoma Community We kicked the Beast!!

Participant

Had my monthly oncologist visit this am. He said my 5th petscan shows all the tumors are shrank, the latest new one is 'non measurable!"

Brief history, stage 4 metastatic melanoma!  Diagnosis a little over a year ago, starting with xray that showed lung mass, the ct scan, then petscan which showed 7 tumors throughout glowing. Armpit, groin, chest, lung mass, node by pancreas. And one on lower back to right and above waist. MRI clear. I had 3 of the 4 combo treatments, yervoy/opdivo. Then liver enzymes toxic. 5 months of prednisone, then started 1mg of opdivo maintenance which is a very low dose. First time my dr prescribed such a low dose. He was concerned with the side effects.

Wow i thinlk we can say i am NED!  Thank you Lord!  And thank you Immunotherapy.  And thank you all for sharing on this forum and helping me and others on this journery.  I recently read on this forum about someone who was NED who developed pancreatitis on maintenance treatment.  So i know i am not healed, and the beast can raise his ugly head again.  But for now I am good!  Still have wiped out thyroid, on 125mg of synthroid now.  I take glucosamine chondrotite for my osteoarthritis.  I had it before but now it's worse. Will be glass when weather warms up and i can get my water aerobics going again.

Every Dr appt i tell Mr Wang, Kaiser Woodland hIlls, someting that i learned from this forum.  I think I am education him lol!

Thank you all for your support and advise.  And am happy to shre how it helped me.  It was because of this forum I knew that 3 of the 4 combo treatment was ok.  That the enegizer bunny kept working anyways.  And what to do for  my rashes/hives.  It has really helped. God Bless  you all, Sharon

PS My neighbor said it was my daughters dog that cured me ha!  3 yr old Sadie, labradoodle who won't leave my side.  I live in a studio by Michele and she shares her dog with me. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sharon93065
        Participant

In the beginning I had to learn new words.  How to spell metastatic.  And what is stage 4?  And what exactingly is metastatic.  What is difference between MRI, Petsca, Catscan. And at first pronouncing immunotherapy. 

Sharon93065
          Participant

In the beginning I had to learn new words.  How to spell metastatic.  And what is stage 4?  And what exactingly is metastatic.  What is difference between MRI, Petsca, Catscan. And at first pronouncing immunotherapy. 

Coragirl
            Participant

So very happy for you! Your news is great news for us all! I hope you are planning a celebration.

Tracyyy
              Participant

Congrats Sharon! So so happy for you! Celebrate! Greetings from Bulgaria

GeoTony
                Participant

excellent news

sister of patient
                  Participant

Great news!! So happy for you!! Enjoy!!

Barb

TexMelanomex
                    Participant

Awesome news Sharon!! You are a Warrior!

KellyH
                      Participant

Great news!!!!! 

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics