The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

We got Ipi!

Forums General Melanoma Community We got Ipi!

Participant

My husband was randomized yesterday and he received the ipi arm of the trial!

First infusion is Monday.

Any suggestions for what I can do to alleviate symptoms?

What can we expect after the infusion?

Thanks!

My husband was randomized yesterday and he received the ipi arm of the trial!

First infusion is Monday.

Any suggestions for what I can do to alleviate symptoms?

What can we expect after the infusion?

Thanks!

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        DonnaK
        Participant

I'm so happy to hear the good news! I was beginning to think that no one was actually being randomized to Ipi…  It's about time someone lucked out.

DonnaK
          Participant

I'm so happy to hear the good news! I was beginning to think that no one was actually being randomized to Ipi…  It's about time someone lucked out.

DonnaK
            Participant

Gene_S
              Participant

Great news!!!  The first infusion was very easy for my husband with maybe a little itching.  He is even on the high dose of 10mg/kg and not the 3mg/kg.  He has mild symptoms throughout and he has been on it since Mar. 2011 with the 12 week clinical and on maintenance of every 12 weeks since.  As of the last scans overall he has regression of over 63% with some being totally gone.  He had liver, lung and one was on the neck/head area and pressing on the spine which made it inoperable (it is totally gone now).  He did have some thyroid problems but is on prednisone 5 mg in morning and 2.5 in evening.

Good luck.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene Stage IV)

petie540
                  Participant

I appear to be in the same clinical trial asyou are. would yo like to share experiences?

petie540
                    Participant

I appear to be in the same clinical trial asyou are. would yo like to share experiences?

Gene_S
                      Participant

That would be great.

Gene

Gene_S
                        Participant

That would be great.

Gene

Gene_S
                          Participant

That would be great.

Gene

petie540
                            Participant

Gene_S
                            Participant

Great news!!!  The first infusion was very easy for my husband with maybe a little itching.  He is even on the high dose of 10mg/kg and not the 3mg/kg.  He has mild symptoms throughout and he has been on it since Mar. 2011 with the 12 week clinical and on maintenance of every 12 weeks since.  As of the last scans overall he has regression of over 63% with some being totally gone.  He had liver, lung and one was on the neck/head area and pressing on the spine which made it inoperable (it is totally gone now).  He did have some thyroid problems but is on prednisone 5 mg in morning and 2.5 in evening.

Good luck.

Gene_S
                              Participant

Good luck.

bradcope1
                                Participant

Congratulations!! I was beginning to think it was impossible for someone to the ipi arm. Word is they are having a lot of trouble filling the interferon arm, so I think you defied the odds. We couldn't be happier for you.

We got interferon, so we are now wait and see. Good luck. We are all hoping that this will prove to be a major step forward for stage 3.

bradcope1
                                  Participant

Congratulations!! I was beginning to think it was impossible for someone to the ipi arm. Word is they are having a lot of trouble filling the interferon arm, so I think you defied the odds. We couldn't be happier for you.

We got interferon, so we are now wait and see. Good luck. We are all hoping that this will prove to be a major step forward for stage 3.

bradcope1
                                    Participant

EmilyandMike
                                      Participant

Congrats!  I cant wait to hear the results of this trial in 2 years..which seems so far away at the moment.  I read your profile and wanted to ask – did your husband have an in-transit recurrence 5+ years after being diagnosed Stage 3?  What stage 3 was he in 2005?  Just curious because it scares me that melanoma can come back so long after being removed.  My husband is 2 years out with no treatment (stage 3a). Thanks! Emily

EmilyandMike
                                        Participant

Congrats!  I cant wait to hear the results of this trial in 2 years..which seems so far away at the moment.  I read your profile and wanted to ask – did your husband have an in-transit recurrence 5+ years after being diagnosed Stage 3?  What stage 3 was he in 2005?  Just curious because it scares me that melanoma can come back so long after being removed.  My husband is 2 years out with no treatment (stage 3a). Thanks! Emily

EmilyandMike
                                          Participant

momof2kids
                                            Participant

IPI / YERVOY CAN WORK! I'm another living proof subject!

I'm Stage IV (Brain, Liver & Lung), so I had to really HOPE AND PRAY that it would work!

Just came back from my 1st scan after 4 treatments of Yervoy, and my Lung & Liver tumors all SHRUNK!  Brain tumor (treated with Gamma Knife & still visible 2 months ago) was GONE!

I had all 4 injections starting back on Sept. 2nd, and finished Nov. 4th 2011.  I NEVER HAD A SINGLE side effect. Not even one!  No upset stomach, no headaches, nothing!  I never watched my bloodwork results for the numbers people talk about, and YERVOY / IPI WORKED!

Just believe that this drug can bring on miracles in shrinking these damn tumors, for short times, or long times (I've seen Lisa post about how her doctor said they've had people react to this drug for YEARS with it shrinking tumors!).  Now that's what I want to hear…I want to know that my immune system is ready to kick some ass and kick these cancer cells to the curb for now and hopefully for quite awhile!!

Hope you guys get some good results on down the road and don't suffer any, or very few side effects!

– Jackie

momof2kids
                                              Participant

I'm Stage IV (Brain, Liver & Lung), so I had to really HOPE AND PRAY that it would work!

Just came back from my 1st scan after 4 treatments of Yervoy, and my Lung & Liver tumors all SHRUNK!  Brain tumor (treated with Gamma Knife & still visible 2 months ago) was GONE!

I had all 4 injections starting back on Sept. 2nd, and finished Nov. 4th 2011.  I NEVER HAD A SINGLE side effect. Not even one!  No upset stomach, no headaches, nothing!  I never watched my bloodwork results for the numbers people talk about, and YERVOY / IPI WORKED!

Just believe that this drug can bring on miracles in shrinking these damn tumors, for short times, or long times (I've seen Lisa post about how her doctor said they've had people react to this drug for YEARS with it shrinking tumors!).  Now that's what I want to hear…I want to know that my immune system is ready to kick some ass and kick these cancer cells to the curb for now and hopefully for quite awhile!!

Hope you guys get some good results on down the road and don't suffer any, or very few side effects!

– Jackie

momof2kids
                                                Participant

– Jackie

Richard_K
                                                    Participant
                                                      Jackie
                                                      Love to read these kinds of posts. Well done!
                                                      Dick
                                                      Richard_K
                                                      Participant
                                                        Jackie
                                                        Dick
                                                        Richard_K
                                                        Participant
                                                          Jackie
                                                          Dick
                                                        BrianP
                                                        Participant

Congrats!  I'm getting randomized next week.  Hopefully I'll get the ipi arm as well and we can swap ipi experiences!

Brian

BrianP
                                                          Participant

Congrats!  I'm getting randomized next week.  Hopefully I'll get the ipi arm as well and we can swap ipi experiences!

Brian

BrianP
                                                            Participant

Brian

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics